Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Who will be the WBO welterweight champ as of the Summer Solstice??
Pacquiao on points 103 26.68%
Pacquiao by stoppage 196 50.78%
Draw 12 3.11%
Bradley on points 66 17.10%
Bradley by stoppage 9 2.33%
Voters: 386. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-15-2012, 02:50 AM   #31
madkillaz692000
Fuerte y Abundante
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Manny Pacquiao vs. Timothy Bradley - THE numero uno official ESB poll

Pac by KO. Bradley changes tune after first 3 rounds. I predict him doing a Cotto.
madkillaz692000 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2012, 10:42 AM   #32
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 35250
Default Re: Manny Pacquiao vs. Timothy Bradley - THE numero uno official ESB poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by madkillaz692000 View Post
Pac by KO. Bradley changes tune after first 3 rounds. I predict him doing a Cotto.
I love Cotto dearly, but the man is too dumb for his own good at times (Pac, Margarito). He is certainly dumber than Bradley.

Not unintelligent, mind you - just dumb when the times comes to either act a man or choose the wiser but ignoble path. That people ever question his heart over something as trifling as going to a knee is ridiculous. His heart is both one of his best assets, and what sometimes gets him in trouble.

Think about how deep Cotto made it while getting pasted (after the first few rounds). He made it halfway into the twelfth.

Now add that Bradley is a smarter fighter than Cotto, and his punch resistance is at least as good. (in fact, I'd say the distressing symptoms from Miguel's 140 days were bigger red flags for him than any supposed warning signs about Tim's chin to date).

Bradley is lasting the distance.

I give him very little chance of taking the decision, but it is going to one.
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Old 02-15-2012, 10:51 AM   #33
randy brown
$$$
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 250

you mean the new pac? pac no longer wants to fight or hurt his opponent. you tell me what chances he has against someone young and hungry
randy brown is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2012, 12:14 PM   #34
Drew101
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 3930

Bradley is awkward and accurate enough with the right hand to trouble pac and to take rounds from him once he gets into his groove. Problem is...Bradley sometimes takes his time finding that groove and that's something he can ill afford to do against a popular, quick starting Pac.

Desert Storm weathers the storm and by the end of the night has Pac looking a bit bruised after connecting with rights over 12 hard rounds. But the slow start works against him, and Pac walks away with a close but clear UD over 12 hard rounds (scores of 7-5 and 8-4)
Drew101 is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2012, 12:28 PM   #35
Mrpacman
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Pacman by KO-similar to how he beat Ricky-

Bradley talk talk talk-Manny will walk walk walk and end Bradley's career-

Pacman-Bradley is a good fight but Bradley is not match for Pacquiao and the 1-2-3 he throws.
Mrpacman is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2012, 01:13 PM   #36
Sir Koolkid
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I like bradley on points. I think his footwork and angles keep him safe from feeling the pac combinations at there worst. His defense is better than pac's and i think he has enough boxing skills to compete with pac if it became a boxing match. It's competitive but bradley has the better all round skills and use's the ring brilliantly, he should maneuver he way to a win. I expect bradley to box pac more than anything but he will defo muscle his way to the inside and if he gets pac's timing down well and feels comfortable i expect to see bradley stay in pac's face and outbox him on the inside to victory with counter punches, slick angles and parrying punches.

Pac has the speed and venom to make bradley have to work hard and stay focused all night. Pac is a high level test for bradley physically more than skillfully. I think Pac will over look bradley to some degree.

Bradley is coming up in weight so maybe he has more power in his punches but i still don't see a stoppage for him. Bradley's power is underrated i think he has enough to gain his opponents respect even if he isn't KO'ing them.

Pac could come out and be physically too much for bradley and if bradley makes the big mistake of wanting a fan friendly punch up instead of staying composed and not rushing he could grind pac down slowly.
Sir Koolkid is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2012, 04:33 PM   #37
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew101 View Post
Bradley is awkward and accurate enough with the right hand to trouble pac and to take rounds from him once he gets into his groove. Problem is...Bradley sometimes takes his time finding that groove and that's something he can ill afford to do against a popular, quick starting Pac.

Desert Storm weathers the storm and by the end of the night has Pac looking a bit bruised after connecting with rights over 12 hard rounds. But the slow start works against him, and Pac walks away with a close but clear UD over 12 hard rounds (scores of 7-5 and 8-4)
This is good analysis, from a good egg.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrpacman View Post
Pacman by KO-similar to how he beat Ricky-

Bradley talk talk talk-Manny will walk walk walk and end Bradley's career-

Pacman-Bradley is a good fight but Bradley is not match for Pacquiao and the 1-2-3 he throws.
This...isn't.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

...any questions?
Old 02-15-2012, 05:15 PM   #38
Slacker
Big & Slow
ESB Addict

Bradley hasn't impressed me yet.

Pacquaio didn't impress me against Marquez.
Slacker is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2012, 05:38 PM   #39
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
Bradley hasn't impressed me yet.

Pacquaio didn't impress me against Marquez.
So, you're looking for an unimpressive performance both ways...leading to an unimpressive draw?
Old 02-15-2012, 05:57 PM   #40
Slacker
Big & Slow
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
So, you're looking for an unimpressive performance both ways...leading to an unimpressive draw?
Yes, basically, I'm not impressed with the match up in any way.

Fading Pacquiao goes in, looks like a boxing superstar against an over matched opponent and then retires.

Slacker is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2012, 12:46 AM   #41
this_and_that
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 155

Reminiscent of Pac-Cotto for the first four rounds (KD's included).
Then reminiscent of Pac-Mosley from rounds 5 to 12.

Now let's all pray that Bradley does something stupid to piss Pac off so Pac will go hulk on Tim.
this_and_that is online now  Top
Old 02-16-2012, 01:40 AM   #42
good
'bad'
ESB Senior Member

i think pac stops him 7th round.
good is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2012, 03:12 AM   #43
Cableaddict
Champion
East Side Guru

Pac ducked Mayweather, likely forever, and lost to JMM twice.

I'm not buying into the hype any more. Not drinking the koolaid.

This fight will be fun to watch, but it's fairly irrelevant.
Cableaddict is offline  Top
Old 02-29-2012, 03:13 PM   #44
Hook!
Proud member of team G.
ESB Addict

vCash: 889

pacman close but clear UD IMO
Hook! is offline  Top
Old 02-29-2012, 04:26 PM   #45
caneman
100% AllNatural Xylocaine
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

When has Bradley ever been seriously challenged? Pac by dec. Fight will be closer than most people think.
caneman is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum