Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: What was your favorite episode of Roy Jones Shattered Glass?
Antonio Tarver 75 45.45%
Glen Johnson 54 32.73%
Danny Green 16 9.70%
Denis Lebedev 20 12.12%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-23-2012, 03:35 PM   #16
MURK20
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Your Favorite Roy Jones Glass Shattering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakefist View Post
On ignore list. While RJJ has a glass jaw, he is an ATG and a old man, you should show him more respect than that, considering all that he gave to the sport.

The TS is an ignorant dumb****.
MURK20 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2012, 03:41 PM   #17
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by MURK20 View Post
The TS is an ignorant dumb****.
I have forgotten more about boxing than you ever knew and you won't find one statement in this thread that can be proven as factually wrong.

It is fact that Roid has one of the worst Glass Jaws of all-time.

It is fact that Roid was a cherrypicker who collected worthless trinket belts and never beat a unified, undisputed, or lineal champion.

It is fact that Roid's stint at HW was a joke designed to grab one more meaningless belt from the absolute worst fighter in the division at the time and one that I might add could not punch his way out of a wet paper sack.

It is fact that Roid ran from HW to avoid getting his Glass Shattered by someone who could actually punch and wouldn't jab and grab like his handpicked opponent Ruiz and in doing so he got humiliated worse by average and subpar punchers at LHW.

He is an absolute disgrace but I hope he fights for another ten years because there are very few fighters out there with Chins as shitty as Jones' and who get KOed in as beautiful fashion as he manages to.
MetalMandible is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2012, 03:42 PM   #18
banny
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Choke on a dick and die you cunt faced ****wit, hows that for discussion
banny is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2012, 03:42 PM   #19
DDDUUDDDEE
Undisputed Ambien (taker)
East Side Guru

Of all the chin checkers, you seem to be the biggest dick. At least Zakman and Rico show some humour (occasionally), Alien is a dick but he usually refrains from the whole glass jaw bullshit, at least lately. There seems to be some genuine malice in your posts though. You also try wwaaayyy too hard.
DDDUUDDDEE is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2012, 03:44 PM   #20
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by banny View Post
Choke on a dick and die you cunt faced ****wit, hows that for discussion
Are you mad about your Glass Jawed hero being a pitiful shell of a fighter who gets paid to have his Chin shattered brutally and embarrassingly by fighters who seem to get more and more mediocre?
Old 01-23-2012, 03:44 PM   #21
Antigoon
Journeyman

vCash: 736

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMandible View Post
Discussion, noun

1. The action or process of talking about something, typically in order to reach a decision or to exchange ideas.
2. A conversation or debate about a certain topic.

My choice of words has absolutely nothing to do with whether there is a discussion or not. I have stated my opinion on which embarrassing KO of Glass Jaw Roy was most entertaining to me, others have done the same, and I have also posted my opinion on what I feel was a farce of a career. If you care to refute any of these points or take part in the conversation as the thread was intended you can feel free to do so but complaining that I called Ruiz a fat slob and a boring disgrace furthers this conversation in no conceivable way.

That's a lot better, thank you

Now, as to why I reacted, there is a reason he was one the best an most exciting fighters of the 90's, if he'd retired at age 35 we'd never be having this "glass jaw" discussion. And whatever flaws you might see in his resumé, there is no denying that he was a helluva entertaining fighter with some decent names on that "shaky resumé" aswell.

Ofcourse this is only a "different kind of boxing fan" opinion. I'll leave you to it now
Antigoon is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2012, 03:45 PM   #22
banny
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Are you mad about your Glass Jawed hero being a pitiful shell of a fighter who gets paid to have his Chin shattered brutally and embarrassingly by fighters who seem to get more and more mediocre?
roy jones can get ****ed too, put that in your pipe and smoke it you twat featured ass ranger
banny is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2012, 03:49 PM   #23
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

These one trick pony's are nothing but trolls. It would be different if they were at lease clever, witty, or funny. But they aren't. They post this stuff, then congradulate one another and defend one another vicously. Pretty sad.

All these UKunts do is further the stereotype if the arrogant, British snob. And they probably wonder why they are seen or portrayed that way in moves. These twats are better left for the ignore. They really offer nothing.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2012, 03:55 PM   #24
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antigoon View Post
That's a lot better, thank you

Now, as to why I reacted, there is a reason he was one the best an most exciting fighters of the 90's, if he'd retired at age 35 we'd never be having this "glass jaw" discussion. And whatever flaws you might see in his resumé, there is no denying that he was a helluva entertaining fighter with some decent names on that "shaky resumé" aswell.

Ofcourse this is only a "different kind of boxing fan" opinion. I'll leave you to it now
I have never said that he was not exciting or not an extremely skilled fighter. I have, however, always thought that he had a terrible Chin and that he is judged more by the potential he had than the concrete proof of a resume filled with top fighters. Roid made his name off of beating up cabbies and off-duty police officers and picking favorable match-ups to pick up an impressive looking assortment of belts and yet people, mostly those who don't remember the '90s, behave as if this drug cheating cherrypicker was literally unbeatable until he "had to cut 25 lbs of muscle" (also a Jones myth and excuse perpetuated by he and his fanboys).

Exciting? Yes.

Top 10 ATG? Not a chance.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:56 PM   #25
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut View Post
These one trick pony's are nothing but trolls. It would be different if they were at lease clever, witty, or funny. But they aren't. They post this stuff, then congradulate one another and defend one another vicously. Pretty sad.

All these UKunts do is further the stereotype if the arrogant, British snob. And they probably wonder why they are seen or portrayed that way in moves. These twats are better left for the ignore. They really offer nothing.
You obviously can't read very well, uttercunt, because three of us aren't British and actually spend a lot of time pointing out the irrefutable fact that British fighters have the most shitty Chins in the world per capita.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:57 PM   #26
Samurai's Slice
ESB Legend
East Side Guru

Location: Follow my blog, Boxing Legends on Facebook for the most up to date boxing news!
vCash: 163

STFU! He was Shot in all of them fights. You must not have seen a prime RJJ. Chincheckers are just a bunch of pricks who " don't know shit about boxing "
Samurai's Slice is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2012, 03:57 PM   #27
TG1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I have forgotten more about boxing than you ever knew and you won't find one statement in this thread that can be proven as factually wrong.

It is fact that Roid has one of the worst Glass Jaws of all-time.

It is fact that Roid was a cherrypicker who collected worthless trinket belts and never beat a unified, undisputed, or lineal champion.

It is fact that Roid's stint at HW was a joke designed to grab one more meaningless belt from the absolute worst fighter in the division at the time and one that I might add could not punch his way out of a wet paper sack.

It is fact that Roid ran from HW to avoid getting his Glass Shattered by someone who could actually punch and wouldn't jab and grab like his handpicked opponent Ruiz and in doing so he got humiliated worse by average and subpar punchers at LHW.

He is an absolute disgrace but I hope he fights for another ten years because there are very few fighters out there with Chins as shitty as Jones' and who get KOed in as beautiful fashion as he manages to.
If you understood the sport then you wouldn't create threads like this, pal.

At the end of the day, Jones is a tragic case because he had the potential to go down as one of the greatest fighters who ever lived and instead he'll be remembered for not being being able to quit.

His record and accomplishments are slightly tarnished because of his ego but he's still a great fighter and a forum geek (like yourself) can't change that, no matter how hard you try.

Sugar Ray Robinson fought until he was in his mid-forties and he ended up a broken down pug and paranoid wreck. Do you find that funny? Would you make jokes about that? What about Ali, ridden with Parkinson's, throwing in slow motion against Berbick! Hahahahaha Hilarious!

Bottom line, would you walk up to Roy Jones and belittle him? Nope, you would probably pull out a notebook and ask for an autograph!

Look in the mirror and stop being such a prick!
TG1 is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2012, 04:03 PM   #28
Samurai's Slice
ESB Legend
East Side Guru

Location: Follow my blog, Boxing Legends on Facebook for the most up to date boxing news!
vCash: 163

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG1 View Post

At the end of the day, Jones is a tragic case because he had the potential to go down as one of the greatest fighters who ever lived and instead he'll be remembered for not being being able to quit.

His record and accomplishments are slightly tarnished because of his ego but he's still a great fighter and a forum geek (like yourself) can't change that, no matter how hard you try.

Sugar Ray Robinson fought until he was in his mid-forties and he ended up a broken down pug and paranoid wreck. Do you find that funny? Would you make jokes about that? What about Ali, ridden with Parkinson's, throwing in slow motion against Berbick! Hahahahaha Hilarious!

Bottom line, would you walk up to Roy Jones and belittle him? Nope, you would probably pull out a notebook and ask for an autograph!

Perfectly worded and I agree with every little bit. But odds are he'll just respond with a dumb comment.
Samurai's Slice is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2012, 04:08 PM   #29
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai's Slice View Post
STFU! He was Shot in all of them fights. You must not have seen a prime RJJ. Chincheckers are just a bunch of pricks who " don't know shit about boxing "
That's a typical response from a Glass Jaw Roy fanboy who refuses to acknowledge the irrefutable facts I have posted above about his farce of a career.

That whole spiel about him magically becoming shot after lifting Ruiz's title and "dropping 25 lbs of solid muscle" is a bunch of bullshit that can be easily proven as such. Roy weighed 193 for the Ruiz fight. That is 7 lbs above what he typically weighed on fight night at LHW, not 25 lbs of muscle as he and his deluded band of nuthuggers would have you believe. He was not shot against Tarver, he just had his Glass Jaw hit solidly by a good Southpaw who knocked him cold. There is nothing more to it than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG1 View Post

I've already listed above why he would never be considered one of the greatest fighters to ever live and it's because he ducked the biggest fights of the '90s that should have been made to cement his legacy. Instead his resume says Toney, Hopkins, Ruiz, and that's it. That is not the stuff of legends and Top 10 ATGs.

SRR did not spend the latter part of his career getting embarrassingly KOed and neither did Ali. Why? Because they were Iron-Chinned Warriors who didn't get put out regardless of the abuse they were taking. At least you Royboys won't have to worry about that happening to your idol because with his abysmal Glass Jaw he goes out so quickly that there likely isn't a lot of permanent damage being done.

Y'all Musta Forgot (Roid's Got a Glass Jaw)!
Old 01-23-2012, 04:09 PM   #30
TG1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai's Slice View Post
Perfectly worded and I agree with every little bit. But odds are he'll just respond with a dumb comment.
Yeah I've encountered loads of these glass jaw boys, mate!

"I know more than you!" "It's irrefutable!" "My vcash!" Bla Bla Bla

They talk shit and just need laid! You tell them you were at a fight and they want photographic evidence and shit

I'm waiting on being called egg head, give it five minutes!
TG1 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum