Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 02-12-2012, 05:00 PM   #46
mr fists
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: Glass Jaws of the Decade: '00-'10

Khan did have one of the worst chins I have seen, but it seems to have improved recently. He's gone from a glass jaw to a, er, plastic jaw? Dunno really
mr fists is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2012, 05:05 PM   #47
Boro chris
Champion
East Side Guru

Location: I'm not Jesus Christ. I've come to accept that now.
vCash: 1000

Weather glass jaws exist or not is irrelevant. What bothers me is the complete lack of respect these 'chin checkers' show to fighters with this apparent weakness. If anything, fighters who are more vulnerable to getting brutally ko'd require more bravery than those with iron chins so why not show them some respect instead of laughing at them and mocking them?
Boro chris is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2012, 05:09 PM   #48
Matty lll
Sweet Scientist
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher View Post
You forgot to put at number 1: people who've never boxed, never would have the balls to do so but talk about fighters chins
Matty lll is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2012, 05:21 PM   #49
Leonit
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1666

Hatton should not be in this list. His chin was bad only at the end of his career but for most of the decade it was rock solid.
Leonit is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2012, 05:26 PM   #50
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by godlikerich View Post
None of those fighters are my heroes. You don't know me other than by what I comment. From what you write you are either a goon with no real appreciation of the sweet science, or a troll. Either way you are irritating. Glass jaws are a construct of internet forums such as this one where keyboard warriors have nothing better to do than to hate on accomplished fighters, and/or piss people off.

There is a real lack of respect for fighters on this forum. You have not achieved anything near to the men you list as 'chumps' have achieved athletically, nor do you appear to understand the level of dedication, talent, skill and hard work it takes to even reach C level professional level. Even if the men you list have physical weaknesses, the fact they achieved what they did in despite of this is to their credit.

Glass jaws do not exist in boxing, morons on internet forums who have a lack of love in their lives do exist however. It's a shame. The sooner you understand this and don't let it upset you to the point that you make threads being disrespectful, the sooner you will become a better human being.
I stopped reading at the bolded line because it is sickeningly apparent that you don't know the first thing about Boxing. Glass Jaws Exist. They are real. Punch resistance is a make or break trait for most fighters and, I'm sorry to inform you, all men are not created equally in terms of ability to tolerate cranial abuse. The guys on this scientifically constructed list have all proven to have an appalling lack of punch resistance and it is not disrespect or whatever else you'd call it to point this out. I win, you lose, good bye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonit View Post
Hatton should not be in this list. His chin was bad only at the end of his career but for most of the decade it was rock solid.
It doesn't matter. What he showed at the end was a complete lack of punch resistance, bad enough to warrant his inclusion on this list. Being starched by Money May is bad, being stopped by a ringpost is laughably so.
MetalMandible is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2012, 05:43 PM   #51
Leonit
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMandible View Post
I stopped reading at the bolded line because it is sickeningly apparent that you don't know the first thing about Boxing. Glass Jaws Exist. They are real. Punch resistance is a make or break trait for most fighters and, I'm sorry to inform you, all men are not created equally in terms of ability to tolerate cranial abuse. The guys on this scientifically constructed list have all proven to have an appalling lack of punch resistance and it is not disrespect or whatever else you'd call it to point this out. I win, you lose, good bye!

It doesn't matter. What he showed at the end was a complete lack of punch resistance, bad enough to warrant his inclusion on this list. Being starched by Money May is bad, being stopped by a ringpost is laughably so.
If fallow the same logic you have to take Khan out of the list. His chin has been ok in his last 4-5 fights
Leonit is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2012, 05:48 PM   #52
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

Quote:
If fallow the same logic you have to take Khan out of the list. His chin has been ok in his last 4-5 fights
Chins do not improve, they only get worse. Khan has only looked better because after surviving Maidana, he's right back to fighting feather fisters who couldn't punch their way out of a wet paper sack.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:51 PM   #53
Leonit
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Chins do not improve, they only get worse. Khan has only looked better because after surviving Maidana, he's right back to fighting feather fisters who couldn't punch their way out of a wet paper sack.
Chins improve with conditioning every boxing expert is stating this. If you are drained at same weight and you move up your chin will also improve dramatically. There are numerous example of this fact.
Leonit is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2012, 06:00 PM   #54
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

Quote:
Chins improve with conditioning every boxing expert is stating this. If you are drained at same weight and you move up your chin will also improve dramatically. There are numerous example of this fact.
That is a myth and a fallacy. If you have the sort of dried horse shit Chin that Khan has shown time and time again conditioning is not going to help. He still goes jelly legged every single time he takes a shot and the only way conditioning has helped him is in the sense that it allows him to run backwards the entire fight without tiring. That and the fact that he hasn't been matched with anybody else who can punch is why he hasn't been flattened again, not any so-called improvements to his Chin. He is a joke.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:05 PM   #55
elTerrible
TeamElite General Manager
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Do you cover other body parts?

Vitali has an iron jaw but glass knees and glass shoulders.

What are your thoughts on DLH's body, did hopkins prove it was glass?
elTerrible is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2012, 06:06 PM   #56
Leonit
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
That is a myth and a fallacy. If you have the sort of dried horse shit Chin that Khan has shown time and time again conditioning is not going to help. He still goes jelly legged every single time he takes a shot and the only way conditioning has helped him is in the sense that it allows him to run backwards the entire fight without tiring. That and the fact that he hasn't been matched with anybody else who can punch is why he hasn't been flattened again, not any so-called improvements to his Chin. He is a joke.
Khan from Prescott fight was going to sleep by the shot that Maidana landed on him near the end of the fight. Conditioning especially improves the rate of recuperation after taking a shot. It's not my opinion it's the general opinion of boxers and trainers
Leonit is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2012, 06:17 PM   #57
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by elTerrible View Post
Do you cover other body parts?

Vitali has an iron jaw but glass knees and glass shoulders.

What are your thoughts on DLH's body, did hopkins prove it was glass?
Yes, the Chincheckers are experts in all forms of Glass, i.e. Glass Bodies, Glass Hearts, Glass Hands, etc. With body shot KOs care must be taken in moving too quickly to label one a Glass Bodied Joke because liver shots are another beast entirely. If it happens once, it was probably just a brutal shot to a spot that is vulnerable on anybody, if it happens more than once we're probably dealing with a Glass Body.

DLH only went down to a body shot once and it was right on the liver, so I chalk it up to a perfect punch. Judah, on the other hand, has also only been stopped by a body shot once but it was a piss-poor shot from a guy with pillow hands and it wasn't to the liver, therefore he has a Glass Body to go along with his well-noted Glass Jaw and Glass Heart. He is made of more Glass than was used in the construction of the World Trade Center!
Old 02-12-2012, 06:29 PM   #58
godlikerich
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
You prove the old adage that you cannot reason with an idiot. Some men can take punches better than others. That doesn't mean they have weak jaws. How do you quantify punch resistance? It is an inexact thing since one man can show tremendous chin one fight and be wobbled easily the next. In any case it is not something to bash a fighter about. It is really nothing they can help. The fact that you decide to spend your whole life focussing on fighters' ability to take shots demonstrates how sickeningly apparent that it is you who knows nothing about boxing. There is a lot more to boxing than physical attributes. A lot more. The quicker you realise that the quicker you make yourself look less ignorant. Grow up.
godlikerich is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2012, 06:47 PM   #59
Antigoon
Journeyman

vCash: 736

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher View Post
You forgot to put at number 1: people who've never boxed, never would have the balls to do so but talk about fighters chins
Antigoon is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2012, 06:51 PM   #60
Cellz831
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 327

Quote:
Yes, the Chincheckers are experts in all forms of Glass, i.e. Glass Bodies, Glass Hearts, Glass Hands, etc. With body shot KOs care must be taken in moving too quickly to label one a Glass Bodied Joke because liver shots are another beast entirely. If it happens once, it was probably just a brutal shot to a spot that is vulnerable on anybody, if it happens more than once we're probably dealing with a Glass Body.

DLH only went down to a body shot once and it was right on the liver, so I chalk it up to a perfect punch. Judah, on the other hand, has also only been stopped by a body shot once but it was a piss-poor shot from a guy with pillow hands and it wasn't to the liver, therefore he has a Glass Body to go along with his well-noted Glass Jaw and Glass Heart. He is made of more Glass than was used in the construction of the World Trade Center!
Cellz831 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum