Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 02-13-2012, 12:09 AM   #1
Cachibatches
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Andrzej Wawrzyk- Claus Bertino Feb 18, Pala-Airsch 2 March 9

Wawrzyk has been coming on a bit lately, though overshadowed by his countrymen. I find this fight intruiging because Bertino has an increadible amatuer background with an Olympic silver medal, and yet has had a poor time in the pros. Curious if anyone has an oppinion on why he doesn't do better, and if he might show up an make this a fight.

Not sure what to make of Pala. After fighting unneccesarily against Mazakin a second time, he is now taking on Airsch for a second time. A lot of us want to see this guy take off- this is not the way to do it.
Cachibatches is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2012, 06:49 AM   #2
zxcvbnm
#TeamHWFuture
ESB Addict

vCash: 544
Default Re: Andrzej Wawrzyk- Claus Bertino Feb 18, Pala-Airsch 2 March 9

Does Bertino have an incredible amateur record? I'm almost certain he never won an Olympic medal, his best amateur achievement appears to be finishing as runner-up to Cammarelle in a minor tournament for Euro fighters.

I agree that Wawrzyk has improved lately though, he's shown a lot more power lately and he is still only 24 so plenty of time to improve. I reckon he beats Bertino by late stoppage/wide UD.

As for Pala vs Airich, it's not a bad fight as Airich has improved lately, but Pala needs to step up, I think he needs to leave Ahmet Oner who doesn't hold much clout anymore and sign with Sauerland maybe?

Also Manuel Charr fights Taras Bidenko on March 30, probably Charr's toughest opponent yet, I reckon Bidenko could take that fight as Charr is far from being a decent prospect.
zxcvbnm is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2012, 07:10 AM   #3
damian38
El Chicano- #1 GGG fan
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Wawrzyk's had problems with his hand, that's why his KO % is only 50-something %, but even though he's overshadowed by Szpilka's popularity, he's improved alot in the last year

As for Pala, he really needs to step up and face new, tougher opponents, instead of rematching guy's he already beat
damian38 is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2012, 11:04 AM   #4
Malden
East Side Guru

vCash: 284988

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cachibatches View Post
Wawrzyk has been coming on a bit lately, though overshadowed by his countrymen. I find this fight intruiging because Bertino has an increadible amatuer background with an Olympic silver medal, and yet has had a poor time in the pros. Curious if anyone has an oppinion on why he doesn't do better, and if he might show up an make this a fight.

Not sure what to make of Pala. After fighting unneccesarily against Mazakin a second time, he is now taking on Airsch for a second time. A lot of us want to see this guy take off- this is not the way to do it.
Bertino has never been to the Olympics. He has defeated Paolo Vidoz in the pros though. Vidoz won a bronze in Sydney in 2000. Maybe you got it mixed up?

As for Bertinos pro career: There was some hope in the start with him. Won the Danish Championship in his seventh fight against 25-2 Steffen Nielsen, but then ran into a suprising knockout defeat against portuguese journeyman Humberto Evora (On the Kessler-Andrade undercard)

He then won four fights, until Kessler and others left Team Palle. He was then inactive for a year, before going to Russia and meeting then undefeated Maxim Vlasov. A fight he retired with an injured shoulder.

Returning seven months later in january 2010, he fought Paolo Vidoz (Former pro European Champion) in a stern assignment and won a close fight. Could have gone both ways. That was on the undercard of Mads Larsen - Brian Magee. A card put in place by former European champion Hans Henrik Palm and a TV-contract was in place as well, but Mads Larsens defeat meant that it did not continue. Things were apparently dependend on a Larsen victory. Mads Larsen has still not recieved his money from that fight.

Then Bertino got his momentum destroyed yet again, this time by injury. Returned against Journeyman Gabor Farkas in february last year as the only pro fight on a bill in Ballerup near Copenhagen.

Then again a year of inactivtiy till this fight appeared. He is free of his contract with Palle in January, but he really should have got out of that before.
Malden is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2012, 01:03 PM   #5
pirao666
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Pala should really step it up, I don't know if he's mismanaged or what, but at this rate his career will never amount to anything.
pirao666 is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2012, 01:36 PM   #6
Cachibatches
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malden View Post
Bertino has never been to the Olympics. He has defeated Paolo Vidoz in the pros though. Vidoz won a bronze in Sydney in 2000. Maybe you got it mixed up?

As for Bertinos pro career: There was some hope in the start with him. Won the Danish Championship in his seventh fight against 25-2 Steffen Nielsen, but then ran into a suprising knockout defeat against portuguese journeyman Humberto Evora (On the Kessler-Andrade undercard)

He then won four fights, until Kessler and others left Team Palle. He was then inactive for a year, before going to Russia and meeting then undefeated Maxim Vlasov. A fight he retired with an injured shoulder.

Returning seven months later in january 2010, he fought Paolo Vidoz (Former pro European Champion) in a stern assignment and won a close fight. Could have gone both ways. That was on the undercard of Mads Larsen - Brian Magee. A card put in place by former European champion Hans Henrik Palm and a TV-contract was in place as well, but Mads Larsens defeat meant that it did not continue. Things were apparently dependend on a Larsen victory. Mads Larsen has still not recieved his money from that fight.

Then Bertino got his momentum destroyed yet again, this time by injury. Returned against Journeyman Gabor Farkas in february last year as the only pro fight on a bill in Ballerup near Copenhagen.

Then again a year of inactivtiy till this fight appeared. He is free of his contract with Palle in January, but he really should have got out of that before.
Oh I see, I misread. He never was in the Olympics, but he does have a very good amatuer career. Still curiou sif this guy could do better.

Thanks a million for the info on the injuries.

Gold Medal Winner Vestjysk Box Cup 2000
Danske Novice Championships 2001
HSK Box Cup 2001

Zealandic championships 2002
Danish Championships 2002
Viking Box Cup 2003
Zealandic championships 2003
Bolton Box Cup, England, 2003
Trondheim Box Cup, Norway 2003
Zealandic championships 2004
Danish Championships 2004
Give Elementer Box Cup 2004
BoxAm, Almaria, Spain, 2004
Zealandic championships 2005
Danish Championships 2005
HSK Box Cup 2005
Give Elementer Box Cup 2005
Copenhagen Box Cup 2005
Silver Medal winner Acropolis, Greece, 2002
Copenhagen Box Cup 2002
Uppsala Box Cup, Sweden, 2003
Danish Championships 2003
Cachibatches is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2012, 01:41 PM   #7
Uncle Roger
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1877

do you guys think Wawrzyk can achieve something in boxing? I saw some of his fights and I wasnt really impressed. I know he's young and all, but he doesnt seem like a legit contender.
Uncle Roger is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2012, 01:52 PM   #8
Malden
East Side Guru

vCash: 284988

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cachibatches View Post
Oh I see, I misread. He never was in the Olympics, but he does have a very good amatuer career. Still curiou sif this guy could do better.

Thanks a million for the info on the injuries.

Gold Medal Winner Vestjysk Box Cup 2000
Danske Novice Championships 2001
HSK Box Cup 2001

Zealandic championships 2002
Danish Championships 2002
Viking Box Cup 2003
Zealandic championships 2003
Bolton Box Cup, England, 2003
Trondheim Box Cup, Norway 2003
Zealandic championships 2004
Danish Championships 2004
Give Elementer Box Cup 2004
BoxAm, Almaria, Spain, 2004
Zealandic championships 2005
Danish Championships 2005
HSK Box Cup 2005
Give Elementer Box Cup 2005
Copenhagen Box Cup 2005
Silver Medal winner Acropolis, Greece, 2002
Copenhagen Box Cup 2002
Uppsala Box Cup, Sweden, 2003
Danish Championships 2003
No problem

Yup, he did not do bad at all. Copenhagen Box Cup is a very good tournament for example. I was not into boxing that much when he was an amateur, but I remember reading about him quite often in my local newspaper (He boxed for the local club as an amateur)

I hope he can pull it off against Wawrzyk. This is not some last minute thing. He had a few months to prepare.

He is trained by his uncle, who I know

But im worried about the inactivity, and think he is gonna lose this. I mostly that he does well and dont get stopped.

I must add that the fight with Maslov was quite even and that the Russian seemed very happy that it ended

Last edited by Malden; 02-13-2012 at 02:19 PM.
Malden is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum