Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-13-2012, 05:57 AM   #91
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: ++++Manny Pacquiao vs Timothy Bradley: Technical/Tactical Breakdown Thread++++

Technically, he can do it. He has the technique and skills. Does he have the mental ability to execute. That is what I need to see in this fight.

I was unimpressed with his approach against Alexander. He was fighting someone negative but I still felt he was getting wild and relying on big rights. Conversely I think that he actually looked quite good against Casamayor and approached a tricky southpaw in the right way. Undoubtedly both fights had alot to do with the person he was fighting. Pac is a tricky southpaw but he will engage and that can be a key factor.

Personally I think Pac used to be a really good one dimensional brawler. He'd put it on you and keep that ferocious pace, speed and power until you broke. Credit to him he then began to evolve and we saw the different sides of him in the Morales trilogy. However as he evolved into a much better boxer he deterioated significantly as a come forward fighter and I think JMM and Mosley took advantage of that. Alot was said of how poor Mosley was but for me I think Pac was very poor. He struggled to cut off the ring and land more than one punch at a time. This brings me to my point - to my knowledge Bradley wants to beat him on the front foot, use good footwork to stay with him etc I think very few people in the world can do that. JMM/Mosley showed the blueprint as did Morales. Cotto did well against Pac when he boxed but then when he went forward he got lit up.

Pac has become a VERY good boxer. Crazy angles, walks you onto huge shots and that is what made him look so invincible. They matched him with comeforward fighters that made him look a million dollars - Diaz, Hatton, Margo, even Cotto. Put him in with boxers and he lost one and looked awful in another - JMM and Mosley. Bradley is not as talented as the come forward fighters mentioned but I believe he could be better technically.

Statistically it is very unlikely that Bradley will succeed where other comeforward fights have and will fail. Despite having the technical ability to do it most fail with the mental aspect of executing and if things are a bit equal then Pacs insane talent level can be the difference.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2012, 09:05 AM   #92
bam bam
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: ++++Manny Pacquiao vs Timothy Bradley: Technical/Tactical Breakdown Thread++++

BORKED
bam bam is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2012, 09:08 AM   #93
bam bam
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Tims daddy is crazy as hell
bam bam is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2012, 01:14 PM   #94
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bam bam View Post
Tims daddy is crazy as hell
'Dad you crying?' 'err yea..yeah son, yeah son, just tears of joy'.

Ray Bradley is a legend, Thanks for posting that enjoyed it. The suicidal thoughts is very brave and honest of him to say.

June 9th. Bradley gonna shock the world!.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2012, 01:47 PM   #95
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

I'm calling headclash NC
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2012, 02:33 PM   #96
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
I'm calling headclash NC
I agree there's a big possibility, Timmy comes in with head and so does Manny and Orthodox vs Southpaw. There's bound to be a few..
Old 05-15-2012, 07:42 AM   #97
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Scene it, Gotta agree with Tim..

“He fights just like Hatton with a stronger chin,” said Roach to The Philippine Star. “He thinks he’s the best conditioned boxer in the world. For sure, he works out everyday. From what I know, he walks around at 165 pounds with very little body fat. He’s all muscle. I don’t think he’ll come in lighter than Manny.”

Bradley (28-0, 12KOs) challenges Pacquiao (54-3-2, 38KOs) on June 9th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

"I hear Freddie Roach is comparing me to Ricky Hatton and I'm like 'dude, you guys are retarded if you think I fight like Ricky Hatton.' Honestly, but no offense, what you guys looking at? And then they bring in this Russian guy [Ruslan Provodnikov] who comes forward and is a banger, and I'm like 'wow, these guys really don't know what I can do.' It's funny, they think I'm just this face-first brawler and I'm like 'you guys are going to be in for a rude awakening.' I can fight, I can box and I can brawl," Bradley said.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:37 AM   #98
mishima
Contender
ESB Senior Member

it's all mind games from Roach

I remember years ago reading about Roach being impressed by Bradley sparring at the Wildcard
mishima is offline  Top
Old 05-15-2012, 08:43 AM   #99
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

It maybe so, Roach has become rather arrogant though and i do wonder how much more he can add to Manny's game now. I haven't seen much development in last year or two.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:48 AM   #100
bam bam
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
Scene it, Gotta agree with Tim..

He fights just like Hatton with a stronger chin, said Roach to The Philippine Star. He thinks hes the best conditioned boxer in the world. For sure, he works out everyday. From what I know, he walks around at 165 pounds with very little body fat. Hes all muscle. I dont think hell come in lighter than Manny.

Bradley (28-0, 12KOs) challenges Pacquiao (54-3-2, 38KOs) on June 9th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

"I hear Freddie Roach is comparing me to Ricky Hatton and I'm like 'dude, you guys are retarded if you think I fight like Ricky Hatton.' Honestly, but no offense, what you guys looking at? And then they bring in this Russian guy [Ruslan Provodnikov] who comes forward and is a banger, and I'm like 'wow, these guys really don't know what I can do.' It's funny, they think I'm just this face-first brawler and I'm like 'you guys are going to be in for a rude awakening.' I can fight, I can box and I can brawl," Bradley said.
Yeah I think this is just Freddie stirring the pot a bit. Trying to wind Tim up I reckon
bam bam is offline  Top
Old 05-15-2012, 08:49 AM   #101
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

I did see what Kellerman was saying about Bradley, Tim does grind his teeth when annoyed. It's silly he needs to now allow Roach's silly games to affect him. Just keep calm, and execute Mr.Diaz plan on June 9th.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:22 AM   #102
pathmanc1986
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

bradley seems like a good person
pathmanc1986 is offline  Top
Old 05-20-2012, 06:06 AM   #103
perspicacity
Raising The Bar
ESB Addict

vCash: 185000

Pac Bradley 24/7 Episode 1 ...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZVwrXyZWYM&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
perspicacity is offline  Top
Old 05-20-2012, 06:13 AM   #104
Spearmint Rhino
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I think Roach gets overrated as a trainer personally, and he's most certainly on the way out.

Comparing him to Hatton is just stirring it a bit, mind.

It's Alex Ariza who I really wish would just **** off and die, really hate that cunt.

I still think Manny wins this fight, but I hope it's his last.
Spearmint Rhino is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2012, 04:20 PM   #105
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Bradley media workout live streaming.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum