Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 04-09-2012, 05:53 PM   #61
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

vCash: 500
Default Re: ++++Manny Pacquiao vs Timothy Bradley: Technical/Tactical Breakdown Thread++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Provodnikov.

To be used as Pacquiao's sparring partner:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Hmm that's a strange one IMO.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2012, 07:25 PM   #62
JIM KELLY
Bullshyt Mr Han Man!
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: ++++Manny Pacquiao vs Timothy Bradley: Technical/Tactical Breakdown Thread++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by slip&counter View Post
This had me in tears...

lol, Bradley better show no love come June.
JIM KELLY is offline  Top
Old 04-09-2012, 08:17 PM   #63
SJS19
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Very impressed with this thread. May come here more often, rather than the general.
SJS19 is offline  Top
Old 04-09-2012, 09:22 PM   #64
Scotty321
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
I ****in' hope they can. He's gonna' be doing a hell of a lot more chasing and cutting than he's used to.
I don't think he'll have to look hard to find Tim in this fight. I expect Bradley to-be-a-coming early.
Scotty321 is offline  Top
Old 04-12-2012, 07:43 PM   #65
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Mauricio Herrera views on Pac's sparring partner choice..

Having been in the ring under different circumstances with Bradley and Provodnikov, Herrera explained his reasoning.

“I don’t think it will be that good. Because Bradley’s a mover and I’ve sparred with Bradley before and he has good legs and he’s going to be moving around the ring and he’s hard to hit. I think Provodnikov is there to be hit and it’s not going to be the same as when he fights Bradley. [Bradley] moves around and uses his legs. Provodnikov is just a different fighter than Bradley,” said Herrera, who helped Bradley get ready for his fights with Lamont Peterson and Nate Campbell in 2009.

And it’s the mobility of Bradley that makes Herrera believe he has a real chance to pull off the upset in two months’ time.

“I think Bradley has a good shot,” Herrera continued. “As you’ve seen with Shane Mosley, who was moving around with Pacquiao, and it kind of gave Pacquiao problems. I think that’s something that Bradley’s going to use in that fight.”
Old 04-12-2012, 08:14 PM   #66
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Timonthy Bradley can do excalty what Marquez did against Manny Pac in their last fight.

Also......

Timonthy Bradley will be the fighter holding the centre of the ring in this fight, leaving Manny Pac to fight a in and out type of fight. I have said it once before, Manny Pac looked physically weak in his last fight against Marquez..? For me he looked abit drawn in physically and zapped of his bionic strength.

I don't know weather he is SHOT..? I would'nt be surprised...? He has been pro since he was 15 years old, and probably was weight draining himself during those crucial teenage growth years. This has probably affected his body, without him knowing..? Making him weak, and under developed.

Just look how his head, and body matured when he was aloud to move up in weight. Probably able for the first time to eat plenty of good food constantly..? also the added benefits of supplements.

I was not surpized that he had trouble with Marquez's boxing skills..? I was alarmed by how weak Manny Pacman seemed..? And how unaffected Marquez seemed by Pacman's punches.

That fight is the only reason why Floyd Mayweather suddenly started to up his anti for the Pacman fight..? Manny Pac was accused of steriods because..? His power was frightening. The fact that he was taking punches of bigger guys, and crushing his oponents was alarming.

"And for me personally i think this is what scared Floyd Mayweather, technically..? I don't think Mayweather fears Manny Pac skills. It was just this freak like bionic power..............

Will it return against Bradley..? Who knows.

Last edited by Primadonna Kool; 04-12-2012 at 08:24 PM. Reason: fuck off.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 04-13-2012, 12:33 AM   #67
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

Pac will jump on Bradley and kick his arse! Pac will swarm him, they stop him!!! Void will faint!
Farmboxer is offline  Top
Old 04-13-2012, 08:17 AM   #68
duranimal
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
Timonthy Bradley can do excalty what Marquez did against Manny Pac in their last fight.

Also......

Timonthy Bradley will be the fighter holding the centre of the ring in this fight, leaving Manny Pac to fight a in and out type of fight. I have said it once before, Manny Pac looked physically weak in his last fight against Marquez..? For me he looked abit drawn in physically and zapped of his bionic strength.

I don't know weather he is SHOT..? I would'nt be surprised...? He has been pro since he was 15 years old, and probably was weight draining himself during those crucial teenage growth years. This has probably affected his body, without him knowing..? Making him weak, and under developed.

Just look how his head, and body matured when he was aloud to move up in weight. Probably able for the first time to eat plenty of good food constantly..? also the added benefits of supplements.

I was not surpized that he had trouble with Marquez's boxing skills..? I was alarmed by how weak Manny Pacman seemed..? And how unaffected Marquez seemed by Pacman's punches.

That fight is the only reason why Floyd Mayweather suddenly started to up his anti for the Pacman fight..? Manny Pac was accused of steriods because..? His power was frightening. The fact that he was taking punches of bigger guys, and crushing his oponents was alarming.

"And for me personally i think this is what scared Floyd Mayweather, technically..? I don't think Mayweather fears Manny Pac skills. It was just this freak like bionic power..............

Will it return against Bradley..? Who knows.
DA TRUTH

How many times has Floyd got to say "That it's max reward min risk" I'll not end up like ALI!!! It was the Cotto fight that shit them up big time as floydie knew then that he could'nt KO the midgit & has been in charactor assasination mode ever since to justify the biggest duck in boxing history

I agree with you that Floyd knows he's the superior technician & so do we all but he's greatly affeared of being put into Mosley "sun lounger mode"

Uploaded with [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
duranimal is offline  Top
Old 04-17-2012, 07:54 AM   #69
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

"Training camp has been well. I have been training for a little while now," Bradley stated. He said that his team has actually had to slow him down so that he doesn't peak too early. "I start sparring next week. I've dropped some weight and I feel really good. Everybody is trying to pull me back because I am super sharp already," he continued.

"Pacquiao got cut and had to get like 22 stiches when (Juan Manuel) Marquez butted him," Bradley told The Boxing Lab. "That wasn't with me. With Shane (Mosley) they clashed heads 5 or 6 times. Manny has a head first style. He leads with the head," Bradley explained.

"I want this fight to be as clean as possible. I want to win clean. I'd rather go out flaming with diginity knowing I gave everything I could give versus going out like a coward,"
Bradley concluded.
Old 04-21-2012, 12:34 PM   #70
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Scene it, As time gets nearer and i get a chance to sit and watch fights of both men i will post up some stuff. So far mostly just posting the thoughts from the main men on the fight.

Positive vibes…
“Everything’s going real good. We’re ahead of schedule and everything is moving along real, real well. It’s just all positive vibes. Everything around the camp, everything is positive. And a lot of hype. Everybody around the team is very excited, because we see the improvement in Tim. His hand speed, we see everything that he’s been doing. Of course, it’s a good feeling and we feel we’re going to be victorious on June 9th.”

Maintaining Bradley’s progress in camp…
“I have to keep my schedule of workouts and maintain it, as well as the rest of the team. They have to do their job as far as keeping in touch with how he’s doing and what he’s doing. He’s been training already for a month and a half, but for three days a week. This week we started camp officially, every day, since Monday. [Wednesday] was his second day of sparring and he looked really, really good. As a matter of fact, for being the second day, he looked spectacular. That was something that that got everybody got excited. As soon as he finished his sparring, that’s all he did, because the day before he put in his gym work and then he did his conditioning. To me, it was basically focusing on sparring. He wanted more, but I had to cut the work."

Keeping Bradley moving…
“But he’s complying pretty good and he’s not saying ‘No’ to what we decide, especially when I tell him, we’re still quite a ways ahead. I don’t want him to be burned out. Because he started his conditioning training, his running, and all that stuff he started a month ago. When it comes to coming down to the gym and I was like ‘No, no, no. We’re just going to come to the gym three days a week for now’. We have to watch his training and that’s my job. He looked good in sparring and tomorrow we’ll focus more on what happened today. On Saturday, it depends how he’s feeling. I might have him move in the ring with a southpaw, somebody who can keep him busy, keep him moving.”

The sparring partners in camp…
“These kids we’re sparring now, they’re good fighters but I don’t think they’re going to last. We got a couple of them already, they came down and sparred. Real good fighters, real strong kids, but after today, they can probably finish the week and then I got to send them back and get some other sparring partners. Because he’s dialed them in right away and all they do is they just become another opponent. And I don’t want nobody to get hurt. Right now, with Timothy’s hand speed, his movement, and his strength is becoming a big factor. I’m looking for another two or three sparring partners for the following week.”

The difficulty in recruiting future sparring mates…
“Let me tell you one thing; watching Manny Pacquiao, you cannot find sparring similar as Manny. That is very hard. What I am focusing on is just having some young, fresh fighters. I’m not looking for veteran fighters, old fighters. Because old fighters have a slow pace, they’re more experienced type of fighters. I want fighters that are aggressive, fast, and they’re constantly throwing punches. That’s the reason why I have two, three, even four sparring partners in line, because I’m switching them every two rounds. I’m switching them, I’m starting guys fresh, from the beginning. I don’t want to have a kid go four, five rounds by himself, because Tim, after the second round, he will start breaking him. So after the third round, they’re just taking a beating. My strategy right now is to have four fighters on standby and keep throwing them in there after every two rounds.”

Not concerned about Bradley’s weight…
“As far as his weight, that’s not even an issue. He’s walking around right now at 155 [pounds]. He says ‘You know what coach? By the end of May, I want to be at 148. I want to be slim and fast and strong’. I told him ‘You don’t have to. I need you to be at 150, 152’. And he says ‘Coach, for that fight I’m going to come in at 145, 146’ and I asked ‘What for? I want you at 147’. He goes ‘Because I want to be solid muscle. Fast, solid muscle’. With his diet and the way he runs, he’s always looking really, really good. The way he’s working out, he’s generated a lot of hand speed. He’s faster, he’s stronger, his movement, everything. We’re putting everything together. We’re putting the whole package together.”

Why you have to take risks against Manny Pacquiao…
“Look, me as a trainer, my plan goes in different stages. Early, middle, and end. And that’s the way it’s going to be. At the same time, it’s not going to be a game of chess. It could be, early in the rounds, early in the fight. Because we have to study the fighter, we can’t just get in there reckless. But it’s going to be a very exciting fight, because Tim wants to win it. I want to win. If you want to win against Manny Pacquiao, you’ve got to take risks. You’ve got to take risks, but smart risks. You can’t just get reckless. At the same time, you can’t just let Manny unload all the time. You have to take risks no matter what. Early in the fight, due to the fact that you have to study your opponent, of course it’s going to be a game of chess early in the fight. But after that, by the middle of the fight, I think it’s going to be a fight.”
Old 04-21-2012, 12:47 PM   #71
Spearmint Rhino
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Finding suitable sparring is all but impossible.

Looking at fighters from 140 to 154, there's nobody that remotely resembles Manny at all.

A few southpaws, but none that possess too many of the attributes that Pac now uses.
Spearmint Rhino is offline  Top
Old 04-28-2012, 12:36 PM   #72
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Scene it, Photo's of the sparring are there as well.

Bradley, an undefeated junior welterweight champion moving up in weight for the Pacquiao fight, showcased all of his talents and nuances during seven lively four-minute rounds of sparring against a trio of partners on Friday afternoon. Putting in work with Bradley on this day was Houston, Texas native and World Series of Boxing competitor Eric Fowler, junior welterweight prospect Andre Sherard, and former lightweight champion Julio Diaz, who is the younger brother of Bradley’s trainer Joel.

For twenty-eight minutes in the ring, Bradley showed off all of his abilities, from deft movement, sharp counterpunching, a rough infighting ability, and a punishing body attack that had one of his sparring mates taking a knee after a well-placed shot.

Offering up the most resistance to Bradley was Diaz, who switched to southpaw, a trick he has shown throughout his respected professional career, and gave Tim several angles to work off of. It was during these moments that Bradley had to slow his attack down briefly as he had to do a little more thinking, yet he still controlled the action.

All in all the sparring was wildly entertaining and revealed just how primed Bradley is getting with the Pacquiao fight still six weeks away.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:52 AM   #73
perspicacity
Raising The Bar
ESB Addict

vCash: 185000

I am now hoping beyond hope that Pacquiao shows enough here to suggest him and Mayweather could still be an epic fight and they finally get it made for November or thereabouts.

I'd like to see it going to the middle rounds and beyond at a break-neck speed, suggesting that the talk of leg-cramps against Mosley were nonsense and the stamina and energy is still there for Manny.
perspicacity is offline  Top
Old 05-07-2012, 10:55 AM   #74
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

This thread needed a bump!

This is the fight I'm most looking forward to, apart from Froch/Bute.

War Bradders!
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2012, 05:10 AM   #75
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Would have been great if Roach called back Karim in preperation:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyiu2G55sAc[/ame]
Uncle Rico is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum