Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2012, 06:53 PM   #16
bettingman
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: @ your local TAB
Posts: 130
vCash: 500
Default Re: Austin Trout wants to take Mundine fight in Australia

Hey Trout had his chance and blew it. Demanding double his previous biggest payday. Now that the gravy train has passed it tough luck.
bettingman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2012, 06:58 PM   #17
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 10,162
vCash: 346
Default Re: Austin Trout wants to take Mundine fight in Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettingman View Post
Hey Trout had his chance and blew it. Demanding double his previous biggest payday. Now that the gravy train has passed it tough luck.
Yeah cause Cotto and CHavez are much cheaper options

Mundine is a cheap bastard, he dont even pay his undercard fighters, he gives them TICKET they must sell to his show to gets paid.

Truth is Mundine is scared to fight Trout. Why else talk it all up, get yourself into a mandatory position and do nothing with it. The sooner he announces his next opponent the better because when this opponent is not a bigger name than Trout all the Mundine ass lickers will finally realise that Mundine is a Fraud!
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:01 PM   #18
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 10,049
vCash: 75
Default Re: Austin Trout wants to take Mundine fight in Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight Shoota View Post
I just don't understand Mundines way of thinking this time around...Campains about making history and gets a Mandatory position for wba jr middleweight champion Trout..but wants to fight wbc middleweight champion Chavez Jr..when infact he could easily fight Geale for the IBF middleweight title in Oz and make good coin.???
Its just not making any sence at all.
He doesn't want to get beat up. The whole becoming mandatory so Trout doesn't get options was weird. I've seen the Lopez and LaPorto fights Trouts good but not great he should fight him. He knows he's done IMO.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:08 PM   #19
bettingman
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: @ your local TAB
Posts: 130
vCash: 500
Default Re: Austin Trout wants to take Mundine fight in Australia

Nasser is a tough negotiator, no doubt.

Boxers dont fight on Boxa undercards for the payday. It is for the exposure. The tickets are bonus. Where would Kats be if he didnt fight on Mundines undercard? At least 2 years behind careerwise I bet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
Yeah cause Cotto and CHavez are much cheaper options

Mundine is a cheap bastard, he dont even pay his undercard fighters, he gives them TICKET they must sell to his show to gets paid.
bettingman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:26 PM   #20
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 10,162
vCash: 346
Default Re: Austin Trout wants to take Mundine fight in Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettingman View Post
Nasser is a tough negotiator, no doubt.

Boxers dont fight on Boxa undercards for the payday. It is for the exposure. The tickets are bonus. Where would Kats be if he didnt fight on Mundines undercard? At least 2 years behind careerwise I bet.
Did you watch Katsidis telling everyone on Mundine undercard how he had to pay his opponent from his own pocket and didnt make a cent on the fight? he plead with australians to get behind him.. did it work?

He got his break in the UK, once the USA networks seen his fight against Earl. He didnt get any exposure on Mundines card which was in 2005, he fought Earl in 2007 his next three fights after Earl were all in USA. between 2007 and 2011 he only fought in Australia on one occasion.

So good for Mundine undercard exposure hey m8?

Mundines shows are profit based, costs to run a production include undercard fights, Mundine kills two birds with one stone by cutting costs and not paying the undercards, ensures tickets are sold by forcing the undercard fighters to put bums in seats so they get paid. Its exploitation of the sport and is not something to be commended.
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:29 PM   #21
TCboxa
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OLYMPUS
Posts: 10,162
vCash: 346
Default Re: Austin Trout wants to take Mundine fight in Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
He doesn't want to get beat up. The whole becoming mandatory so Trout doesn't get options was weird. I've seen the Lopez and LaPorto fights Trouts good but not great he should fight him. He knows he's done IMO.

Quote:
The Muhammad Ali Boxing Reform Act is a [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] enacted in the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] that provides for various legal protections to [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] as well as assisting states in regulating boxing as a [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. The legislation was enacted due to boxing's unique position in American sports, not having any organized [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] or rule-making body to ensure appropriate business practices, and due to the lack of protection offered to boxers from the various sanctioning bodies (e.g., the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], and others).
In general, the act restricts the types of [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] that a boxer may be required to sign in order to box at an event. The boxer cannot, for example, be required to give away future promotional rights as a requirement of competing in a fight that is a mandatory bout under the rules of a sanctioning organization. The act also requires sanctioning bodies to reveal to state commissions various information about matches that are held, fees charged to boxers for the sanctioning body to sanction a match, as well as any payment or compensation received from the body for affiliating itself with the promoter. It also requires promoters to disclose a large amount of the financial information about bouts to the state commissions, as well as to the boxers they promote.
So no more options and Mundine still dont wanna fight him! , no excuses left for Mundine anymore, he must produce a name bigger than Trout or the game is up!
TCboxa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:35 PM   #22
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 123,008
vCash: 35250
Default Re: Austin Trout wants to take Mundine fight in Australia

Not a dumb move on Trout's part really. Even if he gets robbed of his title, he'll still get paid better than he would here.

Flabbergasting that a talented kid maneuvered his way to a world championship and never managed to build the tiniest following or appear on American TV more than once or twice.

If Mundine lifts his title by way of controversial decision, what are Trout's chances of getting a rematch?
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:12 PM   #23
whopperdong
"sorry dan, im the man"
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Irnbru "just cuts" woman - "geale wins on points - sd"
Posts: 1,794
vCash: 397
Default Re: Austin Trout wants to take Mundine fight in Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
Not a dumb move on Trout's part really. Even if he gets robbed of his title, he'll still get paid better than he would here.

Flabbergasting that a talented kid maneuvered his way to a world championship and never managed to build the tiniest following or appear on American TV more than once or twice.

If Mundine lifts his title by way of controversial decision, what are Trout's chances of getting a rematch?
very slim.
whopperdong is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:19 PM   #24
The Spider
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Austin Trout wants to take Mundine fight in Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post

If Mundine lifts his title by way of controversial decision, what are Trout's chances of getting a rematch?
Zero. Ask Daniel Geale.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:14 PM   #25
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,949
vCash: 2746
Default Re: Austin Trout wants to take Mundine fight in Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spider View Post
Zero. Ask Daniel Geale.
StiffJab is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:47 PM   #26
Straight Shoota
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Back...Way Backkkkk
Posts: 1,097
vCash: 500
Default Re: Austin Trout wants to take Mundine fight in Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCboxa View Post
Did you watch Katsidis telling everyone on Mundine undercard how he had to pay his opponent from his own pocket and didnt make a cent on the fight? he plead with australians to get behind him.. did it work?

He got his break in the UK, once the USA networks seen his fight against Earl. He didnt get any exposure on Mundines card which was in 2005, he fought Earl in 2007 his next three fights after Earl were all in USA. between 2007 and 2011 he only fought in Australia on one occasion.

So good for Mundine undercard exposure hey m8?

Mundines shows are profit based, costs to run a production include undercard fights, Mundine kills two birds with one stone by cutting costs and not paying the undercards, ensures tickets are sold by forcing the undercard fighters to put bums in seats so they get paid. Its exploitation of the sport and is not something to be commended.
I remember that.Tc can you post up that vid by any chance?
Straight Shoota is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:56 PM   #27
sallywinder
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,987
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Austin Trout wants to take Mundine fight in Australia

hasnt fenech got mundine ko'd yet?

uh well. give him time...





.
sallywinder is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:05 PM   #28
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,949
vCash: 2746
Default Re: Austin Trout wants to take Mundine fight in Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight Shoota View Post
I remember that.Tc can you post up that vid by any chance?
Yeah Katz was drapped in the Aussie flag while addressing the crowd if i remeber correctly?

I remember seeing that and thinking, i'm going to be supporting mick in the future and will get to his shows when i can. I always pictued him as a top domestic fighter who entertains, never did i think he would be a regular on US TV and a big name world wide in the boxing cicrles.
StiffJab is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:39 PM   #29
thejokerswild
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,696
vCash: 75
Default Re: Austin Trout wants to take Mundine fight in Australia

Wish hed retire and fade into obscurity
thejokerswild is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:51 PM   #30
roscoe
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,438
vCash: 75
Default Re: Austin Trout wants to take Mundine fight in Australia

And the circus continues on.............mandy the cowardly lion.......if he only had a heart.
roscoe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013