Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 02-08-2012, 04:07 AM   #1
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1449
Default Any more news on who will be on the undercards of this months K2 and Povetkin fights?

Vitali vs Chisora
Banks vs Firtha
Stephen Smith vs TBA
Serhiy Fedchenko vs TBA
Timo Schwartzkopf vs Andre Deobald
Gabor Veto vs TBA

Povetkin vs Huck
Dominik Britsch vs Roberto Santos
Marcos Nader vs Baker Barakat
Jack Culcay vs Salvatore Annunziata
Edmund Gerber vs TBA
Krull vs TBA

Wlad Klitschko vs Mormeck

Any ideas who some of those TBA's might be? I'm especially interested in seeing who Gerber is matched against, 2012 could be a big break out year for him.

You would have to imagine that Ustinov will be added to the Mormeck card, certainly someone half decent is going to have to be added to that soon and he is a K2 fighter after all.
Manning is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2012, 02:47 PM   #2
Malden
East Side Guru

vCash: 284988
Default Re: Any more news on who will be on the undercards of this months K2 and Povetkin fig

Not heard or read who the TBA´s could be, but Banks and Fedchenko are pretty decent already, So i dont think we see Ustinov.

But then again, It is over a year ago that Ustinov was on a K2 card.
Malden is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2012, 02:49 PM   #3
Cafe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 277
Default Re: Any more news on who will be on the undercards of this months K2 and Povetkin fig

Hope it's not Ustinov, that guy is terrible. Maybe Golovkin?
Cafe is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2012, 02:55 PM   #4
Malden
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafe View Post
We can always hope

K2 tried to get Afolabi - BJ Flores for the WBO interim title, but Flores wanted more time to prepare. So Afolabi being added to the card is a possibility as well.
Malden is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2012, 09:59 PM   #5
Nosbor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

I hate those White McFit ring canvas/aprons they use. They are a real eye sore. Chisora is going to make one huge stain on it anyway!!!
Nosbor is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2012, 05:51 AM   #6
Ryan O'Reilly
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 7691

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafe View Post
Ustinov probably crushes everybody not named Klitschko, even against them he stands a strong punchers chance.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ3Wj9-RSzI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ3Wj9-RSzI[/ame]

You can take zero chances against this kind of power. With his power and his iron chin Ustinov is not to be underestimated. Ustinov is one of those fighters that is damn unlucky to be fighting in such a tough era, in quite a few other era's he would have been unstoppable. Jack Johnson's era for instance.
Ryan O'Reilly is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2012, 07:07 AM   #7
Malden
East Side Guru

An opponent for Gerber could be Matt Skelton (Who he was going to fight in December, until Skelton pulled out. Geber instead flattened an ameribum in 18 seconds)

But Skelton is cheduled to fight Tom Dallas a week later, so I doubt he fights Gerber (For now at least)
Malden is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2012, 08:22 AM   #8
Cafe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 277

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan O'Reilly View Post
Ustinov probably crushes everybody not named Klitschko, even against them he stands a strong punchers chance.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

You can take zero chances against this kind of power. With his power and his iron chin Ustinov is not to be underestimated. Ustinov is one of those fighters that is damn unlucky to be fighting in such a tough era, in quite a few other era's he would have been unstoppable. Jack Johnson's era for instance.
The only thing he has is size, I dislike heavies that depend purely on size to win matches (although I don't like Klitscko's that much they are not included since they have some skill).
Cafe is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2012, 09:48 AM   #9
damian38
El Chicano- #1 GGG fan
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Afolabi-Kolodziej would be a good match-up, didn't happen on Adamek-Klitschko undercard because of Kolodziej's injury, maybe it will happen this time?
damian38 is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2012, 02:26 PM   #10
Bubby
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

[quote=Nosbor;12019143]I hate those White McFit ring canvas/aprons they use. They are a real eye sore. Chisora is going to make one huge stain on it anyway!!![/quote]Actually Chisora may do that before the fight even starts.
Bubby is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2012, 06:04 PM   #11
Malden
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning View Post
Vitali vs Chisora
Banks vs Firtha
Stephen Smith vs TBA
Serhiy Fedchenko vs TBA
Timo Schwartzkopf vs Andre Deobald
Gabor Veto vs TBA

Povetkin vs Huck
Dominik Britsch vs Roberto Santos
Marcos Nader vs Baker Barakat
Jack Culcay vs Salvatore Annunziata
Edmund Gerber vs TBA
Krull vs TBA

Wlad Klitschko vs Mormeck

Any ideas who some of those TBA's might be? I'm especially interested in seeing who Gerber is matched against, 2012 could be a big break out year for him.

You would have to imagine that Ustinov will be added to the Mormeck card, certainly someone half decent is going to have to be added to that soon and he is a K2 fighter after all.
Edmund Gerber now scheduled against often used opponent (By Sauerland rivals Arena) Oleksiy Mazikin.
Malden is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2012, 05:44 AM   #12
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1449

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malden View Post
Edmund Gerber now scheduled against often used opponent (By Sauerland rivals Arena) Oleksiy Mazikin.
That looks like another good fight on paper. If Gerber can get the KO here he will really be setting a marker down.
Manning is offline  Top
Old 02-10-2012, 08:00 AM   #13
Malden
East Side Guru

Quote:
That looks like another good fight on paper. If Gerber can get the KO here he will really be setting a marker down.
I agree.

The week after Mazikin is scheduled to fight Erkan Teper. So he gets his usual Arena-paycheck soon as well. If he goes the distance against Gerber at least.

Have a feeling that a TKO or KO loss would not ruin it though, unless brutal.
Malden is offline  Top
Old 02-11-2012, 02:08 PM   #14
Malden
East Side Guru

Quote:

Stephen Smith - Arpad Vass

Serhiy Fedchenko - Laszlo Fazekas

Jens Krull - Alexander Kahl

Smith and Fedchenko meets typical Hungarians with padded records. Should be easy wins. Showcase fights.

Krull, who is pretty horrible I think (Thought Sauerland had got rid of him) also faces a guy with a padded record (Lost to everyone with a positive record, and even one guy who was 1-10-2)
Malden is offline  Top
Old 02-11-2012, 03:21 PM   #15
Zacker
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malden View Post
Stephen Smith - Arpad Vass

Serhiy Fedchenko - Laszlo Fazekas

Jens Krull - Alexander Kahl

Smith and Fedchenko meets typical Hungarians with padded records. Should be easy wins. Showcase fights.

Krull, who is pretty horrible I think (Thought Sauerland had got rid of him) also faces a guy with a padded record (Lost to everyone with a positive record, and even one guy who was 1-10-2)
I saw Kahl against Juan Carlos Gomez once. At the time Gomez was pretty fat and out of shape and couldn't run after Kahl fast enough to hit him. Still I think he managed a few knock downs. Without really hitting him since as I said, Gomez couldn run fast enough to do that. If Krull isn't very good though, it could be fun to watch.
Zacker is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum