Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 12-30-2007, 04:30 AM   #16
rydersonthestorm
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Just to let you guys know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke
I ****ing called it.

I think everyone called it just not everyone has your silly ideas that pro fighters have no chance.
rydersonthestorm is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2007, 04:33 AM   #17
Boinko
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotti_killer
I think everyone called it just not everyone has your silly ideas that pro fighters have no chance.
Maybe so, but after seeing the way GSP utterly dominated Hughes, I think it's safe to say Hughes had no chance.
Boinko is offline  Top
Old 12-30-2007, 04:41 AM   #18
rydersonthestorm
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boinko
Maybe so, but after seeing the way GSP utterly dominated Hughes, I think it's safe to say Hughes had no chance.
Come off it every time someone steps in the ring they have a chance otherwise hughes wouldn't have beaten him before and serra wouldn't have knocked him the fuick out.

Last edited by Suge Green; 11-29-2006 at 09:43 PM.
rydersonthestorm is offline  Top
Old 12-30-2007, 11:28 AM   #19
fatcity
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke
I ****ing called it.

Wow!The amazing Kreskin has nothing on you!
fatcity is online now  Top
Old 12-30-2007, 11:36 AM   #20
Dostoevsky
Hardcore......to the max!
ESB Addict

Clearly not.

Dostoevsky is offline  Top
Old 12-30-2007, 12:33 PM   #21
Boinko
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotti_killer
Come off it every time someone steps in the ring they have a chance otherwise hughes wouldn't have beaten him before and serra wouldn't have knocked him the fuick out.
Yes, Hughes did have a chance. It just was an absolutely dismal chance.
Boinko is offline  Top
Old 12-30-2007, 12:40 PM   #22
codeman99998
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boinko
Yes, Hughes did have a chance. It just was an absolutely dismal chance.
Come on now.

If Matt Serra KO1 GSP, Forrest Griffin sub3 Mauricio Rua, Keith Jardine UD Chuck Lidell, Gabriel Gonzaga KO1 Mirko CroCop, and, most importantly, Matt Hughes sub1 George St. Pierre...

OF COURSE Matt had a chance. Just because he was the underdog and he lost in a completely dominant fashion doesn't mean he didn't have a chance.
codeman99998 is offline  Top
Old 12-30-2007, 12:43 PM   #23
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict

vCash: 3450

if he didn't have a chance the match wouldn't have taken place....but after watching the last 2 fights with these guys what chance did he really have? he wasn't at all in either fight....almost zero opposition.

Last edited by Sundance; 11-30-2006 at 08:05 AM.
AJAX is offline  Top
Old 12-30-2007, 12:44 PM   #24
Boinko
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman99998
Come on now.

If Matt Serra KO1 GSP, Forrest Griffin sub3 Mauricio Rua, Keith Jardine UD Chuck Lidell, Gabriel Gonzaga KO1 Mirko CroCop, and, most importantly, Matt Hughes sub1 George St. Pierre...

OF COURSE Matt had a chance. Just because he was the underdog and he lost in a completely dominant fashion doesn't mean he didn't have a chance.
I said he had a chance, but seeing the way he was utterly dominated it wasn't much of a chance at all. I actually felt Hughes would do better than he did but he was completely owned.
But yes, of course he had a chance. Anyone with even a bit of talent has a chance when stepping in the octagon.
Boinko is offline  Top
Old 12-30-2007, 02:27 PM   #25
Job
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Wow, you are so cool.
Job is offline  Top
Old 12-30-2007, 02:35 PM   #26
ravtrav
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJAX
if he didn't have a chance the match wouldn't have taken place....but after watching the last 2 fights with these guys what chance did he really have? he wasn't at all in either fight....almost zero opposition.
It kinda reminds me of the Pac-Morales trilogy.
ravtrav is offline  Top
Old 12-30-2007, 02:47 PM   #27
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut62
I thought Hughes would at least look like he should be in the same ring as GSP, but damn, once again he got tooled.

I did however nail that Soko is an overrated turd and that Machida would finish him easy.
Id hardly call him overrated.Yes he had 2 great wins in PRIDE over Lil Nog and Arona with 1st round KO`s but they were not flukes.His class was proven but in essence he was no more than PRIDES own Houston Alexander.Despite being a Judoka his judo was weak, he got owned in a pure Judo match vs Karo and has never demonstrated any great ground in MMA and his resume is weak as his only had a few fights.

Its not time to call him a complete bust yet as Lyoto is no joke.The kid is great on his feet, has an excellent base in Shotokan through his father and was a standout, he was groomed as Inoki`s own protege aswell as wrestling at the NJPW dojo`s and still trains in Muay Thai.His a cross trained athlete who excels at pretty much all aspects of mixed martial arts.He also has a patient and very unorthodox style that causes almost all his opponents a ton of trouble in deciphering.Sokodjou`s loss doesnt surprise me.But id more like to know when is Machida going to get his shot.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 12-30-2007, 08:06 PM   #28
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict

vCash: 3450

anyone else notice when GSP was giving Hughes the head splashes....he gave him 3 or 4 of those and they must have done some damage. GSP lifted up when hughes was trying to pull him in from the bottom and then slamed his own body down with Hughes head underneith him. That's the first time I ever seen that before...great move
AJAX is offline  Top
Old 12-30-2007, 09:02 PM   #29
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 36829

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJAX
anyone else notice when GSP was giving Hughes the head splashes....he gave him 3 or 4 of those and they must have done some damage. GSP lifted up when hughes was trying to pull him in from the bottom and then slamed his own body down with Hughes head underneith him. That's the first time I ever seen that before...great move
At first I couldn't tell which of them was initiating that...for a brief moment I thought it was Hughes (what with the crappy stream and the camera angle I couldn't see whether he had found some kind of grip behind GSP allowing him to pull down and squeeze the wind out of him from the back...as insanely risky and potentially self-damaging as that would be) and this sudden dread fell over me, with the idea that this awesome performance may be cut short and the fight's momentum reversed by some fluke desperation move...then by the second thud I realized it was taking far more out of Hughes and GSP still had that look of fierce concentration, and I breathed a sigh of relief in the knowledge that he was just ****ing shit up in new and interesting ways.
IntentionalButt is online now  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum