Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Who will be the WBO welterweight champ as of the Summer Solstice??
Pacquiao on points 103 26.68%
Pacquiao by stoppage 196 50.78%
Draw 12 3.11%
Bradley on points 66 17.10%
Bradley by stoppage 9 2.33%
Voters: 386. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-13-2012, 03:34 PM   #16
Steenalized
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 203
Default Re: Manny Pacquiao vs. Timothy Bradley - THE numero uno official ESB poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
Half the votes so far (11 of 22) are for a stoppage for one or the other. Half!

It is very unlikely anyone is stopped here IMO, unless it is on cuts.
Absolutely cannot see Bradley getting a stoppage win (unless by a miscalled headbutt) but I could see Pac stopping him if he actually has a fire in his belly for the first time in a while. Big 'if' there
Steenalized is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2012, 03:35 PM   #17
JunitoJab
Antagonist
ESB Addict

vCash: 72
Default Re: Manny Pacquiao vs. Timothy Bradley - THE numero uno official ESB poll

Bradley gets saved late by the ref....
JunitoJab is offline  Top
Old 02-14-2012, 12:14 PM   #18
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 10000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steenalized View Post
Absolutely cannot see Bradley getting a stoppage win (unless by a miscalled headbutt) but I could see Pac stopping him if he actually has a fire in his belly for the first time in a while. Big 'if' there

Even if he does, I don't know...

To me Bradley has a lot of comparable attributes to Mosley, especially whereas it relates to being "stoppable": physical strength, gas tank, mental toughness, ability to take a hit.... He's also by my reckoning smarter than Azucar, who managed to "Cuidado" his way to the final bell once he realized he wasn't winning the speed contest with Pac. What he lacks in size relative to Mosley, he makes up for in being in the solid thick of his prime rather than old & weathered.

I'm very skeptical about the idea of Pacquiao stopping Bradley (and as you say, Bradley stopping Pacquiao is almost silly...)
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Old 02-14-2012, 12:19 PM   #19
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Pac by close decision. Won't look good doing so.

Won't be surprised to see an accidental clash of heads shortening the fight.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Old 02-14-2012, 12:23 PM   #20
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Pac by close decision. Won't look good doing so.

Won't be surprised to see an accidental clash of heads shortening the fight.
This is EXACTLY what I think.

Pac by scores in the 115-113/116-112 neigborhood (maybe one drawn card for a MD if there's a Californian judge - we don't know know the judges yet, do we? ...and some slick black Americans will cry robbery, while Filipinos will insist on the other extreme end of the spectrum that it ought to have been a shutout, but normal level-headed people will shrug and say "Yeah, that scoring's about right I guess... ")

There is also that VERY real possibility of it going to a TD, maybe somewhere around the halfway mark, due to a clash causing one or the other to be blinded by oozing plasma.

They've got five technical decisions between them (Pacquiao 1-0-1, Bradley 3-0). Out of a combined 88 bouts that might not seem like a lot, but factor in the usual inherent danger of orthodox vs. southpaw, then think about Pacquiao's style of jumping in to attack, and now think about Bradley's style, throw in that they're the same height, and add that both have huge craniums...and yeah.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:30 PM   #21
Boxed Ears
Irony Himmler
East Side VIP

vCash: 26665

Quote:
Half the votes so far (11 of 22) are for a stoppage for one or the other. Half!

It is very unlikely anyone is stopped here IMO, unless it is on cuts.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Two people you must cease make an underintimate of, my friend and comprendion: Vitaliy and Pacquiao. They are two greatest ever lift and is as my friend Gemesh Korobnik once telled me "You may make a face at the moon, but in doing so, philosophy is just a bad product of misunderstanding language and when horses make a urine, they is amazing to tugged winking is not dirty." And this, my friend, is very veracity.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 02-14-2012, 12:38 PM   #22
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post

Two people you must cease make an underintimate of, my friend and comprendion: Vitaliy and Pacquiao. They are two greatest ever lift and is as my friend Gemesh Korobnik once telled me "You may make a face at the moon, but in doing so, philosophy is just a bad product of misunderstanding language and when horses make a urine, they is amazing to tugged winking is not dirty." And this, my friend, is very veracity.

Correcting if my left is right, but am I not failed to wrong in your apprehended monitor?

Did Bloodworth not chuck terrycloth?

(and how much terrycloth did Bloodworth chuck if Bloodworth did chuck terrycloth?)

Yes, Signore Barrovecchio was too fast in the way of laundry to optimize aerodynamic properties - but the intent was purposes.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:47 PM   #23
Boxed Ears
Irony Himmler
East Side VIP

vCash: 26665

Quote:
Correcting if my left is right, but am I not failed to wrong in your apprehended monitor?

Did Bloodworth not chuck terrycloth?

(and how much terrycloth did Bloodworth chuck if Bloodworth did chuck terrycloth?)

Yes, Signore Barrovecchio was too fast in the way of laundry to optimize aerodynamic properties - but the intent was purposes.

Well,...that's just plain disgusting, IB.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 02-14-2012, 12:47 PM   #24
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
This is EXACTLY what I think.

Pac by scores in the 115-113/116-112 neigborhood (maybe one drawn card for a MD if there's a Californian judge - we don't know know the judges yet, do we? ...and some slick black Americans will cry robbery, while Filipinos will insist on the other extreme end of the spectrum that it ought to have been a shutout, but normal level-headed people will shrug and say "Yeah, that scoring's about right I guess... ")

There is also that VERY real possibility of it going to a TD, maybe somewhere around the halfway mark, due to a clash causing one or the other to be blinded by oozing plasma.

They've got five technical decisions between them (Pacquiao 1-0-1, Bradley 3-0). Out of a combined 88 bouts that might not seem like a lot, but factor in the usual inherent danger of orthodox vs. southpaw, then think about Pacquiao's style of jumping in to attack, and now think about Bradley's style, throw in that they're the same height, and add that both have huge craniums...and yeah.
Bang on.

As much as I've been all for this fight, it still has all the ingredients for controversy, disappointment, and at worst, a night to forget.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Old 02-14-2012, 12:48 PM   #25
Juan Ma Lopez
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Bradley has to stop him to get a draw. His only chance is a KO and hes feather fisted. One outcome courtesy of Bob Arum
Juan Ma Lopez is offline  Top
Old 02-14-2012, 01:22 PM   #26
Kalasinn
♧ OG Kally ♤
East Side Guru

vCash: 1200

Pac by a clear UD on the judge's scorecards, from a close & ugly fight.
Kalasinn is offline  Top
Old 02-14-2012, 03:17 PM   #27
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Only 31% of respondents so far picking Pacquiao on points.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:55 PM   #28
igor_otsky
Undefeated
East Side Guru

vCash: 117

Rds 1 through 4: Feel-out rounds between Pac and Bradley, with Timmy winning through his fast jabs and movements. Pacquiao loses his patience and receives right straights/hooks from Timmyhead. Timmy 3rds to Pac1

Rds 5 through 8: pac already warmed up from the earlier rounds despite losing rounds. Pac unleashes his multiple punch combos while moving to Timmy's left. 2 out of 5 of the punches lands but Timmy felt that. Pac gets 3 out of the 4 rounds.

Rds 8-9: Timmy slows down from the power punches from Manny. Manny still has pop on his hands as he can handle Timmy's punches.

Rd 10: Timmy loses his speed and gets caught by a short left hook from Pac in the exchanges. Timmy, out of breathe, stays on his knee and calls it a night.

Just a thought.
igor_otsky is offline  Top
Old 02-14-2012, 10:57 PM   #29
Vitor Belfort
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

pac by TKO
Vitor Belfort is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2012, 01:24 AM   #30
nahkis
Robbed

Bradley has absolutely no chance of winning.
nahkis is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum