Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 02-04-2012, 04:31 PM   #16
Golden Boy 360
Boxing's Biggest Cash Cow
ESB Addict

vCash: 850
Default Re: Kelly Pavlik Is a BEAST in the GYM!

strong avi and username to post ratio
Golden Boy 360 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2012, 04:35 PM   #17
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by des3995 View Post
That's a good take.

Any idea if he plans on trying to get back to mw or will they stay north of it?
Bute's going to be chasing Ward up to LHW........and a healthy and sober Pavlik can hang with Kessler, Steiglitz and Froch and the the Dirrels for another 4-5 yrs. His best opportunity is stay relevant at SMW then taking a title when Bute and Ward vacate.....that is IMO.
chitownfightfan is online now  Top
Old 02-04-2012, 04:37 PM   #18
Big Red
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1036

Quote:
That's a good take.

Any idea if he plans on trying to get back to mw or will they stay north of it?
The last interview I saw was from 2hrs ago its on youtube. He got into many different things. He said he would like to get down to middle weight but it scares him from what he had to go through to get down there the last time vs Martinez.

I think with conte being his nutritionist he will have a better chance of getting down to that weight. His mother used to be his nutritionist. A mother is about the worst nutritionist you can have. Some people I have heard think a better nutritionist will make people bigger but I dont think thats the case. I think conte might be able to keep him lean and healthier then Pavliks mother could.
Big Red is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2012, 04:41 PM   #19
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red View Post
The last interview I saw was from 2hrs ago its on youtube. He got into many different things. He said he would like to get down to middle weight but it scares him from what he had to go through to get down there the last time vs Martinez.

I think with conte being his nutritionist he will have a better chance of getting down to that weight. His mother used to be his nutritionist. A mother is about the worst nutritionist you can have. Some people I have heard think a better nutritionist will make people bigger but I dont think thats the case. I think conte might be able to keep him lean and healthier then Pavliks mother could.
Got a link to that interview?

I said the Bute fight was just way to rushed under the circumstances. I just hope things work out for the best for him now. Time will tell.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2012, 04:41 PM   #20
des3995
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 5005

Quote:

Not my mom. It was diet by self preservation.

I had thought that he would be served to go up and stay there, but if he can do MW reasonably, I say go for it. I can certainly see him getting to the top of that division again.

He may have a hard time getting fights if he returns to some semblance of the fighter he was.
des3995 is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2012, 04:43 PM   #21
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownfightfan View Post
Bute's going to be chasing Ward up to LHW........and a healthy and sober Pavlik can hang with Kessler, Steiglitz and Froch and the the Dirrels for another 4-5 yrs. His best opportunity is stay relevant at SMW then taking a title when Bute and Ward vacate.....that is IMO.
Style wise, Pavlik/Ward didn't seem to bad to me. Andre Dirrell with his head screwed on right is another story.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2012, 04:45 PM   #22
Big Red
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
Got a link to that interview?

I said the Bute fight was just way to rushed under the circumstances. I just hope things work out for the best for him now. Time will tell.
Here you go Hermit.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Big Red is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2012, 04:49 PM   #23
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Here you go Hermit.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Thanks
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2012, 04:54 PM   #24
Big Red
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Not my mom. It was diet by self preservation.

I had thought that he would be served to go up and stay there, but if he can do MW reasonably, I say go for it. I can certainly see him getting to the top of that division again.

He may have a hard time getting fights if he returns to some semblance of the fighter he was.
I have never seen a mother who would be even a average nutritionsist. They will literally kill with love I knew a guy who was 700 pounds his mother literally killed him with her cooking, he died of a massive stroke.

I was a bit of an athlete myself and I could not eat my moms cooking often you can tell them your trying to get in shape but it does not work. They will make food that is loaded with tons of fat no matter what you say.

Pavlik is way better off with Conte, no doubt Pavliks mother is behind some of Pavliks problems making weight.
Big Red is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2012, 04:55 PM   #25
slender4
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyyy1313 View Post
Damn, he's looking good!
It looks like he still has the same cast iron legs, and drops his hands.
slender4 is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2012, 05:03 PM   #26
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Pavlik is way better off with Conte, no doubt Pavliks mother is behind some of Pavliks problems making weight.
Grandmothers are even worse. I was doing a service call and a 'grandmother' was complaining about how her daughter-in-law starved her grandson. "He has such a good appetite. When he is here he can eat half a pound of bacon!" Mind you the kind was like 6 or 7! I think his mother would never allow unsupervised visits if she knew the fat grandma was stuffing the kid with.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2012, 05:14 PM   #27
Hermit
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by orriray59 View Post
If that guy is good for one thing, it's uploading good boxing videos on YouTube!
I wonder if Kelly will walk him into any more pillars.
Hermit is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2012, 05:20 PM   #28
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 1001

Like what Im seeing from Pavlik.....
kirk is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2012, 05:58 PM   #29
Big Red
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
Grandmothers are even worse. I was doing a service call and a 'grandmother' was complaining about how her daughter-in-law starved her grandson. "He has such a good appetite. When he is here he can eat half a pound of bacon!" Mind you the kind was like 6 or 7! I think his mother would never allow unsupervised visits if she knew the fat grandma was stuffing the kid with.
Yeah thats true, the only thing worse for a nutritionst for Pavlik would have been his Grandmother.

You probably know, but Pavlik lived at home for the majority of his pro career I guess he did not make much money. I kind of think his mother got used to the idea of being his nutritionist and would have been offended if Pavlik told her he was getting a new one.

Conte will be so much better he actually studies the blood of his athletes regularly to see what nutrients they need on different days. And likely many other things that I would not even begin to understand.
Big Red is offline  Top
Old 02-04-2012, 06:31 PM   #30
Post Box
I'm back too, bitches
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

He looks a hell of alot better than I anticipated, good to see
Post Box is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum