Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 01-28-2012, 05:25 AM   #61
The Spider

vCash:
Default Re: Who is our greatest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugger View Post

i can certainly see in a marketing sense the importance of the term "world champion". But if we take away all the titles, all the belts, all the medals and all the hype, it basically comes down to who they fought and how they performed.

Even in defeat boxers can stand tall, if someone put an opinion to me that Katsidis' effort against Marquez was as impressive as Danny's KO of RJJ, then you know what? i probobly wouldnt argue against that.

Some guys never get their chance, some are avoided like the plague, some had short primes and some were just never going to make it. It's easy to look at a label and take it on face value, but if you dig a little deeper im sure you'll see that there are plenty of boxers internationally that have achieved more than others that have gone on to the title of world champion.
Bingo
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2012, 08:31 AM   #62
ozziebattler
Shadow Boxer
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight Shoota View Post
Maybe your right..so ill ask you...
Green - 3 time world champ - do we have any other cruiserweight with that feat?
Mundine - 3 time world champ -any other supermiddle with that feat?
Geale - 2 time world champ - any other middle sone what he has?

AND YES weather you like it or not..they are world champs...I dont care which fighter from 1927 fought for the commonwealth titile 10 times and won the aussie title 9 times...a world champion is a world champion

Having a belt with CHAMPION written on it these days mean shit.. Mundine and green r multiple world champions but lets be honest wouldnt of even got a belt anywhere before 1995ish..
ozziebattler is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2012, 03:08 PM   #63
andoshow
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozziebattler View Post
Having a belt with CHAMPION written on it these days mean shit.. Mundine and green r multiple world champions but lets be honest wouldnt of even got a belt anywhere before 1995ish..
Argee 100%,they hand titles out now like a pedofile hands lollys out at a childrens playground.....
andoshow is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2012, 10:26 PM   #64
ozziebattler
Shadow Boxer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by andoshow View Post
Argee 100%,they hand titles out now like a pedofile hands lollys out at a childrens playground.....
Mate its disgusting...How the **** can there be 3-4world champs in every division..And they rarely fight eachother..
ozziebattler is offline  Top
Old 01-28-2012, 10:57 PM   #65
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

This Straight Shoota moron has the mentality of a bogan casual fan/league supporter. The first boxing fight he ever watched was probably Mundine-Gerard Zohs.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2012, 01:00 AM   #66
Straight Shoota
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugger View Post
I can understand your line of thought mate, in fact i think it's a common one to an extent and i can certainly see in a marketing sense the importance of the term "world champion". But if we take away all the titles, all the belts, all the medals and all the hype, it basically comes down to who they fought and how they performed.

Even in defeat boxers can stand tall, if someone put an opinion to me that Katsidis' effort against Marquez was as impressive as Danny's KO of RJJ, then you know what? i probobly wouldnt argue against that.

Some guys never get their chance, some are avoided like the plague, some had short primes and some were just never going to make it. It's easy to look at a label and take it on face value, but if you dig a little deeper im sure you'll see that there are plenty of boxers internationally that have achieved more than others that have gone on to the title of world champion.
Totally agree..but I said "on their resume'' which means thats all im talking about..their fighting resume n what they achieved..
Straight Shoota is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2012, 01:08 AM   #67
Straight Shoota
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis75 View Post
This Straight Shoota moron has the mentality of a bogan casual fan/league supporter. The first boxing fight he ever watched was probably Mundine-Gerard Zohs.
Again ill ask you..WTF do u know about boxing?..have you been in the ring? trained in the gym? understand what the sport of boxing is about?..been around promotions etc??
You neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr talk about boxing or anything in it..every single one of your posts consist of bagging a fighter or agruing with another poster.."that guys a bum".."calling him a bum is a compliment".."he fights cabi's" the list goes on..but when the **** do you talk BOXING? like the style of fighter,a boxers/trainer abilities,the money/promotions aspect of it? YOU DONT..why you dont..is because you dont know shit..
and your reply to this comment would be something like.."oh and what do you know dumbo?".."i know you are but what am i".." you think u know it all"..
again without a answer to the actual question...
Old 01-29-2012, 01:10 AM   #68
Straight Shoota
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andoshow View Post
mate iv said it a good 30 times now...Im talking about the WBC WBA and IBF...no other bullshit titles..other then them three...these three have been around the longest and are the most legit.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:11 AM   #69
Straight Shoota
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozziebattler View Post
I agree 100%...but the fact remains,when they retire they are going to go down as "multple world champions" when though I know its bullshit..they will.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:13 AM   #70
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Again ill ask you..WTF do u know about boxing?..have you been in the ring? trained in the gym? understand what the sport of boxing is about?..been around promotions etc??
You neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr talk about boxing or anything in it..every single one of your posts consist of bagging a fighter or agruing with another poster.."that guys a bum".."calling him a bum is a compliment".."he fights cabi's" the list goes on..but when the **** do you talk BOXING? like the style of fighter,a boxers/trainer abilities,the money/promotions aspect of it? YOU DONT..why you dont..is because you dont know shit..
and your reply to this comment would be something like.."oh and what do you know dumbo?".."i know you are but what am i".." you think u know it all"..
You consider Mundine and Green both 3 weight world champions.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:27 AM   #71
Straight Shoota
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis75 View Post
You consider Mundine and Green both 3 weight world champions.
Again you prove my point..You did not,can not and will not answer my post lol..proves what yo know mate
oh no no no no no..a idiot like you would see it that way..read what I write carefully..They WILL GO DOWN AS WORLD CHAMPIONS..whether you,me,him,her or whomever likes it or not..even though I KNOW THERE NOT,NOT WORTHY,HAVE NOT BEATEN CREDIBLE OPPONENTS TO WIN THEM "TITLES" etc..Im well aware of that but the FACT is,they go down in the history books as "world champions"...did I break it down clear enough for you idiot?
Old 01-29-2012, 01:35 AM   #72
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Again you prove my point..You did not,can not and will not answer my post lol..proves what yo know mate
oh no no no no no..a idiot like you would see it that way..read what I write carefully..They WILL GO DOWN AS WORLD CHAMPIONS..whether you,me,him,her or whomever likes it or not..even though I KNOW THERE NOT,NOT WORTHY,HAVE NOT BEATEN CREDIBLE OPPONENTS TO WIN THEM "TITLES" etc..Im well aware of that but the FACT is,they go down in the history books as "world champions"...did I break it down clear enough for you idiot?
Old 01-29-2012, 02:15 AM   #73
Rise Above
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 210

Quote:

I called you out earlier in this thread but I completely agree with you here. I dont think Ive seen Francis post anything other than trash talk.
Rise Above is offline  Top
Old 01-29-2012, 06:27 AM   #74
Max Power
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Going by Straight Shoota's logic, my old man is the best father that ever lived.

After all, he has 6 "World's #1 Dad" coffee mugs
Max Power is offline  Top
Old 01-30-2012, 12:01 AM   #75
Sawyers
Journeyman

SS, you doing so much to twist up your rubbish now. First you play down the accomplishments of the very best fighters this country had in the hardest days. You said you dont care how many australian titles and commonwealth titles they had, cos a world title is a world title and any jerk with a world title is so much better. Your trying to make some stupid excuses now.
Just face the facts. Green, Mundine and Geale have 2 high rated titles between them. IBO is poorly rated. Interim belts is even poorer. Geale has the IBF and sits on top of the best that Mundine or Green won. Tony Mundine did more than any of them.
Sawyers is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum