Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: What was your favorite episode of Roy Jones Shattered Glass?
Antonio Tarver 75 45.73%
Glen Johnson 53 32.32%
Danny Green 16 9.76%
Denis Lebedev 20 12.20%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-23-2012, 02:41 PM   #1
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Your Favorite Roy Jones Glass Shattering?

We all know that watching Roid Jones Jr. get brutally and embarrassingly KOed is one of the high points in being a boxing fan but which specific episode of Shattered Glass was the best to you?

For me, it has to be the vicious Glen Johnson KO because not only was Roid doing the curly toes for nearly ten minutes but the KO was applied by a feather fisted fighter therefore proving for all the naysayers that Jones has no Chin. None. I have the Lebedev KO a close second, however, because the way he faceplanted in that one was hilarious.
MetalMandible is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2012, 02:45 PM   #2
james!
CounterPuncher
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 519
Default Re: Your Favorite Roy Jones Glass Shattering?

dumb thread
james! is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2012, 02:47 PM   #3
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by james! View Post
dumb thread
Why because it concerns your hero having a Glass Jaw or because someone has a different opinion than you ON A DISCUSSION BOARD?

Get over yourself. This is ESB and we discuss Chins here. As long as Zakman, Rico, Alien, GlassJaw***ist, and I are on this forum they will continue to be discussed. Glass Jaws Exist in Boxing. Get over it nuthugger.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:50 PM   #4
james!
CounterPuncher
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 519

Not a RJJ fan atall? Just think its a dumb thread. You can have your opinion ON A "DISCUSSION BOARD" I just gave you mine, cant have it both ways.
james! is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2012, 02:54 PM   #5
Rico Spadafora
Best Chin On ESB
East Side VIP

vCash: 1158

has to be the Johnson KO he got obliterated by a feather fisted Johnson. Jones was out cold.

Tarver knocked the slobber out of his mouth too.
Rico Spadafora is online now  Top
Old 01-23-2012, 02:55 PM   #6
Antigoon
Journeyman

vCash: 736

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMandible View Post
We all know that watching Roid Jones Jr. get brutally and embarrassingly KOed is one of the high points in being a boxing fan.
Is it? I've got a different idea of what a boxing fan is. But no doubt you'll throw some insults around and still think you're on a roll with your copycat chinchecker gimmick. Sad
Antigoon is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2012, 02:56 PM   #7
timeout
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 415

it has to be glenn johnson.

The way he folded like a deckchair is beyond funny.
timeout is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2012, 02:56 PM   #8
Wisdom
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Not a RJJ fan atall? Just think its a dumb thread. You can have your opinion ON A "DISCUSSION BOARD" I just gave you mine, cant have it both ways.
This

The OP has an obvious chip on his shoulder and is looking for confrontation
Wisdom is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2012, 02:56 PM   #9
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

Quote:

If it is stupid why did you waste your time coming in here and contributing nothing to the discussion? I do not like discussing P4P or any other sort of rankings topic, therefore I do not enter threads concerning those things. If you do not beleive in the irrefutable existence of Glass Jaws or you simply do not like discussing them, you don't have to come in here. Glass Jaws Exist in Boxing and if you do not accept this it is probably because you or one of your heroes has one.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:57 PM   #10
Snakefist
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

On ignore list. While RJJ has a glass jaw, he is an ATG and a old man, you should show him more respect than that, considering all that he gave to the sport.
Snakefist is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2012, 03:01 PM   #11
Rudyard
**** How You Feel!! HOE!
East Side VIP

vCash: 160

It never cease to amaze me how we have dudes that just sit their sloppy ass behind the safety of their computer and talks about a pro fighter like their an all time great!

Glad more and more people are calling these so called glass jaw experts out!
Rudyard is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2012, 03:10 PM   #12
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Spadafora View Post
has to be the Johnson KO he got obliterated by a feather fisted Johnson. Jones was out cold.

Tarver knocked the slobber out of his mouth too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timeout View Post
it has to be glenn johnson.

The way he folded like a deckchair is beyond funny.
So far among people who posted WHY they picked what they picked on the poll his destruction at the pillow hands of Glen Johnson is a runaway favorite!

That is indeed my favorite for the sheer violence, the fact that he was in a mini-coma for nearly ten minutes, and that a feather fisted fighter like Johnson was able to do this to him. Also, the comedy factor of seeing him fold like an accordion is important, as well. On that note, however, watching him faceplant against Lebedev was hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakefist View Post
On ignore list. While RJJ has a glass jaw, he is an ATG and a old man, you should show him more respect than that, considering all that he gave to the sport.
What did he give the sport? A decade of cherrypicking alphabet titles against favorable match-ups? Failing to make the best fights of the '90s against that generation's biggest power punchers by pricing himself out of those bouts, refusing to travel abroad, and outright ducking them? Oh wait, it must be the sublime skill and bravery he showed in taking on feather fisted John Ruiz, who is a sloth and one of the biggest slobs and disgraces ever to stink up the HW division, only to leave the division without facing his mandatory (Dr. Klitschko) and getting his Glass Shattered violently after running back to LHW.

Roid is one of the most overrated fighters of all-time and that is fact. It is not up for debate and people who were actually old enough to watch Boxing in the '90s remember all of what is written above. He is a Glass Jawed Joke.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:17 PM   #13
Antigoon
Journeyman

vCash: 736

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMandible View Post
John Ruiz, who is a sloth and one of the biggest slobs and disgraces ever to stink up the HW division
In what way do you consider your choice of words "discussion"? Let's be honest here...
Antigoon is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2012, 03:23 PM   #14
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antigoon View Post
In what way do you consider your choice of words "discussion"? Let's be honest here...
Discussion, noun

1. The action or process of talking about something, typically in order to reach a decision or to exchange ideas.
2. A conversation or debate about a certain topic.

My choice of words has absolutely nothing to do with whether there is a discussion or not. I have stated my opinion on which embarrassing KO of Glass Jaw Roy was most entertaining to me, others have done the same, and I have also posted my opinion on what I feel was a farce of a career. If you care to refute any of these points or take part in the conversation as the thread was intended you can feel free to do so but complaining that I called Ruiz a fat slob and a boring disgrace furthers this conversation in no conceivable way.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:28 PM   #15
motownsiu
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

if i had to choose it would be johsnson not because he was out cold. that was the worst part. but it finally gave johnson the chance to make a few nice paydays and not be under radar and if any fighter deserved to get a few nice paydays it's johnson.
motownsiu is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum