Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 04-07-2013, 10:56 AM   #301
kosaros
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 999
Default Re: ☆The Japanese Boxing Thread!☆

Results of some important fights in Japan today:

Koki Kameda (30-1, 17KOs) has, again, been involved in another close decision victory, this time beating Panomroonglek Kaiyanghadaogym (36-2, 19KOs) by a split verdict to retain his WBA World bantamweight title. One judge had it 116-113 for the challenger, but he was overruled by scorecards of 115-114 and 115-113 for Kameda.

In a surprise, Filipino puncher Denver Cuello (33-4-6, 21KOs) was pushed to a majority decision victory over former 'world' title challenger Takashi Kunishige (24-9-2, 2KOs). The scores for the bout were 97-92 and 96-93 for Cuello, while the other judge had it even at 95-95. Cuello is awaiting a WBC minimumweight title shot against the winner of Xiong Zhao Zhong vs Carlos Ortega on May 3.

In a crossroads battle, Hiroyuki Hisataka (22-10-1, 10KOs) breathed new life into his career as he defeated former flyweight ruler Sonny Boy Jaro (34-12-5, 22KOs) by unanimous decision over 10 rounds. Scoring for the bout was as followed: 98-94, 98-94 and 96-94 all for Hisataka.

---

Nobuo Nashiro (19-5-1, 13KOs) scored his first (somewhat) notable win in almost two years, stopping Thailand's Yodchanchai Nakornloung Promotion (19-3, 16KOs) in the 6th of a scheduled 10 rounds. The always exciting Nashiro, 31, had said he would retire if he failed to beat Tepparith Kokietgym in September of last year, but his valiant performance in defeat prompted him to continue his journey towards a third 'world' title.

Fast-tracked former flyweight world title challenger Hirofumi Mukai (8-2-1, 1KO) was surprisingly stopped for the first time in his professional career by contender Mark Anthony Geraldo (27-4-3, 12KOs), with the Filipino decking the hometown favourite in the 2nd of a scheduled 10 rounds.
kosaros is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2013, 11:01 AM   #302
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 32000

I'm hearing the Kameda retention was super dodgy.

If it was indeed a gift, that's arguably four in his reign...basically any time since Munoz that he didn't stop the opponent, the consensus has been that he didn't earn it on points.

I definitely had him losing against De La Mora.

Ruiz & Manakane did enough.

Now this random Thai.

Koki and this other Japanese icon have something else in common...

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Old 04-08-2013, 09:58 AM   #303
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Japanese punchers went 3-0 today on the WBC triple-header in Tokyo.

Akira Yaegashi hammered out a gory UD over Toshiyuki Igarashi, flooring him repeatedly but also getting his own face torn up.

Takashi Miura ended the brief reign of Mexican journeyman turned Cinderella man Gamaliel Diaz (and got revenge for Takahiro Aoh) with a 9th round knockout following several knockdowns.

Shinsuke Yamanaka withstood & repelled the best efforts of Malcolm Tunacao, stopping the game but utterly depleted Filipino with a brutal combination in the final minute while up on the cards (known due to WBC open scoring) and with nasty cuts all over the challenger's face which themselves could have warranted discontinuation.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:39 PM   #304
kosaros
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 999

Olympic gold medallist Ryota Murata had an exhibition today, facing former Japanese middleweight champion Sanosuke Sasaki. Footage is below:

BORKED

BORKED

And although it was an exhibition, Murata didn't exactly hold back

Also, highlights from Naoya Inoue's win over Yuki Sano, the #1 contender in Japan at light flyweight:

BORKED
kosaros is offline  Top
Old 04-16-2013, 01:49 PM   #305
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: ☆The Japanese Boxing Thread - Inoue wins; Olympic gold medallist Murata in action

Inoue would beat Zou Shiming if they fought next
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 04-16-2013, 07:14 PM   #306
T.C.W
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: ☆The Japanese Boxing Thread - Inoue wins; Olympic gold medallist Murata in action

Inoue impressed me last night, he looks the goods big time.
T.C.W is offline  Top
Old 04-18-2013, 01:33 AM   #307
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Just have some lovely touches for a kid. I would honestly put him with Ioka at the beginning of 2014 if he keeps bowling over domestic oppo'.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 04-18-2013, 01:56 PM   #308
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
Inoue would beat Zou Shiming if they fought next
Interestingly, if Inoue had not lost to Birzhan Zhakipov of Kazakhstan...in Kazakhstan (which I don't trust the legitimacy of in the absence of any footage - especially where it was still a relatively close 16-11 for Zhakipov...) in a qualifier, Inoue and Shiming would've been seeded to likely meet in the London Olympics last year. Zhakipov lost narrowly to Shiming in the Quarterfinals...
Old 04-18-2013, 02:01 PM   #309
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Shiming would've beaten Inoue at the Olympics. If he could win the final against the Thai (horrific robbery) then he would've beat Inoue.

Anyway, now, as pro's; Inoue wins. Will likely never happen, not as soon as I'd like it to anyway. Zou is gonna' be protected.

Also, the Kazakh decision; Kazahkstan have some fantastic fighters, I wouldn't be surprised if it was legit'. I can't recall Zou's bout with Zhakipov although I remember watching it (made sure I watched all of Shiming's fights at the Olympics, have watched him for years now)

Probably another dodgy decision for Zou, his form was pretty poor. Did he beat Barnes again? IIRC that might've been his only strong showing of the Games.
Flea Man is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum