Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2008, 03:04 PM   #1
JERMZ BOXING
Mr. Know-it-all
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CALIFORNIA
Posts: 945
vCash: 1000
Default lol come one!! PBF in MMA?!?! this is a joke right???

....no I guess it isnt a joke...yeah i heard about this here and there... but I never thought that it was THAT serious...this is bullshit...but funny too...come on....why is he gonna **** up "art" by throwing mud all over it...his little turtle shell shoulder roll counterpunching is not gonna work as well in mma...haha...**** mma by the way, personally I rather watch a real GANG fight out here in my front yard with some real raw action...none of this groping and slapping bull shit...anyways...PBF is smallish and will get outwrestled, outbit, outslaped, outscratched and outwhatever these baboons do...If he gets beat da **** up, he cant really call himself undefeated in a weird way.... its like beethoven saying, you know what? Im gonna do a collaboration with Nelly... GARBAGE!!! floyd is good not great....he should leave comparasons to sugar and ali alone....shut up floyd, you aint going nowhere....take a break, wait for cotto to whoop odlh, comeback, beat cotto, beat one more big welt....THEN u can go and ruin a good thing...
JERMZ BOXING is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2008, 03:18 PM   #2
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,962
vCash: 103865
Default Re: lol come one!! PBF in MMA?!?! this is a joke right???

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERMZ BOXING
....no I guess it isnt a joke...yeah i heard about this here and there... but I never thought that it was THAT serious...this is bullshit...but funny too...come on....why is he gonna **** up "art" by throwing mud all over it...his little turtle shell shoulder roll counterpunching is not gonna work as well in mma...haha...**** mma by the way, personally I rather watch a real GANG fight out here in my front yard with some real raw action...none of this groping and slapping bull shit...anyways...PBF is smallish and will get outwrestled, outbit, outslaped, outscratched and outwhatever these baboons do...If he gets beat da **** up, he cant really call himself undefeated in a weird way.... its like beethoven saying, you know what? Im gonna do a collaboration with Nelly... GARBAGE!!! floyd is good not great....he should leave comparasons to sugar and ali alone....shut up floyd, you aint going nowhere....take a break, wait for cotto to whoop odlh, comeback, beat cotto, beat one more big welt....THEN u can go and ruin a good thing...
He is trying to get money. I think a lot people have been pitting him against MMA for the last two years and ready if Mayweather can learn some takedown defense and submission defense. He can be a serious player. MMA guys got god awful stand up game. Half of them can't even throw a str8 punch. Floyd will smoke anyone in MMA in stand up.
tliang1000 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 03:20 PM   #3
jc
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 6,536
vCash: 419
Default Re: lol come one!! PBF in MMA?!?! this is a joke right???

Who is he gona fight though, so guy no ones ever heard of?


One thing is for sure if he jumps in with a world class mma guy hell get battered.
jc is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 03:45 PM   #4
HauntingTheHoly
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,055
vCash: 1000
Default Re: lol come one!! PBF in MMA?!?! this is a joke right???

Quote:
Originally Posted by tliang1000
He is trying to get money. I think a lot people have been pitting him against MMA for the last two years and ready if Mayweather can learn some takedown defense and submission defense. He can be a serious player. MMA guys got god awful stand up game. Half of them can't even throw a str8 punch. Floyd will smoke anyone in MMA in stand up.
You think Floyd's opponents will be so daft that they won't realize it's not a good idea to stand and box with Floyd? Maybe he'll get lucky and the opponent won't know anything about Floyd's background. Lmfao.

Obviously Floyd won't have a chance to "box" anyone for a single second in MMA. And who wants to see Floyd in a wrestling match? Where's the appeal? It'd be like watching Tiger Woods try out for the NBA or someting, just total nonsense.
HauntingTheHoly is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 03:55 PM   #5
charlievint
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,742
vCash: 1000
Default Re: lol come one!! PBF in MMA?!?! this is a joke right???

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERMZ BOXING
....no I guess it isnt a joke...yeah i heard about this here and there... but I never thought that it was THAT serious...this is bullshit...but funny too...come on....why is he gonna **** up "art" by throwing mud all over it...his little turtle shell shoulder roll counterpunching is not gonna work as well in mma...haha...**** mma by the way, personally I rather watch a real GANG fight out here in my front yard with some real raw action...none of this groping and slapping bull shit...anyways...PBF is smallish and will get outwrestled, outbit, outslaped, outscratched and outwhatever these baboons do...If he gets beat da **** up, he cant really call himself undefeated in a weird way.... its like beethoven saying, you know what? Im gonna do a collaboration with Nelly... GARBAGE!!! floyd is good not great....he should leave comparasons to sugar and ali alone....shut up floyd, you aint going nowhere....take a break, wait for cotto to whoop odlh, comeback, beat cotto, beat one more big welt....THEN u can go and ruin a good thing...
Well...I'm not sure if Floyd is serious or not...but if he wants to compete in a completely different sport than boxing he needs to dedicate himself to it.

I believe if he does do MMA he'll be serious. But he'll need at least 6 months of HARD training to really be a threat to the best MMA has to offer.

Given Floyds unreal talent level it's not crazy to say he couldn't learn the key skillsets to effectively be a force in MMA. Of course he'd have to learn the ground game a bit and some defence with smaller gloves and avoiding kicks and take downs. But all of those things are learnable especially with a talent like Floyd.

Can he do well in MMA...of course....but only if he is as dedicated as he is in his boxing preparations. If he half steps he'll be tapped out quicker than a whore dropping her panties at the sight of a cool crips Franklin.
charlievint is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 03:26 AM   #6
JERMZ BOXING
Mr. Know-it-all
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CALIFORNIA
Posts: 945
vCash: 1000
Default Re: lol come one!! PBF in MMA?!?! this is a joke right???

Quote:
Originally Posted by HauntingTheHoly
You think Floyd's opponents will be so daft that they won't realize it's not a good idea to stand and box with Floyd? Maybe he'll get lucky and the opponent won't know anything about Floyd's background. Lmfao.

Obviously Floyd won't have a chance to "box" anyone for a single second in MMA. And who wants to see Floyd in a wrestling match? Where's the appeal? It'd be like watching Tiger Woods try out for the NBA or someting, just total nonsense.
JERMZ BOXING is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 03:38 AM   #7
cardstars
Gamboa is GOD
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,313
vCash: 1000
Default Re: lol come one!! PBF in MMA?!?! this is a joke right???

Quote:
Originally Posted by HauntingTheHoly
It'd be like watching Tiger Woods try out for the NBA or someting, just total nonsense.
But Tiger Woods is really good at golf so that means he could dominate the NBA
And Roger Federer is so damn good at tennis that I think he should pitch for the yankees; he would be amazing
cardstars is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 03:38 AM   #8
Illstate
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 293
vCash: 1000
Default Re: lol come one!! PBF in MMA?!?! this is a joke right???

Quote:
Originally Posted by tliang1000
He is trying to get money. I think a lot people have been pitting him against MMA for the last two years and ready if Mayweather can learn some takedown defense and submission defense. He can be a serious player. MMA guys got god awful stand up game. Half of them can't even throw a str8 punch. Floyd will smoke anyone in MMA in stand up.
THey can't throw straight punches, and they don't really deal with lateral movement very well either
Illstate is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 03:40 AM   #9
Illstate
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 293
vCash: 1000
Default Re: lol come one!! PBF in MMA?!?! this is a joke right???

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardstars
But Tiger Woods is really good at golf so that means he could dominate the NBA
And Roger Federer is so damn good at tennis that I think he should pitch for the yankees; he would be amazing
In MMA You can punch people. In Boxing you can punch people.
Illstate is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 03:46 AM   #10
sambob
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 657
vCash: 1000
Default Re: lol come one!! PBF in MMA?!?! this is a joke right???

Well I don't delude myself to think that Floyd could win in a combat sport that allows kicks to the leg, and grappling, clinching, etc etc..

That being said it is nice to be in the company of people that know enough about fighting to realize that these MMA guys are absolutely TERRIBLE boxers. MMA fan boys are so ignorant that they don't believe me when I tell them this, but it just amazes me how bad these guys can be at BASIC stand up fighting skills (thinking about Thai boxing as well), and be considered an 'elite' fighter by so many fans.
sambob is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 03:48 AM   #11
cardstars
Gamboa is GOD
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,313
vCash: 1000
Default Re: lol come one!! PBF in MMA?!?! this is a joke right???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illstate
In MMA You can punch people. In Boxing you can punch people.
I know....it was a total exaggeration. To be honest I think Floyd COULD POSSIBLY be good at mma if he wanted to be. Nobody dedicates themself like he does,,,,everyone knows that. I think its just a ploy though; why would he move to mma when he can make 20 mil per fight boxing....
cardstars is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 04:00 AM   #12
T.C.W
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Queensland Australia
Posts: 4,066
vCash: 1000
Default Re: lol come one!! PBF in MMA?!?! this is a joke right???

It will not happen
T.C.W is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 04:18 AM   #13
Welsh Dragon
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 842
vCash: 75
Default Re: lol come one!! PBF in MMA?!?! this is a joke right???

Aye i mentioned this last wk had a lovely reply off sambob-

Quote:
There you go getting suckered in again..
You're confusing the games that CELEBRITIES (which Floyd definitely is now) play with the MEDIA with what is actually going on in the world of BOXING.
Welsh Dragon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:59 AM   #14
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 35,726
vCash: 1000
Default Re: lol come one!! PBF in MMA?!?! this is a joke right???

Void is void............
Farmboxer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 08:40 AM   #15
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bangkok
Posts: 3,520
vCash: 500
Default Re: lol come one!! PBF in MMA?!?! this is a joke right???

Yodsanan 3-K Battery "Little Tyson" the highest profile boxer to get into the cage. Former WBA Super Featherweight champ with a record of 58 wins (47 KOs) 3 losses and 1 draw. He's also fought Muay Thai at a high level although not elite level.

He has failed to do much in MMA, albeit he crossed to MMA well after his heyday, but he's still very very dangerous due to his KO power and MT technique.

It's harder than most people think to cross between combat sports and have success. Good technique in one maybe a very bad habit in another. For example Floyd's side on stance would be the kiss of death in any MT fight. That being said some fighters have been successful with arguable the Thais crossing over from MT to boxing being the most successful or wrestlers moving to MMA. It's very hard to go from boxing to MT let alone MMA. Too many variables compared to the rather restrained and controlled environment of a boxing ring. Sure a boxer is a scientific fist fighter, but that's just it.....extremely limited in the skills department, limited to offence and defence relating purely to fists.

I'm not saying that with a few of years training PBF couldn't be dangerous, he's an elite athlete, I'm just saying it's very very very unlikely.

Boxing is the sweet science, MT the science of 8 limbs and MMA is a developing science, a work on progress.
boranbkk is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013