Old 01-04-2008, 11:14 PM   #31
ozziebattler
Shadow Boxer
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: OZ's New Year's Gift

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks
Yeah, I've heard benny's been training the house down. The guy has talent and can definitely go far in the game.

I don't have big expectations for 08 to be honest. I think we'll be lucky to make the 8 again. 09 I think is where we can do some damage, although I'm very pissed off that we signed hegarty for another 3 years I really don't know how that guy gets picked week in week out, and now hes scored a new 3 year deal.

I think Penrith can go alright this year. They've got some good young guys coming through, hopefully Wesser can lift his game (he had a pretty lean year last year).

Trials start this month guys. Souths play Leeds Rhino's in the US on Australia day. It's gunna be another good season of league.
Maybe his trademark dropballs and 3dummy half runs per set of six caught russ's cheque book's attention.

Mate i have always had a soft spot 4 the bunnies but im still filthy with their treatment of the peach.

Still 110% think if he was there in the eagles game the bunnies could of snuck home.Big make or break game so what do they do???

Get rid of their most experienced,cool headed attacking maestro and chuck gold old hegarty in at fullback.

J.T Honestly lost me after that decision.

The souths supporters and players of yesteryear would of been rolling in their graves with the whole peachy saga.

Im still filthy on the panthers for not trying harder to keep sing and freddy aswell.I know they were probably 100percent always going to easts but the panthers didint try very hard to keep one of the greatest players of that era and also a panther junior.

I used to play for the panthers all the way up to jersey flegg until i had a massive run in with then coach Brett kenny(drunken bum)The blue cost me over 45k and my name blacklisted around other clubs.Old dart took me though.lol..

2many egos at that club.Or should i refraise that TOO MANY CHEIFS NOT ENOUGH INDIANS.
ozziebattler is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2008, 12:06 AM   #32
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozziebattler
Maybe his trademark dropballs and 3dummy half runs per set of six caught russ's cheque book's attention.

Mate i have always had a soft spot 4 the bunnies but im still filthy with their treatment of the peach.

Still 110% think if he was there in the eagles game the bunnies could of snuck home.Big make or break game so what do they do???

Get rid of their most experienced,cool headed attacking maestro and chuck gold old hegarty in at fullback.

J.T Honestly lost me after that decision.

The souths supporters and players of yesteryear would of been rolling in their graves with the whole peachy saga.

Im still filthy on the panthers for not trying harder to keep sing and freddy aswell.I know they were probably 100percent always going to easts but the panthers didint try very hard to keep one of the greatest players of that era and also a panther junior.

I used to play for the panthers all the way up to jersey flegg until i had a massive run in with then coach Brett kenny(drunken bum)The blue cost me over 45k and my name blacklisted around other clubs.Old dart took me though.lol..

2many egos at that club.Or should i refraise that TOO MANY CHEIFS NOT ENOUGH INDIANS.
Yeah, I feel bad for the Peach too. to be fair though I think Taylor made the right move in dropping him for Merritt. Merritt was great for us at the back and had the ability to break the line and did so on many occasions. Peachey has lost a couple of yards over the years and can't really do that now, but he's still very safe under the high ball, and when Merritt got injured Peachey should have definitely taken his place.

Hegarty is crap, and is a premier league player. I'm not even sure he'd be able to make it in the ESL. I'm dumbfounded as to why he's been not only kept, but signed again for 3 more years. I'd like to know how much he's on.

I like the Panthers a bit. was cheering for them when they beat the Roosters in 03 . I think the reason they lost Fittler was because he didn't want to go to Super League, same with Mat Sing.

Lewis is playing 5/8 this year? Hmm, thats a bit of a worry. To be honest, I think you guys have bought poorly this year. Joe Williams can play great for 3 or 4 games, but then he'll be shit for the remainded of the season. You also bought Ritchie Williams yeah? I don't really think he's the answer either. Both guys are pretty inconsistent.

Petro will give you guys some valuable yards up front. you guys should blood some more youngsters, Penrith usually do, they have the biggest junior base in the NRL.

The ESB tipping comp should be interesting this year. Providing my Internet service provider doesn't cut me off for a month again, I should take this thing out this year.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2008, 12:36 AM   #33
ozziebattler
Shadow Boxer
ESB Addict

Joe williams???

Kicking=good SOMETIMES

Passing=good SOMETIMES

direction=Struggles to control a game.(as u mentioned maybe 3 times a year)

Tackling=just see who let in the majority of the sea eagles tries and you will get your answer.

Ball running=Did i say ball running????

All in all another dud buy from the panthers recruitment team.

Now Richie Williams???

Had the pleasure to own him on many occasions in his junior bunny days.He is in first grade and i am not.Though if i were him and i looked in the mirror i would not see a first grader staring back at me.

2 shit buys who will together own the MISSED TACKLES section in big league this year.

I agree with your comments on Merritt taking the peach's place.My main disgust was he didnt get the instant call up when Merritt got injured.

When i heard of Merritt injury the first thing that came to my mind was CINDERELLA MAN headline act DAVID PEACHY.

If you beat me in the footy tipping comp i will wear the eels emblem as my avatar for 2mnths.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2008, 12:46 AM   #34
pecks
East Side Guru

Quote:
Joe williams???

Kicking=good SOMETIMES

Passing=good SOMETIMES

direction=Struggles to control a game.(as u mentioned maybe 3 times a year)

Tackling=just see who let in the majority of the sea eagles tries and you will get your answer.

Ball running=Did i say ball running????

All in all another dud buy from the panthers recruitment team.

Now Richie Williams???

Had the pleasure to own him on many occasions in his junior bunny days.He is in first grade and i am not.Though if i were him and i looked in the mirror i would not see a first grader staring back at me.

2 shit buys who will together own the MISSED TACKLES section in big league this year.

I agree with your comments on Merritt taking the peach's place.My main disgust was he didnt get the instant call up when Merritt got injured.

When i heard of Merritt injury the first thing that came to my mind was CINDERELLA MAN headline act DAVID PEACHY.

If you beat me in the footy tipping comp i will wear the eels emblem as my avatar for 2mnths.
Yeah, I think Joe should have kept the deal he got to play in France. I really hope Williams goes well, because he's got a family to feed and when he was playing in premier league last year, he was working 12 + hours a day packing shit.

I really think he should have took his family to france and set them and him up over there. He'd carve them up over there and could live very comfortably in the process.

Something definitely happened with Peachey and Taylor, Peachey even said something about it the moment the season was over. I'm glad he's still involved with the club. He's a champion guy and I hope all goes well for him.

Eels symbol for 2 months hey? Ok, If you beat me I'll don the Roosters one for 2 months. **** thats gunna be hard to do.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2008, 12:50 AM   #35
ozziebattler
Shadow Boxer
ESB Addict

Deal..
Old 01-05-2008, 12:54 AM   #36
ozziebattler
Shadow Boxer
ESB Addict

I bag williams out but i do truely wish him well.

I got to meet him at a nsw schoolboys dinner 6 years ago,i was in the under 15's and he was in the opens.

He was alright other then the usual ego that schoolboy superstars (myself included) walk around with.

Did you know Owen Craigie was the youngest ozzy scoolboy rep ever??he played oz schoolboys 3years straight.15,16,17.crazy shit.

He is a bit of a legend when you are around the schoolboy rep scene.One 2 many meat pies.Wasted talent.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:05 AM   #37
pecks
East Side Guru

Quote:
I bag williams out but i do truely wish him well.

I got to meet him at a nsw schoolboys dinner 6 years ago,i was in the under 15's and he was in the opens.

He was alright other then the usual ego that schoolboy superstars (myself included) walk around with.

Did you know Owen Craigie was the youngest ozzy scoolboy rep ever??he played oz schoolboys 3years straight.15,16,17.crazy shit.

He is a bit of a legend when you are around the schoolboy rep scene.One 2 many meat pies.Wasted talent.
yeah, I bag him out too, but wish him the best.
Craigie could have been 5/8 for Australia if he was dedicated to the sport. he could still carve up the opposition every now and then, but his laziness was his downfall.

I didn't know that about him in the schoolboy rep scene.

I think Eddie Paea mighyt break on to the scene this year. He played a few first grade games last year and did well, and he also won the game for the u21's (I think) NSW team against New Zealand.

If he clicks and Wing adapts to 5/8 well, then we should be able to put some points on teams this year (we had the 2nd worst attack last year).
pecks is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum