Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 01-23-2012, 08:08 AM   #16
Lead Right
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Soliman attempts to derail Geales title defence.

so Soliman is given 2 months with it being over the Xmas/New Year period.

What was the whole dam point of this IBF box off, its a total peice of absolute rubbish.

absolute rubbish
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoley View Post
Gav, as Ippy said, Adama became #1 in october. Sam became #2 when he beat Albert in november. If the box off for Geales challenger did'nt happen in the proper time frame then #1 is the mandatory. A bit unfortunate for Sam but Adama was always in the box seat. Adama is the money fight for Geale at this time imo.
Lead Right is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2012, 08:10 AM   #17
Lead Right
Contender
ESB Senior Member

if Adama fought in October 2011, and
Soliman in November 2011

when was the cut off date for Soliman vs. Adama fight to be made? how are they going to fight before mid January? what was the whole point of this box off if it was not going to be for a right to fight the champion? do you win the semi-final at the Australian Open tennis yet not be granted a place in the final?

What was the whole point of Solimans last fight?

Soliman has been ripped off! And Geale Grange are bad mouthing them in the media saying they did not meet the rules, this needs to be stated as what these so called rules where?

Last edited by Lead Right; 01-23-2012 at 08:27 AM.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:24 AM   #18
ALTogethernow
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

How is adama the "money" fight? He is a total ****ing unknown outside of enthusiasts in aus! Also sammy has equal or greater profile to Geale, That would be a far bigger cash fight! Total crap and Sammy has been given a raw deale IMO!
ALTogethernow is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2012, 08:25 AM   #19
Lead Right
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Australian Boxing: Sam Soliman Advances in IBF Title Eliminator Box-Off

By Srithar Visuasam: Sam Soliman (40-11, 17 KOs) was impressive in outpointing Eromesele Albert (24-6-1, 12 KOs) last night at the Melbourne Pavillion, Melbourne, Australia.

Fighting as part of a four man box-off tournament to see who faces IBF champion Australian Daniel Geale (26-1, 15 KOs) next year, Soliman and Albert fought an intense bout over the full 12 rounds. Albert, dictated the pace of the fight, coming forward to Soliman throughout the whole length of the fight, but it was Soliman, with his awkward style that saw him counterpunch his way to victory throwing combinations at unique angles which made life difficult for the former world title challenger.

The fight got a bit more aggressive in the later stages of the fight, with both fighters exchanging at a more frequent regularity. By the end of the fight, it appeared Melbourne based fighter Soliman had done enough to capture victory, with scorecards reading 117-111, 118-110 and 116-112 in his favour.

The victory sees Soliman advance to the final of the IBF eliminator box-off, where he will take on Osamanu Adama (20-2, 15 KOs) in the new year to determine who will contest for Geale’s title. Geale was present at the fight last night and appeared as a guest commentator.

In other fights, fighting for the vacant IBO Asia Pacific and OBPF cruiserweight titles, Brad Pitt (12-0, 10 KOs) stopped Victor Oganov (31-5, 29 KOs) in the fifth round of their bout. Oganov, a former super middleweight, looked very undersized in comparison, but gave Pitt a tough fight, hitting him with some heavy shots in round 3 and having him in serious trouble.

After receiving a hit to the back of the head by Oganov in round 4, Pitt had an extensive break to recover in his corner. From that point on Pitt resumed control of the fight and the fight was stopped late in the following round.

Light welterweights Czar Amonsot (22-3-2, 12 KOs) and Solomon Egberime (21-3-11, 11 KOs) fought a tough fight over 12 rounds with the WBO Oriental light welterweight title. The result ended in a split draw with the three scorecards reading 114-113, 113-114 and 113-113. Blake Caparello (9-0-1, 4 KOs) stopped Michael Van Nimwegen (5-1, 2 KOs) in the seventh round of their bout to capture the vacant Australian light heavyweight title. At lightweight, ****** Medoro (0-3-2) and Dylan Sendeckyj (0-1-1) also fought to a split draw, with scorecards reading 40-37, 38-38 and 37-39.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Old 01-23-2012, 08:57 AM   #20
zoley
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALTogethernow View Post
How is adama the "money" fight? He is a total ****ing unknown outside of enthusiasts in aus! Also sammy has equal or greater profile to Geale, That would be a far bigger cash fight! Total crap and Sammy has been given a raw deale IMO!
As i said imo. You might think Sam has a greater profile than the IBF middleweight champion of the world but thats your opinion and you are entitled to it. I personally have never seen the sense in Geale fighting someone that Mundine has beat 3 times.
zoley is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2012, 04:20 PM   #21
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Right View Post
Soliman has been ripped off! And Geale Grange are bad mouthing them in the media saying they did not meet the rules, this needs to be stated as what these so called rules where?
Soliman is calling in lawyers to stop Geales mandatory fight, and you're upset at Geale for bad mouthing Soliman.
Sox is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2012, 05:08 PM   #22
perfect jet
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Everyone knows the sanc bodies make up or change the rules to suit themselves. But...

Sammy should be thankful he is fighting a 10-2 club fighter, coming off a loss and hasnt fought for a year....which may serve as an eliminator for geales title.

And if im geales camp, i avoid avoid a soliman fight at all costs. It will be an ugly win which wont help build on his fan base. If he ko's sammy, its " sammy is old and past it anyway". No win situation really.

Sammy v wood is the ugliest fight in the world. I bet it doesnt sell more than 50 tickets outside sponsors tables. They got a little bit of publicity in the last few days though with this legal threat
perfect jet is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2012, 05:13 PM   #23
T.C.W
Belt holder
ESB Addict

What does ray weatley say about this rubbish. Geale will not fight Solimon. After this fight he off to the USA. To fight serigo or jccjr.
T.C.W is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2012, 06:22 PM   #24
dominator
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1397

You have to feel for Soliman whose been short changed on world title fights his entire career.

If you are told by the sanctioning body that you are in a tournament to determine who is going to challenge for the title and then before the tournament is concluded they change plans and let the higher ranked fighter get the title shot by default, you would be quite annoyed.

It seems like double standards if they initially mandate a tournament and then backflip and go on the 270 day timeframe. All of this is the IBF's fault and for the IBF to endorse this fight certainly doesn't do them any favours. I hope Sam gets his deserved title shot.
dominator is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2012, 07:09 PM   #25
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominator View Post
You have to feel for Soliman whose been short changed on world title fights his entire career.

Stuart Duncan short changed him?

International Boxing Organization middleweight title

vacant WBA World super middleweight title

WBA World super middleweight title

vacant World Boxing Foundation middleweight title

Quote:
I hope Sam gets his deserved title shot
Sam dont deserve no title shot against Geale until he earns it, not sure why this is even being discussed other than for publicity, neither you nor soliman know what your on about.

Quote:
Daniel Geale has hit back at rival Sam Soliman's threat to the IBF world champion's next title defence, asking simply: Who does he think he is?

Soliman's management have called on lawyers in an attempt to stop Geale's bout with Osumanu Adama, threatening an injunction within 14 days, as of last Thursday.

They claim Geale broke an agreement and that Soliman was disadvantaged because he was unable to find a promoter to complete an IBF-ordered box-off to determine Geale's challenger.
Perhaps he could apply for the dissability pension? he fights like a spastic so he just may well pass as one. He was disadvantaged the moment he got KTFO by bumdine. Now he is blaming Geale because he wasnt able to find a promoter? does anyone else see anything strange about this, its like me blaming joe blow because i got a flat tyer yesterday was late for work and got fired so now im taking him to court.

Quote:
"It's their fault that things didn't work out the way that they want there," said Geale, who claims he had to confirm his mandatory defence by February.

"They're sort of crying about it now and carrying on about it now.

"Who do these guys think they are to be able to say that?

"They've got to go through the right avenues if they want to fight me. They've got to get their rankings right if they want to fight me and then we'll consider that option.

"At the moment we've got options coming from everywhere.

"I've had to work so hard to get into this position as well and these people want to jump the queue and just fight me whenever they feel like it.

"It's just not the right way."
Soliman the queue jumper!

One of Sams biggest fans on this forum is Johnny Boy! i wonder what he has to say about all of this.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2012, 07:49 PM   #26
perfect jet
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Id feel sorry for adama if he had to partake in this silly box off with two orangutans. They might have changed the goal posts (who knows?) but the IBF got it right.....

Geale v adama

Soliman v wood in front of ten sponsors tables and 50 of garths footy mates.
perfect jet is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2012, 11:41 PM   #27
dominator
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1397

WBF title, hahaha!

He definitely got short changed at middleweight, particularly the IBF, after he beat Joval in the eliminator and was ranked No 1 and then had to fight Winky instead of Jermain Taylor. Then he got a guaranteed title shot in fighting Mundine at super middleweight.

It's funny how this time it's the IBF are screwing him over again.

I don't blame Geale, I blame the IBF and it's stupid box-off idea, which created false hope.
dominator is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2012, 12:27 AM   #28
Sawyers
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.C.W View Post
What does ray weatley say about this rubbish. Geale will not fight Solimon. After this fight he off to the USA. To fight serigo or jccjr.
No.
Sawyers is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2012, 01:10 AM   #29
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

Gorilla Soliman has had far more challenges for belts than his talents ever warranted.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2012, 01:18 AM   #30
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 346

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominator View Post

WBF title, hahaha!

He definitely got short changed at middleweight, particularly the IBF, after he beat Joval in the eliminator and was ranked No 1 and then had to fight Winky instead of Jermain Taylor. Then he got a guaranteed title shot in fighting Mundine at super middleweight.

It's funny how this time it's the IBF are screwing him over again.

I don't blame Geale, I blame the IBF and it's stupid box-off idea, which created false hope.
still he got a few shots and didnt pull it off, it sounds like sour grapes to me, geale will box his ears off anyhow so i dont understand wtf its all about, geale dont have Mundine like Mundine so whats sam doing?

Sorry but i lost all respect for sam when he fought Mundine 3 times, only doing so for the money, after being owned the entire fight and knocked out in a devistating fashion a 3rd rematch wasnt needed, funny how some jackasses didnt say boo about it yet the same ones cry about oganov wanting to rematch Pitt. Big contrast between the two fights, one bloke was put on his ass multiple times whilst the other one was robbed.

Soliman should just earn the mandatory shot like everyone else does.
TCboxa is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum