boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Fantasy Boxing Betting > Non Boxing Betting

Old 02-08-2012, 09:45 PM   #1
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

vCash: 177
Default Enough is enough. Give me mod powers for the ****ing UFC events.

No disrespect to IntentionalButt, who does the best job he can with what he is given, but this forum is a ****ing joke. It's nothing but no-name events where a massive favourite pays $.10, $.25 or $.40 on the dollar. Months and months go by before there is a proper high-level, competitive matchup.

Meanwhile, literally every month there are UFC pay per views with two or three or four pick 'em fights between champions and top contenders. Matches where the real betters can come out, where you aren't betting 20k to gain 2k.

We can't bet on competitive fights between Diaz and Condit or Edgar and Henderson, matches where the fan opinion is 50/50 and any result seems very possible. But we can make 10 cents on the dollar betting on Vitali to beat up a nobody.

This forum is a ****ing ghost town, people have been asking about this for MONTHS, and yet nothing happens. WHATEVER the reasoning is for not offering bets on the UFC or the NFL, it's stupid. VBookie is a really fun addition to the forum, yet the mods and admin seem determined to choke the life out of it by keeping it as limited and boring as possible.

Give me the power to make betting events for the pay per views and the Fox cards. I'll get the word out on the MMA forum.

What's the worst that can happen? Nobody comes to this subforum?

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2012, 02:49 PM   #2
Samurai's Slice
ESB Legend
East Side Guru

Location: Follow my blog, Boxing Legends on Facebook for the most up to date boxing news!
vCash: 163
Default Re: Enough is enough. Give me mod powers for the ****ing UFC events.

Exactly. I like Boxing way more then UFC/MMA but I follow MMA with interest and there are great fights at each event that are hard to call, Mostly UFC.

Look at UFC 144: Edgar-Henderson, Jackson-Bader, Okami-Boetsch, and Pettis-Lauzon are all close, Intriguing that you could get big paydays on.
Samurai's Slice is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2012, 03:10 PM   #3
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 46300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai's Slice View Post
Exactly. I like Boxing way more then UFC/MMA but I follow MMA with interest and there are great fights at each event that are hard to call, Mostly UFC.

Look at UFC 144: Edgar-Henderson, Jackson-Bader, Okami-Boetsch, and Pettis-Lauzon are all close, Intriguing that you could get big paydays on.
The counter-argument to that (and this is just me playing devil's advocate; I don't really have a dog in this race beyond my own personal aversion to the headache of running a bunch of events for a sport I don't really follow very closely myself anymore) is that this is a boxing website. It isn't a combat sports website. It isn't EastSideBoxingAndMMA. It's ESB. We have vBookie as a fun way for boxing fans to punt for bragging rights based on their boxing acumen.

If we have a huge influx of non-boxing events (MMA, baseball, whatever) it kind of undermines that basic principle. Someone can bet exclusively on non-boxing related events and rack up a huge vCash total, and then brag about how they are such a boxing expert because, "just look at my vCash". It's one thing to have occasional non-boxing events strewn about here and there - for instance, I always do the NBA playoffs...and the World Cup and stuff like that. To have too much, however - especially to the extent that it drowns out the boxing events, as Haggis seems to be suggesting - really does undermine the fact that it's first and foremost a Fantasy BOXING Betting subforum on a boxing website.
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2012, 09:36 AM   #4
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
The counter-argument to that (and this is just me playing devil's advocate; I don't really have a dog in this race beyond my own personal aversion to the headache of running a bunch of events for a sport I don't really follow very closely myself anymore) is that this is a boxing website. It isn't a combat sports website. It isn't EastSideBoxingAndMMA. It's ESB. We have vBookie as a fun way for boxing fans to punt for bragging rights based on their boxing acumen.

If we have a huge influx of non-boxing events (MMA, baseball, whatever) it kind of undermines that basic principle. Someone can bet exclusively on non-boxing related events and rack up a huge vCash total, and then brag about how they are such a boxing expert because, "just look at my vCash". It's one thing to have occasional non-boxing events strewn about here and there - for instance, I always do the NBA playoffs...and the World Cup and stuff like that. To have too much, however - especially to the extent that it drowns out the boxing events, as Haggis seems to be suggesting - really does undermine the fact that it's first and foremost a Fantasy BOXING Betting subforum on a boxing website.
This boxing forum has a subforum for exactly one other sport.

MMA.

It's right there on the quicklinks at the top of every page. Why should we be able to bet on the NBA, just because you personally enjoy basketball, but we can't bet on the most visible and most interesting combat sport?

Also, you don't need to be any kind of boxing expert to rack up vcash. When a fight comes around, just bet half your bankroll on the favourite. The only fights that seem to get made are fights in which one fighter is going to win at least 9 times out of 10.

Old 02-16-2012, 10:49 AM   #5
blacktopbully
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

is this even up for debate?
blacktopbully is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2012, 02:17 PM   #6
Samurai's Slice
ESB Legend
East Side Guru

Location: Follow my blog, Boxing Legends on Facebook for the most up to date boxing news!
vCash: 163

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
This boxing forum has a subforum for exactly one other sport.

MMA.

It's right there on the quicklinks at the top of every page. Why should we be able to bet on the NBA, just because you personally enjoy basketball, but we can't bet on the most visible and most interesting combat sport?

Also, you don't need to be any kind of boxing expert to rack up vcash. When a fight comes around, just bet half your bankroll on the favourite. The only fights that seem to get made are fights in which one fighter is going to win at least 9 times out of 10.

That I agree with. But I will not oppose Basketball Vbookies because I like them also And MMA is NOT the most entertaining combat sport. BOXING is.

I agree though. If we got Basketball and stuff like that in the Subforum that have nothing to do with boxing, Why not get the 2nd major combat sport, MMA?
Samurai's Slice is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2012, 04:47 PM   #7
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553

I asked Boxing Girl, and that went nowhere. Either the owner of this site never heard from us, or the powers that be don't want Mixed Martial Arts bets on a regular basis.
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2012, 07:08 PM   #8
elTerrible
TeamElite General Manager
East Side Guru

Maybe because this isnt a UFC forum is why there isnt as much focus on UFC fights? Jesus christ you are a cry baby
elTerrible is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2012, 02:35 AM   #9
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by elTerrible View Post
Maybe because this isnt a UFC forum is why there isnt as much focus on UFC fights? Jesus christ you are a cry baby
There's an MMA subforum here.

For months, there have been many posters asking for MMA events to be put up.

Sure I sound like a **** in the opening post, but it isn't just me calling for MMA events to be included. Not by a long chalk.

Old 02-26-2012, 08:08 AM   #10
David B
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Location: How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?

agreed
if Harris wants to be responsible for the MMA bets let him do it.
don't see what the problem is really
they bet on basketball so why not on another combat sport
David B is offline  Top
Old 02-28-2012, 05:12 PM   #11
getup
Say Yeah!
ESB Full Member

vCash: 377

vote yes on issue 1
getup is offline  Top
Old 02-28-2012, 10:21 PM   #12
Uncle Roger
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1877

MMA is gay. **** off with that load of garbage.
Uncle Roger is offline  Top
Old 03-14-2012, 09:26 PM   #13
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict

4 of the last 5 events have had the favourite paying 0.10, 0.12, 0.14 and 0.20 on the dollar.

You won't see that on a UFC card.

It's part of the sad state of the game, but we REALLY need some pick 'em fights to bet on. Boxing just doesn't do that more than a handful of times per year. Most fights are ridiculous mismatches.

Old 03-26-2012, 03:38 AM   #14
Lynchburg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1449

Let's make it happen...

It won't happen

I can see what Ibutt is saying though however we do have bets for other sports so why not MMA.

I have already said I will take charge of it but i'm not sure who has the power to give out the vPower...

Lynchburg
Lynchburg is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2012, 02:46 AM   #15
KINGOFTHE1ROUND
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 337

MMA is gay
KINGOFTHE1ROUND is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Fantasy Boxing Betting > Non Boxing Betting