Add Michael Grant
boxingbull is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2012, 04:40 PM   #33
godlikerich
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Glass Jaws of the Decade: '00-'10

When the thread starter demonstrates that he can take the punches that the men he claims have glass jaws have taken, then maybe he can talk. I'd like to see him take the shots that Prescott landed on Khan; the shots that Tarver and Lebedev landed on Jones; those that Maccarinelli took from Haye and Frenkel; those that Taylor took from Pavlik and Abraham; the shot Hatton took from Pacquiao and the punches Sanchez took from Hamed. Let's look at the pattern here. Ah yes most of the guys that got knocked out on the list were hit with MONSTER punches by BIG hitters. Have you even seen some of the shots landed on these guys? I don't ever swear at people on ESB but you chinchecker chumps are ****ing bellends.
godlikerich is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2012, 04:40 PM   #34
timagen
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Did Lennox make the top 20?
timagen is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2012, 04:43 PM   #35
sdsfinest22
Pound 4 Pound
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

So when we talk 80s do we go from 1980-1990...I never seen it done that way-
A decade is always 00-09 ...lol at the TS.
sdsfinest22 is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2012, 04:46 PM   #36
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by godlikerich View Post
When the thread starter demonstrates that he can take the punches that the men he claims have glass jaws have taken, then maybe he can talk. I'd like to see him take the shots that Prescott landed on Khan; the shots that Tarver and Lebedev landed on Jones; those that Maccarinelli took from Haye and Frenkel; those that Taylor took from Pavlik and Abraham; the shot Hatton took from Pacquiao and the punches Sanchez took from Hamed. Let's look at the pattern here. Ah yes most of the guys that got knocked out on the list were hit with MONSTER punches by BIG hitters. Have you even seen some of the shots landed on these guys? I don't ever swear at people on ESB but you chinchecker chumps are ****ing bellends.
You can get upset all you want but it is not my fault that your heroes have Glass Jaws. I didn't construct their Mandibles out of dried horse shit, nature did, I simply made an irrefutable list of the biggest China Chinned Chumps from that decade in Boxing. Glass Jaws Exist In Boxing. It is best that you understand this and don't let it upset you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timagen View Post
Did Lennox make the top 20?
Lennox is a strange case. At times, particularly the Rahman and McCall losses, he appeared to have the typical British Grade AAA China Chin but in other fights he demonstrated above-average punch resistance. He had shaky whiskers but I wouldn't even have him in the Top 20 because there are far bigger Glass Jawed Jokes to choose from.
MetalMandible is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2012, 04:49 PM   #37
KO-KING
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 119

08. Jermain Taylor stamina problems not chin
09. Ricky Hatton dropped twice before pacquiao where his punch resistance went by then
02. Amir Khan has taken lot of punishment dropped 0 times at 140
KO-KING is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2012, 04:50 PM   #38
Boro chris
Champion
East Side Guru

Location: I'm not Jesus Christ. I've come to accept that now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher View Post
You forgot to put at number 1: people who've never boxed, never would have the balls to do so but talk about fighters chins
Amen. Chin checkers seem to think its perfectly fine to mock and disrespect people who participate in really brutal and unforgiving sport.Nothing but contempt for the whole lot of them.
Boro chris is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2012, 04:51 PM   #39
Hattons Hook
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Post a video of you getting punched full on in the face then ill start treating this horseshit with any interest.
Hattons Hook is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2012, 04:53 PM   #40
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO-KING View Post
08. Jermain Taylor stamina problems not chin
09. Ricky Hatton dropped twice before pacquiao where his punch resistance went by then
02. Amir Khan has taken lot of punishment dropped 0 times at 140

Taylor has been brutally and embarrassingly KOed in three of four losses. I am sorry to tell you this, but that is not a sign of stamina issues (which he does have) but irrefutable evidence to the fact that his Chin is softer than Silly Putty.

And Hatton was starched by Floyd who is absolutely feather fisted at 147, the joke KOed himself on the ringpost for ****'s sake. Also, the first two knockdowns against Pac were not the result of huge punches. He does not of a Chin. End of.

Lastly, how you can defend Khan's Fragile Glass Mandible is beyond me. The only fight where he took punishment from someone who could punch was Maidana and not only is Maidana's punching power overrated to begin with, he was more winded than a cancer patient by the time he started landing. Khan has a Glass Jaw. It is not up for debate.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:55 PM   #41
DanishFightfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 4021

Couldn't you make a thread about a top 10 Iron jaws of the decade?
DanishFightfan is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2012, 04:56 PM   #42
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanishFightfan View Post
Couldn't you make a thread about a top 10 Iron jaws of the decade?
I probably will make an Iron Chinned Warriors thread at some point but at this juncture in time we are discussing the Glass Jaws.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:58 PM   #43
AnotherFan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMandible View Post

Taylor has been brutally and embarrassingly KOed in three of four losses. I am sorry to tell you this, but that is not a sign of stamina issues (which he does have) but irrefutable evidence to the fact that his Chin is softer than Silly Putty.

And Hatton was starched by Floyd who is absolutely feather fisted at 147, the joke KOed himself on the ringpost for ****'s sake. Also, the first two knockdowns against Pac were not the result of huge punches. He does not of a Chin. End of.

Lastly, how you can defend Khan's Fragile Glass Mandible is beyond me. The only fight where he took punishment from someone who could punch was Maidana and not only is Maidana's punching power overrated to begin with, he was more winded than a cancer patient by the time he started landing. Khan has a Glass Jaw. It is not up for debate.
Kahns stamina is excellent, and he makes good use of it. I was impressed by Lamont Peterson beeing able to throw anything decent at him after all the running he had to do beforehand. It seems Kahn running backwards is actually as fast as a normal athlete running forwards
AnotherFan is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2012, 04:58 PM   #44
DanishFightfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 4021

Quote:
I probably will make an Iron Chinned Warriors thread at some point but at this juncture in time we are discussing the Glass Jaws.
I just like talking about Iron chins rather than glass chins ..
DanishFightfan is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2012, 05:00 PM   #45
godlikerich
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
You can get upset all you want but it is not my fault that your heroes have Glass Jaws. I didn't construct their Mandibles out of dried horse shit, nature did, I simply made an irrefutable list of the biggest China Chinned Chumps from that decade in Boxing. Glass Jaws Exist In Boxing. It is best that you understand this and don't let it upset you.
None of those fighters are my heroes. You don't know me other than by what I comment. From what you write you are either a goon with no real appreciation of the sweet science, or a troll. Either way you are irritating. Glass jaws are a construct of internet forums such as this one where keyboard warriors have nothing better to do than to hate on accomplished fighters, and/or piss people off.

There is a real lack of respect for fighters on this forum. You have not achieved anything near to the men you list as 'chumps' have achieved athletically, nor do you appear to understand the level of dedication, talent, skill and hard work it takes to even reach C level professional level. Even if the men you list have physical weaknesses, the fact they achieved what they did in despite of this is to their credit.

Glass jaws do not exist in boxing, morons on internet forums who have a lack of love in their lives do exist however. It's a shame. The sooner you understand this and don't let it upset you to the point that you make threads being disrespectful, the sooner you will become a better human being.
godlikerich is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum