Old 03-14-2012, 07:45 PM   #241
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: ESB ATGs Muay Thai / KickBoxing fighters Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
Apidej proves your theories on Muay Thai training boran, the one technique at a time thing. Then, you're prepared to throw any shot at any time. (I think it was you who said that)

You can tell me must've been a pad/bag master. He smashes those shots in, especially in the sequence you earmarked as impressive, the elbow, left hook then the kick. Didn't throw it all in succession, he blasted, stepped out of range, blasted, waited, then blasted.

Most Thai's keep that patience and ability to spot a shot when they move into international boxing. Borkorsor, against Herrera, demonstrated this to it's pinnacle IMO.
That's a good observation about the bag and pad work Flea. Like I mentoned before on the whole they don't drill combos and never at pace like in the West on either the bag or the pads.

Training is done always at a purposeful pace a constant rythm with the focus on the power and technique of the shot rather than the speed at which you can offload complicated combos. If the basic techinque is right you get the power anyway. I remember Ajan Bueng the head trainer saying don't throw anything unless it is meant to hurt!

I'd never really thought about that aspect going into international boxing, but it makes sense. I'll have to watch that Borkorsor v Herrera fight.

The only draw back I notice to a convert from the lack of repetative drilling is in international boxing the target area is smaller and tighter and your opponet basically knows where you are going to try tho hit so fast drilling of say a 5 punch combo makes sense to move a gaurd or set something up in limited time and area to get that one or two clean punchs. The Muay Thai way is all about tit for tat stalking and picking and punishing which as we know isn't always good in western boxing, you wind up taking to much punishment as alot of Thai converts do, even the good ones. Punches in bunches great for Sakon not so great for Thai Muay Thai.
boranbkk is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2012, 08:33 PM   #242
StillWill
Dr. Eisenfaust
ESB Addict

vCash: 174

Thailand is a great and fun place. I think everyone should go at least once, if you do it right it can change you as a person.
StillWill is offline  Top
Old 03-14-2012, 09:58 PM   #243
boranbkk
"ไม่ได้โม้นะ"
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillWill View Post
Thailand is a great and fun place. I think everyone should go at least once, if you do it right it can change you as a person.
That's very true.
boranbkk is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2012, 06:22 AM   #244
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqJ_2GtGihY[/ame]

Training. With the legend.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 03-19-2012, 11:53 PM   #245
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

bump

Iīve a favorite fighter hands down....already mentioned a couple pages back, but now I watched his fights with more atention :

Anuwat
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBeUU-J0_BI[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoyJHF0Qipg&feature=related[/ame]

Amazing hands, vicious uppercut, powerful left hook....check it out....
Vic-JofreBRASIL is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2012, 02:46 AM   #246
StillWill
Dr. Eisenfaust
ESB Addict

vCash: 174

I love Muay Thai but I also LOVE K-1 Rules. I make a lot of videos promoting the sport of kickboxing. Here are a few

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVHUMJiaN-k[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sV3iSWa2rQ[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snXqtXbxETU[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXpKRAzJY2k[/ame]
StillWill is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2012, 12:07 PM   #247
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1166

wow !

A bit off-topic perhaps...because itīs not an ATG (as far as I know anyway, didnīt find nothing more about this guy)...but I think some of you will really like to see this:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ANrg4U_w-E[/ame]

Sianghirun Lookbaanyai (in blue), check it out......amazing hands ! This kid probably will be something in the near future !!!!!
Vic-JofreBRASIL is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2012, 06:14 PM   #248
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Interview with Somrak:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

one part I found especially interesting (taken from Siamfightingmag.com interview of Somrak in 2008 ) :

Quote:
Siamfighting: Do you have won a belt of the stadiums of Bangkok?

Somrak: No, I do not have a belt in Muay Thai. I do a lot of fighting in Thai boxing. At the time I was Number 1 in 126 lbs (57 kg 155) in all stadiums. I have beaten all the champions of my category. But the promoters did not want to fight organized with me for a title because they knew I was going to win. I was too strong for their fighters. Even in the category over a 130 lbs (58 kg 971), they fear me. That is why I am oriented in Boxing, the more it reported me more money…
Does anybody have any info on this? As to why Somrak would be shut out from a title shot as he claims? I can only assume it has to do with gambling.
yaca you is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2012, 02:06 AM   #249
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

This was before he made shit loads of money, so don't know.

There is an interview with Kongtonaree on the same site, just to let you know, although, just to update you, he's now training at Evolve in Singapore.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2012, 03:33 AM   #250
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
This was before he made shit loads of money, so don't know.

There is an interview with Kongtonaree on the same site, just to let you know, although, just to update you, he's now training at Evolve in Singapore.
Thanks!

Quite a few good interviews on that site I need to read the rest of them soon.

Kongtoranee Payakaroon is at evolve MMA as is Namsaknoi, Anuawat, orono wor petchpun, and attachai and a few others from Sityodtong. not all are listed here:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I was going to make a thread about Evolve MMA but didnt. It would be interesting to see if Evolve MMA becomes a world class camp Im sure Aoiki could learn a thing or two about striking from these Thai Champions.

Fleaman, could you tell me anything about Somrak's boxing career? I have seen a piece of his fight with serafirm Todorov I think this is it, but hard to tell for sure.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0BTQo8p2_0[/ame]

Any info anyone might have on Somrak would be much appreciated by me. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by yaca you; 03-22-2012 at 04:06 AM.
yaca you is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2012, 09:36 AM   #251
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

At work so only managed to type this up for you (which I found whilst researching my book) but will give you an insight into how he was treated after his greatest success.

Quote:
Somluck Khamsing got his money in Thailand and more. Plus, he doesn't have to fight. The featherweight champion in Atlanta went home with his country's first Olympic gold medal and gave it to King Bhumibol Adulyadej, who is celebrating his 50th year as reigning monarch. In return, Somluck gets the equivalent of a king's ransom, starting with about $1.2million in gifts from a grateful nation.

There was another $120,000 and a three bedroom estate from the Sports Council. A beer company contributed a luxury car. Someone else chipped in with a pickup truck. Fuel should be no problem. He also was given a gas station.

He got one $320-a-month 'job' for 25 years and another $400 a month gig for life There's a job with the tourism bureau. A petty officer in the Thai navy, he was promoted to junior lieutenant. One promoter gave him $40,000 and a solid gold dinosaur. He was given an honorary doctorate.
BTW!!! If that IS the Olympic final I will love you for ever! Never seen Somluck from Atlanta, only the subsequent games where he was stopped by Rocky Juarez
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2012, 12:37 PM   #252
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Yep, that's the final for sure, excellent find, thank you so much
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2012, 04:40 PM   #253
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
At work so only managed to type this up for you (which I found whilst researching my book) but will give you an insight into how he was treated after his greatest success.

Quote:
Somluck Khamsing got his money in Thailand and more. Plus, he doesn't have to fight. The featherweight champion in Atlanta went home with his country's first Olympic gold medal and gave it to King Bhumibol Adulyadej, who is celebrating his 50th year as reigning monarch. In return, Somluck gets the equivalent of a king's ransom, starting with about $1.2million in gifts from a grateful nation.

There was another $120,000 and a three bedroom estate from the Sports Council. A beer company contributed a luxury car. Someone else chipped in with a pickup truck. Fuel should be no problem. He also was given a gas station.

He got one $320-a-month 'job' for 25 years and another $400 a month gig for life There's a job with the tourism bureau. A petty officer in the Thai navy, he was promoted to junior lieutenant. One promoter gave him $40,000 and a solid gold dinosaur. He was given an honorary doctorate.
BTW!!! If that IS the Olympic final I will love you for ever! Never seen Somluck from Atlanta, only the subsequent games where he was stopped by Rocky Juarez

Quote:
Yep, that's the final for sure, excellent find, thank you so much
Thank you sir.

Shut out of a title shot yet so beloved by his country he was given so much? Very odd case... he was the man who won Thailand's 1st Olympic gold metal so I'm guessing after he achieved that (in 96') he was national hero and was treated a lot differently than before.

Like I wrote earlier I'm a big fan of Somrak, very interesting career.
yaca you is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2012, 04:49 PM   #254
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict

9 time champion Chamuekpet Hapalang. under some modified rules against American kickboxer Felipe Garcia.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoTKImZlErQ[/ame]
yaca you is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2012, 07:48 PM   #255
evalistinho
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 5461

nice training video i found of Buakaw.

BORKED
evalistinho is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum