Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-11-2012, 07:05 AM   #76
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

vCash: 500
Default Re: ++++Manny Pacquiao vs Timothy Bradley: Technical/Tactical Breakdown Thread++++

Sorry posting up a long winded post.

Last edited by SkillspayBills; 05-11-2012 at 08:04 AM.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2012, 08:04 AM   #77
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Default Re: ++++Manny Pacquiao vs Timothy Bradley: Technical/Tactical Breakdown Thread++++

Still a little while away but this is one of most thought provoking fights of year IMO. I'm firmly on the Bradley to win bandwagon and here's why..

I've watched Pacquiao for years, on the come up from the smaller weights to where he is now and the difference in style and mindset for me is far different. Manny's a now more refined fighter. His mentality is now different to the young fighter back in the late 90's early noughties. Still a fighter, still wants to win but he's now not fighting for a better life. He's now comfortable in life, has different aims outside the sport and his faith is becoming more prevalent in his life.

This is in stark contrast to Bradley who's looking to make this his break out fight to a world wide audience. He's beaten pretty much everyone he needed to beat bar Khan. He feels he's had enough education to get to this point and now feels it's time to join the major players and go from a pawn to a king in this game. I think he has a good point his education has been more then enough he's beat world class fighters, he's fought different styles. He's fought different attributes he's pretty much covered all bases he could of to get to this point. If he ain't ready now when would he be?.

Mentality will play a massive part in this fight, there will be deep waters. There will be a time when both men will need to go to the well. I've got no doubts Manny will want to go there, but at same time i have no doubts Bradley will match him each and everytime.

Stylistically it's a interesting match up, Nacho Beristain made a point in lead up to the 3rd fight between Pacquiao-Marquez that Juan would find that fight easier due to Manny's technical refinements. He would be proven right as Marquez would IMO out box Pacquiao over the course of 12 rounds. He didn't ever have the trouble he did in the other two fights. Manny in first two fights was more of a wildcat, unpredictable in his attacks.

Manny's balance as a fighter, his punch selection, his ring iq is so much better but has he traded off his best attributes?. Well before Mosley and Marquez you'd of said no but his last two opponents have changed the concept of how to beat Pac-Man. Instead of fighting him like a smaller man they've fought him as if he's the bigger man they haven't fallen into the trap. Manny likes fighters to come to him, he's never had the best balance and although it's improved if you move away from him he falls out of position when leading and is open to aggressive counters. If you walk towards him his speed and variety is such your going to get hit with 3 to 4 punches get hurt and then turn into more punishment. A snowball effect really..

Mosley used small steps, staying just outside of long range and Manny struggled to be effective with his aggression. Mosley's problem was he couldn't counter (Pull trigger?) and didn't want to as he was hurt and put down early in fight and seemed to be happy to survive. Marquez would then use a similar tactic but was willing to throw and expose the openings Manny gives you when leading.

Manny is a fans fighter, he feels that he has to entertain fans and by allowing that to get to him i feel Bradley can exploit that like Marquez did even using his lead foot as a stopper as Pac comes forward he can stand on lead foot at times and pick up his range. Bradley is a tactical fighter who can fight going forward, can fight going back. When he does back off he becomes a aggressive counter puncher. He's sharp with his counters and doesn't hit with great power but when he lands it gets your respect.

I feel Bradley will need to mix his attacks up, He will need to put polish on this performance because i have no doubts the Judges will favor Manny in tight rounds. Bradley's got good lateral movement, he moves side to side well which will trouble Manny who likes a standing target of the target to move into his range. Bradley will use side steps and half steps back offsetting Manny and testing his patience. Both have issues with patience. Bradley can be so well disciplined but like Marquez of old he often will snatch at counters and leads and fall out of position and that's when Manny can land. Bradley will need to stay patient all night otherwise he could well be tasting the canvas like he did against Holt. He's got a habit of snatching for no reason at times. Tension and that's one weakness he does have heading into this. Marquez also had same problem against Pacquiao but when he did fall out of position against Pac last time out he would dip and slide into space and reset. Bradley will need to do the same or as i said he could well get floored heavily by Manny.

The changing of angles, the offsetting and the feints will bait Manny and he won't resist. It's then when Bradley needs to make him miss and make him pay. Bradley is extremely hard to hit clean because of low centre of gravity. He makes you punch down with takes away from power but also he dips into a shell which makes him even harder to catch and when you miss or cuff him he springs back with quick counters.

Bradley has the better Ring IQ IMHO Manny's a natural fighter but Bradley is schooled extremely well on what to do in ring and how to get wins as a boxer, He will often find himself in different positions in the ring and knows how to deal with it. Now many feel he will need to back away otherwise he'll get knocked out. Well i think he will have to come forward and will do just that at times. As i said he'll need to mix it up to show judges he's in control of fight. I can see Bradley shooting in on some counters, or from different angles and going on the inside. Pacquiao is a strong guy but so is Bradley and Bradley is a better inside fighter. He's got the dimensions, and know how and variety to fight on inside and often Manny covers up in full guard when it gets there. Bradley will work the body, shoe shine it and then away at a angle and draw Manny forward.

For Bradley to key is patience, and a good snappy jab Manny's open to it due to wide seam between his guard and footwork. Manny has to cut ring down, Put his punches together and maintain balance. When Manny attacks move off to Manny's right away from the left hand. Make him reach and open more of a target. Don't create to much space, stay at long range and keep fight centre ring!. Marquez had joy with looping right hand counters, Bradley throws good looping shots. There's so much there for him in this fight, It's not totally one sided but these are my views on why the Storm will take out Pac-Man.

I feel Bradley will win, I think a UD is to optimistic. A split or majority is nearer to truth. One judge will favor Manny's work even if it's not that effective..

Last edited by SkillspayBills; 05-11-2012 at 08:26 AM.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:40 AM   #78
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Looks like Manny is expecting Bradley to press the fight, there gonna use a up jab and side step away from his attacks.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:51 AM   #79
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEKqGBSctDw&feature=related[/ame]
Old 05-11-2012, 09:20 AM   #80
perspicacity
Raising The Bar
ESB Addict

vCash: 185000

It sounds as though a lot of the theories in here are based on Bradley peaking and Pacquiao being on the downslide, and I can understand that.

Manny has went from throwing 1000+ punches against Margarito, to 750+ punches against Mosley, down to 570+ in the Marquez fight.

I know they are only stats but add in the fact he took a few hits from a massive Margarito, complained of leg cramps and struggled to get off against Mosley, and dropped his output almost looking confused at times against Marquez and it might just be true he is slipping.

This is what intrigues me most about this fight and especially off the back of Mayweather/Cotto.

However, Bradley's lack of power and Pacquiao's abundance of it should be the telling factor and Manny will be looking to impress after the Marquez performance.
perspicacity is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2012, 09:33 AM   #81
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

I think two reason's his output declined, the tactics employed by opponent and in ability physically to get close enough. Leg cramps being that factor.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:32 AM   #82
LP_1985
JMM beat Pac-Man 3 Times
East Side VIP

Location: Vicente Carrillo Fuentes Organization HQ, Home of Team Mexico
vCash: 75

where the **** is Slip
LP_1985 is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2012, 10:45 AM   #83
perspicacity
Raising The Bar
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
I think two reason's his output declined, the tactics employed by opponent and in ability physically to get close enough. Leg cramps being that factor.
Yeah I think tactics/styles are a factor, not sure about the cramps but considering he lost to Marquez I'd imagine Pacquiao will be going out to impress here.

If there are concerns Manny is on the slide then putting him in against a feather-fisted in-house fighter might not be a bad idea ...
Old 05-11-2012, 11:01 AM   #84
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

Excellent stuff, Skills . That video is a good find, too.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2012, 11:04 AM   #85
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by perspicacity View Post
Yeah I think tactics/styles are a factor, not sure about the cramps but considering he lost to Marquez I'd imagine Pacquiao will be going out to impress here.

If there are concerns Manny is on the slide then putting him in against a feather-fisted in-house fighter might not be a bad idea ...
Putting him in with Bradley is the worst idea, in my opinion. Pacquiao has to impress. He ain't gonna' get that with this opponent. Bradley's gonna' make him look bad.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:11 AM   #86
perspicacity
Raising The Bar
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Putting him in with Bradley is the worst idea, in my opinion. Pacquiao has to impress. He ain't gonna' get that with this opponent. Bradley's gonna' make him look bad.
Bradley has minimal power so Manny shouldn't take too much punishment (barring head-clashes). If his team think he could be sliding then as witnessed in his last fight the judges should be favourable if it gets messy.
Nobody looks good against Bradley it seems so they have all the bases covered.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:22 AM   #87
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by perspicacity View Post
Bradley has minimal power so Manny shouldn't take too much punishment (barring head-clashes). If his team think he could be sliding then as witnessed in his last fight the judges should be favourable if it gets messy.
Nobody looks good against Bradley it seems so they have all the bases covered.
Yeah, I get what you mean.

It's just that I feel a simple 'W' alone won't be good enough for Pac. He's had a miserable 2011, and the public wants to see the Pac of 2009/10. Getting a scrappy win or at worst another gift decision, won't help his cause. He needs a dominating performance - and for that they need a come forward fighter that gets dazzled by movement and angles.

Last edited by Uncle Rico; 05-11-2012 at 12:34 PM.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:56 PM   #88
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP_1985 View Post
where the **** is Slip
Got a kid on the way pal, Think he's becoming housewife for next 9 months.

Cheers Rico , Pers hear what your saying but i remember people saying same after Mosley. He's not finding it easy to turn on the switch to perform each time now. I think there extremely naive if they think Bradley's just gonna bull forward.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:09 PM   #89
Prince.
24/7 365
East Side Guru

This is a great thread.

If Timmy does win it will be by UD but will Bobfather allow Timmy to win via UD or will Manny pick up the win.

Khan was saying (before his fight got cancelled) that me and manny have the same gameplan cos both peterson and tim lead with thier heads..
Prince. is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2012, 05:29 AM   #90
perspicacity
Raising The Bar
ESB Addict

BORKED

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum