Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2007, 12:35 AM   #1
Dostoevsky
Hardcore......to the max!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The Kingdom of Fife, Scotland.
Posts: 2,848
vCash: 1000
Default Just to let you guys know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke
Seriously, lets look at this objectively, Hughes has zero chance of winning this fight with the frenchie.

Frenchie has vastly superior striking,has pinpoint accuracy, great hands and kicks. Hughes has terrible striking, he just flails his arms around has zero technique at all. He doesn't have power in his punches either to test GSP's questionable chin. Hughes also has bad defence, while GSP has a good one against punches.

Hughes has great wrestling but I think with his fights with Koscheck and with Hughes himself, GSP is now equal to Hughes and CANNOT be taken down. I fully expect GSP to avoid all takedowns and even outwrestle Hughes.

I can't really say much about their Jiu Jitsu, maybe theiy're about even, I doubt Hughes can be that much better than GSP to help him during the fight.

GSP is stronger, faster more well rounded.........everything Hughes has, GSP does better or is at least equal.

It's a mismatch really. Matt Hughes will be brutally crushed barring a complete miracle.
I ****ing called it.

Dostoevsky is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2007, 12:43 AM   #2
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 116,113
vCash: 10000
Default Re: Just to let you guys know...

high five
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 01:02 AM   #3
Donut62
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 727
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Just to let you guys know...

I thought Hughes would at least look like he should be in the same ring as GSP, but damn, once again he got tooled.

I did however nail that Soko is an overrated turd and that Machida would finish him easy.
Donut62 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 01:07 AM   #4
Dostoevsky
Hardcore......to the max!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The Kingdom of Fife, Scotland.
Posts: 2,848
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Just to let you guys know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut62
I thought Hughes would at least look like he should be in the same ring as GSP, but damn, once again he got tooled.

I did however nail that Soko is an overrated turd and that Machida would finish him easy.
I feel kind of bad for Soko, you've got to remember that was only his 5th pro fight.
He's very young and inexperienced. I feel throwing him in their with someone like that was unfair on Soko.

One problem with the UFC is that they only accept top talent and no low level guys or journeymen to give the higher skilled guys experience or some warm up fights.

Soko isn't a turd, he just got beat by someone who is on fire and imo could beat anyone in the divison.
Dostoevsky is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 01:07 AM   #5
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Great White North
Posts: 4,059
vCash: 3450
Default Re: Just to let you guys know...

wow!! I knew GSP would beat him but made him look like Hughes had never wrestled before....took him him down multiple times dominated him at his own game.....Even made him cry out for the stoppage.....they even announced it as "verbal tapout"....poor Hughes ....when you get beat at your game...where do you go from there?...and beat fukin easily!!!!
AJAX is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 01:09 AM   #6
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Great White North
Posts: 4,059
vCash: 3450
Default Re: Just to let you guys know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke
I feel kind of bad for Soko, you've got to remember that was only his 5th pro fight.
He's very young and inexperienced. I feel throwing him in their with someone like that was unfair on Soko.

One problem with the UFC is that they only accept top talent and no low level guys or journeymen to give the higher skilled guys experience or some warm up fights.

Soko isn't a turd, he just got beat by someone who is on fire and imo could beat anyone in the divison.
I agree why make him fight machida who makes everyone look bad...Soko is a potential highlight reel....who should have been better matched in his debut....thumbs down to joe Silva
AJAX is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 01:10 AM   #7
boxingcar
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,763
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Just to let you guys know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke
I ****ing called it.

yep...haven't seen the fight yet but from what i understand , gsp was supremely impressive..
boxingcar is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 01:10 AM   #8
Donut62
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 727
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Just to let you guys know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke
I feel kind of bad for Soko, you've got to remember that was only his 5th pro fight.
He's very young and inexperienced. I feel throwing him in their with someone like that was unfair on Soko.

One problem with the UFC is that they only accept top talent and no low level guys or journeymen to give the higher skilled guys experience or some warm up fights.
Really this is more the fault of Pride's match making and Soko's unexpected wins. You throw a guy like that in their with two top 10 fighters and he creams them, how can you justify giving him an easy fight? If they made Soko fight some can everyone would be bitching about the UFC and how they make shitty fights. Soko put himself in that role by knocking off top talent, and he had no choice but to face a guy like Lyoto.
Donut62 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 01:11 AM   #9
boxingcar
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,763
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Just to let you guys know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJAX
I agree why make him fight machida who makes everyone look bad...Soko is a potential highlight reel....who should have been better matched in his debut....thumbs down to joe Silva
You should've seen machida vs Greco...
Greco who was past prime and had no mma experience almost defeated Machida...(a questionable split decision )
boxingcar is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 01:54 AM   #10
Beebs
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 7,121
vCash: 1493
Default Re: Just to let you guys know...

GSP took some of the sting away for me as a Hughes fan with the amazing way he fought, he will do the same to serra but 5 times worse.
Beebs is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 01:58 AM   #11
Dostoevsky
Hardcore......to the max!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The Kingdom of Fife, Scotland.
Posts: 2,848
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Just to let you guys know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxingcar
You should've seen machida vs Greco...
Greco who was past prime and had no mma experience almost defeated Machida...(a questionable split decision )
Sam Greco had a ridiculous weight advantage over Machida though, something like 40lbs.
Dostoevsky is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 02:01 AM   #12
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Great White North
Posts: 4,059
vCash: 3450
Default Re: Just to let you guys know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebs
GSP took some of the sting away for me as a Hughes fan with the amazing way he fought, he will do the same to serra but 5 times worse.
but at least Serra has a standup game....Hughes has none and was no threat to GSP...I knew GSP was better than Hughes on the ground as well but I didn't realize how easy he made it look. Hughes is not in the same league.
AJAX is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 03:21 AM   #13
Tko4
Left high kick
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 2,290
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Just to let you guys know...

Predicting GSP to win is about as good as predicting Christmas will occur on Dec. 25
Tko4 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 03:25 AM   #14
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Great White North
Posts: 4,059
vCash: 3450
Default Re: Just to let you guys know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tko4
Predicting GSP to win is about as good as predicting Christmas will occur on Dec. 25
but I really didn't think it was going to be that easy....instead of beating him on his feet like last fight ....he beat him at his own game....had takedowns and abused Hughes....until he verbally tapped.
AJAX is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 04:18 AM   #15
Boinko
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,086
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Just to let you guys know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJAX
but at least Serra has a standup game....Hughes has none and was no threat to GSP...I knew GSP was better than Hughes on the ground as well but I didn't realize how easy he made it look. Hughes is not in the same league.
Which is why when GSP fights Serra, expect to see him try and take him to the ground right away. Why standup with a strong puncher like Matt. GSP will own him on the ground.
Boinko is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013