boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2007, 07:25 AM   #1
hopkinsfan07
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 963
vCash: 1305
Default Vitali Klitschko vs. Max Baer

who would take this one
hopkinsfan07 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2007, 08:02 AM   #2
Holmes' Jab
Master Jabber
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,552
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Vitali Klitschko vs. Max Baer

Hmm, tough one to call this.

Klitchko is the more skilled/technicial boxer, however Baer is amongst the hardest hitters in the history of the division and has the stronger chin. If Baer lands any accumulation of bombs, flush, Klitchko could well be on ***** street. I think Vitali would choose not to trade, stay on the outside using his jab to dictate the pace of the fight and would eventually outpoint Baer from long range. A Baer stoppage win isn't out of the question here.

Klitchko UD15 Baer
Holmes' Jab is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 08:56 AM   #3
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 14,882
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Vitali Klitschko vs. Max Baer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmes' Jab
Hmm, tough one to call this.

Klitchko is the more skilled/technicial boxer, however Baer is amongst the hardest hitters in the history of the division and has the stronger chin. If Baer lands any accumulation of bombs, flush, Klitchko could well be on ***** street. I think Vitali would choose not to trade, stay on the outside using his jab to dictate the pace of the fight and would eventually outpoint Baer from long range. A Baer stoppage win isn't out of the question here.

Klitchko UD15 Baer
Vitali would win. He's a much better boxer on offense and defense. Baer has next to no defense, and was a rather poor jabber. Baer was durable like Vitali was, but he appeared to lack heart / effort. Many fighters out pointed Baer. A Baer win on points seems like a long shot.

Both guys had great chins. If there's a knockout here, I think Vitali would be more likely to get it because he's the more active / accurate puncher.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 09:24 AM   #4
hopkinsfan07
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 963
vCash: 1305
Default Re: Vitali Klitschko vs. Max Baer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendoza
A Baer win on points seems like a long shot
he won 18 fights on points
hopkinsfan07 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 09:45 AM   #5
FlatNose
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,405
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Vitali Klitschko vs. Max Baer

Baer had better opposistion, more fights, more experience, plus he was the one and only heavyweight champ at the time.Vitali was a beltholder, never undisputed champ.I'm thinking Baer by decision or eye cut tko.
FlatNose is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 09:55 AM   #6
ChrisPontius
March 8th, 1971
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Holland
Posts: 9,693
vCash: 238
Default Re: Vitali Klitschko vs. Max Baer

Vitali is in another world skill-wise and was not fighting in the a cruiserweight division. Both have iron chins and a hard punch, i think it will go the distance with Vitali winning a comfortable decision.
ChrisPontius is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 10:10 AM   #7
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 14,882
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Vitali Klitschko vs. Max Baer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkinsfan07
he won 18 fights on points
And Baer lost 8 fights by decision to guys who would be lucky to win three rounds against Vitali. Vitali never lost or was close to losing a decision on points. If your pick is Baer by KO, ok. A pick of Baer winning on points is highly unlikely.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 10:54 AM   #8
Bad_Intentions
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Miami FL, USA
Posts: 3,688
vCash: 153
Default Re: Vitali Klitschko vs. Max Baer

great fight.

Max Baer would win a couple of rounds maybe 5 rounds..and then vitali will find a way to bring him out but max gets up (baer's chin is granite) maybe from multiple knockdowns the referee would stop the fight, victory will go for vitali..TKO probably in the 8th.
Bad_Intentions is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 12:02 PM   #9
Duodenum
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,803
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Vitali Klitschko vs. Max Baer

Max Baer demonstrated a fine hard jab against Schmeling. Early in the sensational first round of his bout with a peaking Joe Louis, he battered the Bomber along the ropes with wince inducing left hooks. Baer was also known for his body attack, especially his right to the ribs.

While I don't believe Max quite had Shavers type power in his monstrous right, what really set him apart from Earnie was his ability to take a punch, and the capacity to drown his opponents in deep water.

Today's modern and steroid inflated superheavyweights would have posed no problem for Baer with their size whatsoever. Maxie grew up and sparred with a brother virtually identical in stature to Carnera. While Buddy Baer never optimized the use of his jab, his reach did significantly exceed that of the Klitschko boys. Neither of them ever went beyond 12 rounds, while the Madcap One decisioned King Levinski over 20 rounds, went another 20 rounds with rugged Paulino Uzcudun, and decked Tommy Farr twice, in scoring a lopsided 15 round rematch verdict.

Finally, at certain times in his career, Maxie had a failproof motivation for winning, which I'll identify momentarily.

I have just viewed footage of Vitalis Klitty for the very first time, and after extremely careful ****ysis, have been able to formulate a logically concrete rationale for determining the winner of such a pairing with Einsteinian certainty.

Here it is:

If it looks like a dweeb, walks like a dweeb, talks like a dweeb, and boxes like a dweeb, it's a dweeb! (I know my own kind when I see them!)

Now isn't that a simple and elegant solution to this question. (And you all probably thought I was a superficial ignoramus!)

Ultimately, the victor will be the one who gets a night in bed with Mae West as his reward.

Max Baer TKO 14 Vitalis Klitty
Duodenum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 12:11 PM   #10
Holmes' Jab
Master Jabber
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,552
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Vitali Klitschko vs. Max Baer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duodenum
Max Baer demonstrated a fine hard jab against Schmeling. Early in the sensational first round of his bout with a peaking Joe Louis, he battered the Bomber along the ropes with wince inducing left hooks. Baer was also known for his body attack, especially his right to the ribs.

While I don't believe Max quite had Shavers type power in his monstrous right, what really set him apart from Earnie was his ability to take a punch, and the capacity to drown his opponents in deep water.

Today's modern and steroid inflated superheavyweights would have posed no problem for Baer with their size whatsoever. Maxie grew up and sparred with a brother virtually identical in stature to Carnera. While Buddy Baer never optimized the use of his jab, his reach did significantly exceed that of the Klitschko boys. Neither of them ever went beyond 12 rounds, while the Madcap One decisioned King Levinski over 20 rounds, went another 20 rounds with rugged Paulino Uzcudun, and decked Tommy Farr twice, in scoring a lopsided 15 round rematch verdict.

Finally, at certain times in his career, Maxie had a failproof motivation for winning, which I'll identify momentarily.

I have just viewed footage of Vitalis Klitty for the very first time, and after extremely careful ****ysis, have been able to formulate a logically concrete rationale for determining the winner of such a pairing with Einsteinian certainty.

Here it is:

If it looks like a dweeb, walks like a dweeb, talks like a dweeb, and boxes like a dweeb, it's a dweeb! (I know my own kind when I see them!)

Now isn't that a simple and elegant solution to this question. (And you all probably thought I was a superficial ignoramus!)

Ultimately, the victor will be the one who gets a night in bed with Mae West as his reward.

Max Baer TKO 14 Vitalis Klitty
Holmes' Jab is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 12:16 PM   #11
Ramon Rojo
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Finland
Posts: 312
vCash: 75
Default Re: Vitali Klitschko vs. Max Baer

It would be like V. Klitschko vs Sanders

Klitschko by TKO 6 - 10
Ramon Rojo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 12:46 PM   #12
Luigi1985
Cane Corso
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,326
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Vitali Klitschko vs. Max Baer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramon Rojo
It would be like V. Klitschko vs Sanders

Klitschko by TKO 6 - 10

Why do you compare Sanders with Baer? Totally different styles...
Luigi1985 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 01:03 PM   #13
Ramon Rojo
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Finland
Posts: 312
vCash: 75
Default Re: Vitali Klitschko vs. Max Baer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi1985
Why do you compare Sanders with Baer? Totally different styles...
I´m not.

But Sanders and Baer were both big punchers with mediocre skills and Vitali´s size will give him an edge.
Ramon Rojo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 01:06 PM   #14
Luigi1985
Cane Corso
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,326
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Vitali Klitschko vs. Max Baer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramon Rojo
I´m not.

But Sanders and Baer were both big punchers with mediocre skills and Vitali´s size will give him an edge.

Baer was twice the puncher Sanders was. And Baer had a big heart, good stamina when he was focused. Two things Sanders didn´t have...
Luigi1985 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 01:14 PM   #15
brooklyn1550
Roberto Duran
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 12,024
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Vitali Klitschko vs. Max Baer

Klitschko decision
brooklyn1550 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015