Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 02-17-2012, 05:09 AM   #16
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: What If Joe Frazier Used The "Peek-A-Boo" Techniques?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydraulix View Post
Do you think it would have improved his already vicious style? I think so. Frazier generally used two-punch combinations. The peek-a-boo combinations require both hands, so Frazier wouldn't rely so much on his left hook. Frazier had quick hands and was busy on the inside; therefore I think he might have had quicker KOs if he used this style, which requires both hands and three/four punch combos.

Frazier had some decent combinations. He really surprised Quarry with this wallop in their rematch. Left jab/left hook.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

This was Frazier's favorite combination, though. The left hook to the body, followed by another to the head.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Frazier was great but I think if he used the peek-a-boo style and combined it with his already endless stamina he would have been more dangerous.
I think it would have been disastrous . Frazier was a volume puncher ,able to throw the hook incessantly, and with power.He rarely threw jabs, and relied on head movement to avoid incoming.Joe could throw a pretty decent short right on the inside , but primarily relied on his left hook.
Floyd threw the hook much less frequently, exploding out of his half- hunched crouch and leaping forwards. Floyd had enough pop in his right to take out a guy, and was much more ofa two handed fighter imo.

I think the peek-a-boo is basically unsound, and a self- defeating deal because your gloves partially block your vision .Floyd stood fairly square on ,as did Tyson on occasion, again I think this is fundamentally unsound.Just my opinion.
mcvey is online now  Top
Sponsored Links

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum