Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 01-24-2012, 11:12 PM   #31
Sawyers
Journeyman

vCash: 500
Default Re: Who is our greatest?

Mundine will be included in the world boxing hall of fame when he wins his third weight crown in divisions going down? Shows how much you know. How many hall of fames is Mrs. Shooter in for going down?
Sawyers is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2012, 11:50 PM   #32
aussie opinion
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 925

1)les Darcy,2) lionel rose/young griffo 3)Dave sands 4) Jeff Harding 5)jimmy curruthers ....special mentions Tony mundane, Danny green, Anthony mundane
aussie opinion is offline  Top
Old 01-25-2012, 01:01 AM   #33
stewy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight Shoota View Post
Maybe your right..so ill ask you...
Green - 3 time world champ - do we have any other cruiserweight with that feat?
Mundine - 3 time world champ -any other supermiddle with that feat?
Geale - 2 time world champ - any other middle sone what he has?

AND YES weather you like it or not..they are world champs...I dont care which fighter from 1927 fought for the commonwealth titile 10 times and won the aussie title 9 times...a world champion is a world champion
that's where your ignorance shines through

blokes like Lionel Rose and Tony Mundine were world champs when there were only about 8 divisions and 1 champ per division
these days there are more than 10 so-called world champs per division which is why boxing is dying a slow death
stewy is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2012, 06:08 AM   #34
Straight Shoota
Contender
ESB Senior Member

[quote=Sawyers;11889468]Mundine will be included in the world boxing hall of fame when he wins his third weight crown in divisions going down? Shows how much you know. How many hall of fames is Mrs. Shooter in for going down?[/quote/]
So your telling me...a fighter who achieves a feat that no other in history has been able to do,especially a feat invloving world titles and divisions..will not have a chance of being a hall of famer?IDIOOOOOTTTTTTT
Straight Shoota is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2012, 06:10 AM   #35
Straight Shoota
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewy View Post

blokes like Lionel Rose and Tony Mundine were world champs when there were only about 8 divisions and 1 champ per division
these days there are more than 10 so-called world champs per division which is why boxing is dying a slow death
No thats where your not living in the present times buddy..
thats the way boxing was back then,thats the way it is today..accept it mate.
A fighter who has a world title on their resume is higher rated then a fighter with national honors..weather you like it or not.past present or future.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:17 AM   #36
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:

A fighter who has a world title on their resume is higher rated then a fighter with national honors..weather you like it or not.past present or future.
In most cases that principal does apply. But there are certainly exceptions and only people who don't know what they are talking about would apply that principal in all cases.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:24 AM   #37
Straight Shoota
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spider View Post
In most cases that principal does apply. But there are certainly exceptions and only people who don't know what they are talking about would apply that principal in all cases.
no no..dont get me wrong read my previous posts..I completely understand AND agree,back when,boxing was a different storie,a 'world champ was a world champ.National titles had great meaning..mate i know all about it..but my point is,the word greatest means exactly that..not 'greatest boxer from the 1900's'.thats the point im trying to get across,and obviously the older fighters would be at a great disadvantage as their were no more then 1-3 world titles depending on the era.But im talking in general..all generations..and unfortunately the newer generation has a advantage,having more chances at more titles
Old 01-27-2012, 06:26 AM   #38
old man
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Sorry SS but you are as wrong as can be on that.....
old man is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2012, 06:32 AM   #39
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
no no..dont get me wrong read my previous posts..I completely understand AND agree,back when,boxing was a different storie,a 'world champ was a world champ.National titles had great meaning..mate i know all about it..but my point is,the word greatest means exactly that..not 'greatest boxer from the 1900's'.thats the point im trying to get across,and obviously the older fighters would be at a great disadvantage as their were no more then 1-3 world titles depending on the era.But im talking in general..all generations..and unfortunately the newer generation has a advantage,having more chances at more titles
We've got a list of guys holding or having held world titles recently who wouldn't be fit to tie the shoelaces of national titleholders from days gone by.

How would you compare Danny Price and Peter Brennan to Tony Mundine and Troy Waters just to kick things off?
Old 01-27-2012, 06:36 AM   #40
perfect jet
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewy View Post

What evidence do you have that boxing is dying a slow death? If your are going to point towards mma, dont bother...it does nothing for your argument. Boxing is doing fine, despite the shonks in it doing everything for personal gain.
perfect jet is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2012, 06:36 AM   #41
old man
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Dib to Darcy
old man is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2012, 06:37 AM   #42
Straight Shoota
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spider View Post
We've got a list of guys holding or having held world titles recently who wouldn't be fit to tie the shoelaces of national titleholders from days gone by.

How would you compare Danny Price and Peter Brennan to Tony Mundine and Troy Waters just to kick things off?
again mate...read my previous post...where I menshioned 3 fighters and 3 fighters only..who have held legit world titles.Mundine(wba),green(wbc) and geale(ibf)..I also stated in that previous post..guys like Soliman,taylor,waters,thornberyy etc etc guys who have held the bogus belts are not whom I talking about..obviously they are not on the same level as the Rose,Mundine Sr,Elis etc ..All I menshioned was Mundine Green Geale.Thats boys and girls is all.I did not menshion ANYYYYY aussie fighter who has held a lesser organisational title AT ALL.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:37 AM   #43
Straight Shoota
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by old man View Post
Sorry SS but you are as wrong as can be on that.....
I get ya mate but I dont think my point about it has been understood.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:42 AM   #44
old man
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
No thats where your not living in the present times buddy..
thats the way boxing was back then,thats the way it is today..accept it mate.

How can this be misconstrued.
old man is offline  Top
Old 01-27-2012, 06:42 AM   #45
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
again mate...read my previous post...where I menshioned 3 fighters and 3 fighters only..who have held legit world titles.Mundine(wba),green(wbc) and geale(ibf)..I also stated in that previous post..guys like Soliman,taylor,waters,thornberyy etc etc guys who have held the bogus belts are not whom I talking about..obviously they are not on the same level as the Rose,Mundine Sr,Elis etc ..All I menshioned was Mundine Green Geale.Thats boys and girls is all.I did not menshion ANYYYYY aussie fighter who has held a lesser organisational title AT ALL.
I'm trying to get your meaning but it's a challenge.

Are you saying that Anthony Mundine, Danny Green and Daniel Geale are better than all our national titleholders who never won world titles?

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum