Old 02-12-2012, 07:07 PM   #61
vnyc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Glass Jaws of the Decade: '00-'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMandible View Post
I have a Certified Iron Chin. You, however, are British so I would say that there is a 95.8% chance that you have a Glass Jaw.
vnyc is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2012, 07:19 PM   #62
knockout artist
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2666

Quote:
Yes, the Chincheckers are experts in all forms of Glass, i.e. Glass Bodies, Glass Hearts, Glass Hands, etc. With body shot KOs care must be taken in moving too quickly to label one a Glass Bodied Joke because liver shots are another beast entirely. If it happens once, it was probably just a brutal shot to a spot that is vulnerable on anybody, if it happens more than once we're probably dealing with a Glass Body.

DLH only went down to a body shot once and it was right on the liver, so I chalk it up to a perfect punch. Judah, on the other hand, has also only been stopped by a body shot once but it was a piss-poor shot from a guy with pillow hands and it wasn't to the liver, therefore he has a Glass Body to go along with his well-noted Glass Jaw and Glass Heart. He is made of more Glass than was used in the construction of the World Trade Center!

Is there any chance of 'Glass Jaws of the Decade '00-10' being made into a youtube production? The Chincheckers do claim to be all about giving the fans what they want...
knockout artist is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2012, 07:48 PM   #63
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by godlikerich View Post
You prove the old adage that you cannot reason with an idiot. Some men can take punches better than others. That doesn't mean they have weak jaws. How do you quantify punch resistance? It is an inexact thing since one man can show tremendous chin one fight and be wobbled easily the next. In any case it is not something to bash a fighter about. It is really nothing they can help. The fact that you decide to spend your whole life focussing on fighters' ability to take shots demonstrates how sickeningly apparent that it is you who knows nothing about boxing. There is a lot more to boxing than physical attributes. A lot more. The quicker you realise that the quicker you make yourself look less ignorant. Grow up.
Yes, being less able to take a punch than someone else does mean your Chin is weaker, what the **** else could it mean? If you get wobbled or knocked down by jabs or brutally and embarrassingly KOed by single punches over and over, you have a Glass Jaw. That is fact. It is not debatable.

Secondly, these "inconsistent" Chins that you reference are the exception, not the rule. There are those like Lennox Lewis who have at times looked to have China Chins and other times looked like Iron Chinned Warriors but it is not common. None of the guys on my list meet that criterion, instead they all fold like lawn chairs when punched. That means THEY HAVE GLASS JAWS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockout artist View Post
Is there any chance of 'Glass Jaws of the Decade '00-10' being made into a youtube production? The Chincheckers do claim to be all about giving the fans what they want...
I will forward the idea to 46and0 and let him know of the increasing demand that is being seen for this video but it could be awhile. He has several projects in the pipeline at the moment though I'm sure we can get this done at some point.
MetalMandible is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2012, 07:56 PM   #64
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
01. Roy Jones Jr.

02. Amir Khan

03. Enzo Maccarinelli

04. Fraudley "A-Farce" Harrison

05. Jason Litzau

06. Zab Judah

07. Augie Sanchez

08. Jermain Taylor

09. Ricky Hatton

10. Herbie Hide

Thoughts?
Nice list. James Kirkland may only be a one time offender. But his outstanding glass-jaw performance against Ishida must have him close to inclusion. Plus he's a prick and deserves it.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:02 PM   #65
Joe.Boxer
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

vCash: 240

Quote:
Originally Posted by godlikerich View Post
None of those fighters are my heroes. You don't know me other than by what I comment. From what you write you are either a goon with no real appreciation of the sweet science, or a troll. Either way you are irritating. Glass jaws are a construct of internet forums such as this one where keyboard warriors have nothing better to do than to hate on accomplished fighters, and/or piss people off.

There is a real lack of respect for fighters on this forum. You have not achieved anything near to the men you list as 'chumps' have achieved athletically, nor do you appear to understand the level of dedication, talent, skill and hard work it takes to even reach C level professional level. Even if the men you list have physical weaknesses, the fact they achieved what they did in despite of this is to their credit.

Glass jaws do not exist in boxing, morons on internet forums who have a lack of love in their lives do exist however. It's a shame. The sooner you understand this and don't let it upset you to the point that you make threads being disrespectful, the sooner you will become a better human being.
We have a severe case of glass jaw denial here, folks!
Joe.Boxer is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2012, 08:08 PM   #66
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spider View Post
Nice list. James Kirkland may only be a one time offender. But his outstanding glass-jaw performance against Ishida must have him close to inclusion. Plus he's a prick and deserves it.
Kirkland has the worst Chin in Boxing today but he had his Glass Shattered in the wrong decade for this prestigious list. Rest assured, however, that he is the guy to beat for P4P #1 Glass Jaw for this current decade.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:40 PM   #67
Conan
I AM THE DOCTOR
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 873

Quote:
Kirkland has the worst Chin in Boxing today but he had his Glass Shattered in the wrong decade for this prestigious list. Rest assured, however, that he is the guy to beat for P4P #1 Glass Jaw for this current decade.
I second that. Khan's chin is terrible, but Kirkland's chin is abysmal as u say. The next time he gets hit flush even by a guy who can't punch he is going to
Conan is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2012, 10:03 PM   #68
canucks9314
Iron Chinned ATG Warrior
East Side Guru

vCash: 2146

What a superb list !

Personally I feel Fraudley should be number 1 but aside from that this is a perfect list.

I also think if Joe Cortez would have let Maidana fight on the inside Khan would have gotten KOed for a second time.
canucks9314 is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2012, 10:08 PM   #69
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1356

Quote:
Originally Posted by timeout View Post
Haye has got to be in top 20 surely!
Really, he only got stopped once right. And he was only dropped by other big punchers, most of them he dropped himself.

Haye aint my glass jaw list.

Then again, my best fighter, well.....I'll stop at that.......
chitownfightfan is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2012, 10:53 PM   #70
Money
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 135

Paul Williams?
Money is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2012, 10:58 PM   #71
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money View Post
Paul Williams?
He is definitely in possession of a Fragile Glass Mandible but he hasn't had his Glass Shattered enough to displace any of the ATGs who made this list.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:04 PM   #72
Leif Erikson
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Where is James Kirkland? There's no way you get demolished by Ishida like that unless you have a Grade A China Chin.
Leif Erikson is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2012, 11:07 PM   #73
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leif Erikson View Post
Where is James Kirkland? There's no way you get demolished by Ishida like that unless you have a Grade A China Chin.
He wasn't KOed in the decade in question so he is not qualified for this prestigious list. He is #1 in my current Glass Jaw rankings, however, and he is a strong candidate for both Glass Jaw of the '10s and Worst Glass Jaw of All-Time, though only time will tell. He is a joke.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:09 PM   #74
Leif Erikson
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
He wasn't KOed in the decade in question so he is not qualified for this prestigious list. He is #1 in my current Glass Jaw rankings, however, and he is a strong candidate for both Glass Jaw of the '10s and Worst Glass Jaw of All-Time, though only time will tell. He is a joke.
Doh, I apologise for my error. It's gone 4am here and I cannot sleep, so I'm pretty much out of it.

Your assessment of his remarkable jaw is bang on the money though.

Can you imagine if Paulie Malignaggi moved up to challenge him and landed on the sweet spot? There are some people who should probably be refused a license for their own good simply through a lack of chin. Kirkland is one of them; I'd find it hard to sleep at night if I had to make the decision and ultimately let that guy fight.
Leif Erikson is offline  Top
Old 02-12-2012, 11:11 PM   #75
iceman71
WBC SILVER Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
01. Roy Jones Jr.

02. Amir Khan

03. Enzo Maccarinelli

04. Fraudley "A-Farce" Harrison

05. Jason Litzau

06. Zab Judah

07. Augie Sanchez

08. Jermain Taylor

09. Ricky Hatton

10. Herbie Hide

Thoughts?
stupid ****
oleg mascaev has been knocked out 8 times.
khan has 1 time.
what an agenda you always have.
moron
iceman71 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum