Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2012, 04:30 AM   #16
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,015
vCash: 765
Default Re: Danny Williams: Aussie Basher

Quote:
Originally Posted by wide_open_road View Post
nahh, pretty sure he's from Aukland bro

only kiwis would be stupid enough to box, oh, them & people from third world countries like Britain, Mexico & the poor areas of the US

We in Australia arent in need of silly things like that so we just enjoy life & play fun sports, after all, theres no fun in boxing, surely even a goose like you knows that

I feel sorry for people who have to subject themselves to such brutal, dangerous pursuits for meagre profits, never the less i appreciate that they do risk life & limb to entertain us, i salute them

Australia GDP $924.84 Billion

Mexico GDP $1.04 Trillion

UK GDP $2.25 Trillion
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2012, 04:41 AM   #17
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,787
vCash: 187
Default Re: Danny Williams: Aussie Basher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl-hickey View Post
Australia GDP $924.84 Billion

Mexico GDP $1.04 Trillion

UK GDP $2.25 Trillion


I think you'll find Australia is at 1.237 trillion ahead of mexico, but i dont want to go into an economic argument, i have very little interest in economics beyond what i see & feel

If you think the average Briton lives a better life than the average Australian you're on drugs ( & you wouldnt have ****ed off to sheep shaggerville), every time i've been to England i've seen a decline that is alarming, its a veritable shithole, i look at where i live & shudder when i think of all those little shanty towns popping up in London & the North of England

With a booming economy & relatively small unemployment rate theres no need to box, to risk life & limb for little return, especially when big, fit blokes can make extremely good money working in mining or getting a trade, if we were to go through a downturn like britain is i'd expect desperate men to take desperate measures, thats always been the trend in the past, i'd expect no difference if hypothetically things got bad
wide_open_road is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 04:44 AM   #18
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,015
vCash: 765
Default Re: Danny Williams: Aussie Basher

Quote:
Originally Posted by wide_open_road View Post
I think you'll find Australia is at 1.237 trillion ahead of mexico, but i dont want to go into an economic argument, i have very little interest in economics beyond what i see & feel

If you think the average Briton lives a better life than the average Australian you're on drugs ( & you wouldnt have ****ed off to sheep shaggerville), every time i've been to England i've seen a decline that is alarming, its a veritable shithole, i look at where i live & shudder when i think of all those little shanty towns popping up in London & the North of England

With a booming economy & relatively small unemployment rate theres no need to box, to risk life & limb for little return, especially when big, fit blokes can make extremely good money working in mining or getting a trade, if we were to go through a downturn like britain is i'd expect desperate men to take desperate measures, thats always been the trend in the past, i'd expect no difference if hypothetically things got bad
To be fair with you I agree that standard of living in the UK has decreased especially in inner city areas, it's actually no laughing matter. But I moved here with my parents when I was a kid, I probably wouldnt have made the decision to leave had i grown up there, i mean just got to move to the countryside, theres plenty of nice places there.

I seen on tv though that some of the problems that the uk had in the last sort of 30 years are now begining to infect australia too, I hope for your sake the government sorts it out because it gets to a certain point and then it just cant be stopped from going downhill, everest style. If you go that route, there will be few places left where people who want to get on can live a decent life.
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 04:46 AM   #19
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,787
vCash: 187
Default Re: Danny Williams: Aussie Basher

List of countries by GDP (nominal) per capita

5.. Australia 66,984 US
15... US 48,147 US

22.. UK 39,604 US
wide_open_road is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 04:48 AM   #20
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,787
vCash: 187
Default Re: Danny Williams: Aussie Basher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl-hickey View Post
To be fair with you I agree that standard of living in the UK has decreased especially in inner city areas, it's actually no laughing matter. But I moved here with my parents when I was a kid, I probably wouldnt have made the decision to leave had i grown up there, i mean just got to move to the countryside, theres plenty of nice places there.

I seen on tv though that some of the problems that the uk had in the last sort of 30 years are now begining to infect australia too, I hope for your sake the government sorts it out because it gets to a certain point and then it just cant be stopped from going downhill, everest style. If you go that route, there will be few places left where people who want to get on can live a decent life.


I assume when you say "those sorts of problems" you're talking about mass immigration & ensuing islamaphobia??

I dont see the broadening of nationalities etc as a problem, i dont see immigration as a problem, sure there are problems involved, but on the whole, it can be seen as a asset

Last edited by wide_open_road; 01-24-2012 at 05:03 AM.
wide_open_road is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 04:58 AM   #21
perfect jet
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,443
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Danny Williams: Aussie Basher

Jack smethurst ko d.williams.
perfect jet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:05 AM   #22
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,015
vCash: 765
Default Re: Danny Williams: Aussie Basher

Quote:
Originally Posted by wide_open_road View Post
I assume when you say "those sorts of problems" you're talking about mass immigration & ensuing islamaphobia??

I dont see the broadening of nationalities etc as a problem, i dont see immigration as a problem, sure there are problems involved, but on the whole, it can be seen as a assett

"Immigration" in and of itself isn't a problem.

The problem ensues when a disproportionate number of unskilled migrants are granted access to the country, the rules are a little too lax compared to how they should be.

what happens then is that the Right-Wing media pick very specific cases, something like "polish rapist gets free house while war veteran dies on the streets" or something of that ilk, this spurs racial tension, the migrants end up hating the natives and vice-versa, before you know it we have seggregated communities, and it all spirals out of control.

Theres blame on all sides, but it's beyond fixing now.

My personal opinion is that to reside in any country other than that of your birth or descent is a privellage and not a right, you need to prove yourelf an asset and not a drain on the economy, so if you have a required skill, are useful and want to work, then welcome aboard, simmilarly if you cannot stay in your own country for genuine reasons, then welcome to you too. But if you just fancy an easy life on benefits then you should be kicked out.
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:12 AM   #23
Rise Above
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 3,954
vCash: 210
Default Re: Danny Williams: Aussie Basher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl-hickey View Post
"Immigration" in and of itself isn't a problem.

The problem ensues when a disproportionate number of unskilled migrants are granted access to the country, the rules are a little too lax compared to how they should be.

what happens then is that the Right-Wing media pick very specific cases, something like "polish rapist gets free house while war veteran dies on the streets" or something of that ilk, this spurs racial tension, the migrants end up hating the natives and vice-versa, before you know it we have seggregated communities, and it all spirals out of control.

Theres blame on all sides, but it's beyond fixing now.

My personal opinion is that to reside in any country other than that of your birth or descent is a privellage and not a right, you need to prove yourelf an asset and not a drain on the economy, so if you have a required skill, are useful and want to work, then welcome aboard, simmilarly if you cannot stay in your own country for genuine reasons, then welcome to you too. But if you just fancy an easy life on benefits then you should be kicked out.
Good post mate. Completely agree, now why cant you be like this more often and give the madmanc alter ego a rest?
Rise Above is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:03 AM   #24
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,949
vCash: 2746
Default Re: Danny Williams: Aussie Basher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl-hickey View Post
To be fair with you I agree that standard of living in the UK has decreased especially in inner city areas, it's actually no laughing matter. But I moved here with my parents when I was a kid, I probably wouldnt have made the decision to leave had i grown up there, i mean just got to move to the countryside, theres plenty of nice places there.

I seen on tv though that some of the problems that the uk had in the last sort of 30 years are now begining to infect australia too, I hope for your sake the government sorts it out because it gets to a certain point and then it just cant be stopped from going downhill, everest style. If you go that route, there will be few places left where people who want to get on can live a decent life.
Ok **** sucker, log on as Madmanc and tell us his life story

Your a sad case, dont you have better things to do with your time, rather than continue this ongoing obsession of Australia?

No kiwi forums for a reason, your not worth the time and space
StiffJab is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:07 AM   #25
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,949
vCash: 2746
Default Re: Danny Williams: Aussie Basher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl-hickey View Post
"Immigration" in and of itself isn't a problem.

The problem ensues when a disproportionate number of unskilled migrants are granted access to the country, the rules are a little too lax compared to how they should be.

what happens then is that the Right-Wing media pick very specific cases, something like "polish rapist gets free house while war veteran dies on the streets" or something of that ilk, this spurs racial tension, the migrants end up hating the natives and vice-versa, before you know it we have seggregated communities, and it all spirals out of control.
Or more the ilk of say, Joe Calzaghe
StiffJab is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 03:09 PM   #26
WarpedDesign
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Maida Vale, London.
Posts: 1,033
vCash: 192
Default Re: Danny Williams: Aussie Basher

Quote:
Originally Posted by wide_open_road View Post
I think you'll find Australia is at 1.237 trillion ahead of mexico, but i dont want to go into an economic argument, i have very little interest in economics beyond what i see & feel

If you think the average Briton lives a better life than the average Australian you're on drugs ( & you wouldnt have ****ed off to sheep shaggerville), every time i've been to England i've seen a decline that is alarming, its a veritable shithole, i look at where i live & shudder when i think of all those little shanty towns popping up in London & the North of England

With a booming economy & relatively small unemployment rate theres no need to box, to risk life & limb for little return, especially when big, fit blokes can make extremely good money working in mining or getting a trade, if we were to go through a downturn like britain is i'd expect desperate men to take desperate measures, thats always been the trend in the past, i'd expect no difference if hypothetically things got bad
I think this post shows your lack of class and also proves you have an agenda. To describe the UK as a 'veritable shit hole' is patently ridiculous. There are so many beautiful spots all over Britain, both in the city and country, that your statement is preposterous. Huge parts of London, Devon, Cornwall, the Peak and Lake Districts, most of Wales, Edinburgh and the Highlands, and large swathes of Northern Ireland are renowned for their beauty. In fact most cities are surrounded by attractive countryside.

If you are calling the UK a shit-hole based on inner-city ghetto's then that is hardly representative of everywhere. Yes, there are areas of huge social deprivation in Britain, with the accompanying social ills of drugs, unemployment and crime that goes with it (the likes of which you probably don't see in Australia) but it does not characterise the UK anymore than it does the US. In fact, polarity in socio-economic groups is usually indicative of a large economy. So stop being so bigoted and bitter.
WarpedDesign is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 03:38 PM   #27
wide_open_road
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,787
vCash: 187
Default Re: Danny Williams: Aussie Basher

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpedDesign View Post
I think this post shows your lack of class and also proves you have an agenda. To describe the UK as a 'veritable shit hole' is patently ridiculous. There are so many beautiful spots all over Britain, both in the city and country, that your statement is preposterous. Huge parts of London, Devon, Cornwall, the Peak and Lake Districts, most of Wales, Edinburgh and the Highlands, and large swathes of Northern Ireland are renowned for their beauty. In fact most cities are surrounded by attractive countryside.

If you are calling the UK a shit-hole based on inner-city ghetto's then that is hardly representative of everywhere. Yes, there are areas of huge social deprivation in Britain, with the accompanying social ills of drugs, unemployment and crime that goes with it (the likes of which you probably don't see in Australia) but it does not characterise the UK anymore than it does the US. In fact, polarity in socio-economic groups is usually indicative of a large economy. So stop being so bigoted and bitter.





Read the whole post you blow hard

Britain is a third world country in comparison to Australia, cop on & get used to it


Of course I've an agenda, wind you lot up as best I can & educate you to the extent of your social & economic deprivation
wide_open_road is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 03:57 PM   #28
WarpedDesign
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Maida Vale, London.
Posts: 1,033
vCash: 192
Default Re: Danny Williams: Aussie Basher

Quote:
Originally Posted by wide_open_road View Post
Read the whole post you blow hard

Britain is a third world country in comparison to Australia, cop on & get used to it


Of course I've an agenda, wind you lot up as best I can & educate you to the extent of your social & economic deprivation
I read the whole post... did I miss something?

Even if what you say about Britain is true, what satisfaction do you get from winding people up about it? In another thread today you said you are over forty, FFS! That's pretty pathetic.

When I meet people from 'third-world' countries, I certainly take no satisfaction in pointing out there home is a shit-hole.
WarpedDesign is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 04:07 PM   #29
sallywinder
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,987
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Danny Williams: Aussie Basher

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpedDesign View Post
I think this post shows your lack of class and also proves you have an agenda. To describe the UK as a 'veritable shit hole' is patently ridiculous. There are so many beautiful spots all over Britain, both in the city and country, that your statement is preposterous. Huge parts of London, Devon, Cornwall, the Peak and Lake Districts, most of Wales, Edinburgh and the Highlands, and large swathes of Northern Ireland are renowned for their beauty. In fact most cities are surrounded by attractive countryside.

If you are calling the UK a shit-hole based on inner-city ghetto's then that is hardly representative of everywhere. Yes, there are areas of huge social deprivation in Britain, with the accompanying social ills of drugs, unemployment and crime that goes with it (the likes of which you probably don't see in Australia) but it does not characterise the UK anymore than it does the US. In fact, polarity in socio-economic groups is usually indicative of a large economy. So stop being so bigoted and bitter.

have a whinge, pommy...





.
sallywinder is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 04:32 PM   #30
Earl-hickey
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,015
vCash: 765
Default Re: Danny Williams: Aussie Basher

ypu aussies crack me up.
Earl-hickey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013