Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 01-24-2013, 10:54 AM   #1
JohnH
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Mark deMori - On HBO or Showtime (Don King)

From his twitter just now..

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Don king promotions trying to get me on early march hbo or showtime they say. If not im fighting in germany in April.
JohnH is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2013, 02:07 PM   #2
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Mark deMori - On HBO or Showtime (Don King)

yeah, yeah, yeah......
swingin is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2013, 02:21 PM   #3
JohnH
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingin View Post
yeah, yeah, yeah......
Not a fan of his then?

To be honest I don't think may are...
JohnH is online now  Top
Old 01-24-2013, 03:05 PM   #4
bruiserh

vCash:

DKP promise the world and delivers nothing. This has been going on for so long, its hard to be interested in any of these announcements as its a case of I'll believe it when it happens for mine. DeMori is a good bloke whose made some bad career decisions. Like every other countries boxing fans, Aussie boxing fans just want to see their boxers tested. I believe Mark when he says that he wants that too but the current circumstances seem messed up. Who knows though, 2013 is another year.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:28 PM   #5
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

they cant put him in against a mug on HBO or SHOWTIME in the US. IF, demori steps up, he gets KTFO.

if they put him in with a world class fighter, the end will be near, or demori fakes an injury to get out of the fight....
swingin is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2013, 03:43 PM   #6
melbboy
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

Never happen, why now when DK should of done it ages ago while Demori was based in the States at the time.DK will put his priority fighters 1st who will get him the $$$$ who are either a World champ or who draws massive crowds.
melbboy is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2013, 04:32 PM   #7
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbboy View Post
Never happen, why now when DK should of done it ages ago while Demori was based in the States at the time.DK will put his priority fighters 1st who will get him the $$$$ who are either a World champ or who draws massive crowds.
demori would be looked at as just an opponent for king to use against a REAL good fighter on the way up. demori looks great on paper. 20 wins 18 by KO, one loss. king can sell that. it may have already started hence the interview on the front page of eastside...

so the ring announcer calls him a 20 win, 18 ko, 1 loss fighter, it sounds good when matched against an opponent with simmilar stats. the problem being, the other king fighter, will be a REAL fighter, with a list of good opposition. demori however is a padded record of novices and bums.

demori is going to get shafted. king is famous for it. king doesnt allow demori fight anone in the top 150. that lets demori pad his record, and gives king an opportunity to sell him when the time is right for a boxer he REALLY sees as a future champ.

when demori gets shocked when his opponent is named, look for demori to find a way out of it. faking injury, a contract dispute, etc.

the opponent will have a simmilar record. 20/0. anyone like to have a shot at who king has in mind?
swingin is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2013, 04:51 PM   #8
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict

vCash: 2746

It's the Samuel Peters senario all over again
StiffJab is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2013, 04:54 PM   #9
swingin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiffJab View Post
It's the Samuel Peters senario all over again
i think getting an interview is telling. he is getting his profile raised for a purpose. we know demori is a fraud. so does king. king will use demoris record as a selling point to build another fighters record.
swingin is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2013, 05:04 PM   #10
JohnH
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingin View Post
demori would be looked at as just an opponent for king to use against a REAL good fighter on the way up. demori looks great on paper. 20 wins 18 by KO, one loss. king can sell that. it may have already started hence the interview on the front page of eastside...

so the ring announcer calls him a 20 win, 18 ko, 1 loss fighter, it sounds good when matched against an opponent with simmilar stats. the problem being, the other king fighter, will be a REAL fighter, with a list of good opposition. demori however is a padded record of novices and bums.

demori is going to get shafted. king is famous for it. king doesnt allow demori fight anone in the top 150. that lets demori pad his record, and gives king an opportunity to sell him when the time is right for a boxer he REALLY sees as a future champ.

when demori gets shocked when his opponent is named, look for demori to find a way out of it. faking injury, a contract dispute, etc.

the opponent will have a simmilar record. 20/0. anyone like to have a shot at who king has in mind?
Good post.
JohnH is online now  Top
Old 01-24-2013, 05:29 PM   #11
JohnH
Contender
ESB Senior Member

From the main page...

You expressed an interest in fighting Deontay Wilder recently. Is this because you see him as being an ideal name to potentially add to your record in light of his growing potential, or do you see things that you believe you would be able to exploit, or both?

We both have nice records and need to break into the next level with a credible opponent. Our managers have spoken and while we are both happy for it to happen, the promoters are seemingly not at this stage.

Main Event mentioned you as a prospective opponent for Byrant Jennings towards the end of last year. Despite the fact it fell through, is this a fight you see happening at some point in the future?

They made an offer and Don King said he wanted me to fight Samuel Peter instead, so it was rejected. Neither fight happened, but luckily my team organised a bout with Damon Reed to ensure that I wasn’t left on the shelf again.

Wilder his next opponent? I wouldn't bet against it.
JohnH is online now  Top
Old 01-24-2013, 05:49 PM   #12
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnH View Post
From his twitter just now..

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]Don king promotions trying to get me on early march hbo or showtime they say. If not im fighting in germany in April.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2013, 05:57 PM   #13
Totalpac
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Yes it seems like the same ol story, which it is. But when people are always asking Mark, whats going on, when you fighting next etc etc, should he not tell people whats happening and just stay quiet?

DKP still staying in touch and not being silent is a good thing.

For once Sally I kind of agree with you, I think DKP might throw Mark in the deep end to. Mark has been waiting for his time for so many years now, he is ready. He will sink or swim, either way the crowd won't leave bored.
Totalpac is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2013, 06:10 PM   #14
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 10000

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnH View Post
Don king promotions

So Germany in April it is.
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Old 01-24-2013, 06:29 PM   #15
leftrip
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totalpac View Post
Yes it seems like the same ol story, which it is. But when people are always asking Mark, whats going on, when you fighting next etc etc, should he not tell people whats happening and just stay quiet?

DKP still staying in touch and not being silent is a good thing.

For once Sally I kind of agree with you, I think DKP might throw Mark in the deep end to. Mark has been waiting for his time for so many years now, he is ready. He will sink or swim, either way the crowd won't leave bored.
Who the **** is asking or cares?? You guys of MAD are posting this tripe thus initiating, we are only passing on our honest opinions
leftrip is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum