Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2013, 06:24 PM   #46
Haggis McJackass
Semi-neutralist Overseer
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: From the Lands Down Under.
Posts: 2,594
vCash: 177
Default Re: the best fighter in mma since fedor is ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufoalf View Post
People don't get that. He dominated in a division which is historically hard to stay at the top.
Yes, he did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufoalf View Post
The most title defences is by Tim Sylvia in UFC along with Couture. Also, you're bashing Sylvia but the guy was ranked top 5 by Sherdog and other websites when he fought Fedor. Arlovski? Was also consensus top 5. Barnett fight that ALMOST happened? Number 2 on most people's list.
So don't give me that shit he was fighting bums last few years of his career.
Fedor gets credit for fights that ALMOST happened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufoalf View Post
After fighting Fedor they pretty much gave up, I'll give you that. But no one goes into Fedor fight not giving it their all with nothing to lose. That's the nature of being the top dog.
True. Except the guys who freeze up out of fear/intimidation, Spinks/Tyson style. But if you're good enough that you generate that sort of reaction in your opponents, that's a strength.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufoalf View Post
And if you haven't seen his fire slowly go out then you haven't been paying attention. Since he became religious, dealt with building Sports Palace, and his family well fed and taken care of for generations to come, he didn't seem to care as much about win or lose.
That is neither here nor there. If he didn't care anymore, he shouldn't have taken the fights. He's a big boy and he doesn't need these types of excuses made for him. Once he chooses to step into the cage, whatever happens counts towards his overall career. If he'd come into the Werdum fight with the exact same attitude, landed a flush power punch and KOed him, you'd be using that fight as a positive. Since he lost, it gets handwaved away with excuses. But it doesn't work that way. Longevity is an important aspect of a top-level ATG's career. If GSP lost 3 of his next 4 fights, are you telling me that wouldn't affect his historical standing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufoalf View Post
Also, every single idiot that claims Fedor isn't in the talks of being GOAT, hasn't been watching Pride. FACT. UFC division is as intimidating today as Pride HW division was back in the day, and Fedor showed up out of nowhere and walked through it. THAT is why no one wanted to fight the guy.
I don't think anyone is saying that he isn't in the discussion for GOAT.

Just that he's no longer the automatic, carved-in-stone, taken-as-gospel choice for #1 p4p GOAT. Not anymore, not with Silva's win streak still looking as dominant as ever.

Haggis McJackass is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2013, 08:12 PM   #47
ufoalf
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 3,441
vCash: 1550
Default Re: the best fighter in mma since fedor is ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
Fedor gets credit for fights that ALMOST happened?
How is it not a valid point? Let alone laughable. When we're discussing him "ducking" top competition that fight is as legit as it gets. The fight was made, he didn't duck him. Go back to your corner.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
True. Except the guys who freeze up out of fear/intimidation, Spinks/Tyson style. But if you're good enough that you generate that sort of reaction in your opponents, that's a strength.
Difference between Tyson and Fedor is that Fedor didn't intimidate anyone with monstrous looks or low IQ.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
That is neither here nor there. If he didn't care anymore, he shouldn't have taken the fights. He's a big boy and he doesn't need these types of excuses made for him. Once he chooses to step into the cage, whatever happens counts towards his overall career. If he'd come into the Werdum fight with the exact same attitude, landed a flush power punch and KOed him, you'd be using that fight as a positive. Since he lost, it gets handwaved away with excuses. But it doesn't work that way. Longevity is an important aspect of a top-level ATG's career. If GSP lost 3 of his next 4 fights, are you telling me that wouldn't affect his historical standing?
How is it neither here nor there? So Vitor gets a pass with his family situation but Fedor doesn't? No, there are circumstances in life that influence your career. People fade. He started fading long time ago. I didn't say he didn't care. I said he cared less, the fire was clearly not there. Fedor of 2010 is not Fedor who would say, paraphrased "My opponent stands between me and my family being fed. That man must be eliminated."
The change in his personality was tremendous since he became religious. A blind man can see that. Is it a legit excuse? I guess not to everyone. To me it says he didn't have as much motivation anymore. That's where "excuses" come in. His motivation was his family well off, MMA expansion in his town and Russia, and Russia on the map in MMA. He succeeded in all of those things. Fortunately, fame and glory wasn't his priority at all, if that motivation is there, it seems it never secedes.

But as you said, it does affect his legacy. That's why I always thought it was probably a good idea to hang them up after Pride then after Affliction.

As pure fighting machine he was the best. Stone cold(best sign of that is after landing a knock out he's not gorilla pumped like everyone else) and I dare say we will never see that again.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
I don't think anyone is saying that he isn't in the discussion for GOAT.
I think you underestimate the idiocy that is crawling into these forums lately. Read back, see for yourself.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis McJackass View Post
Just that he's no longer the automatic, carved-in-stone, taken-as-gospel choice for #1 p4p GOAT. Not anymore, not with Silva's win streak still looking as dominant as ever.
I'm as big a Fedor fan as anyone, I'm an MMA fan because of him. I'm also not delusional. You're right, he's not a clear GOAT anymore. A.Silva and even GSP have a lot to say to that.
ufoalf is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:29 PM   #48
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,318
vCash: 500
Default Re: the best fighter in mma since fedor is ?

The stuff I read on this board is priceless...this thread is full of double standard bitch and ignorant ****tard....can't even ****in believe this..

If I had time to waste like so many people on this website I would just dig in some people previous post in the MMA section and would simply show them how many contradiction they are making regarding Fedor....
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:32 PM   #49
latineg
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,006
vCash: 1000
Default Re: the best fighter in mma since fedor is ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufoalf View Post
How is it not a valid point? Let alone laughable. When we're discussing him "ducking" top competition that fight is as legit as it gets. The fight was made, he didn't duck him. Go back to your corner.



Difference between Tyson and Fedor is that Fedor didn't intimidate anyone with monstrous looks or low IQ.



How is it neither here nor there? So Vitor gets a pass with his family situation but Fedor doesn't? No, there are circumstances in life that influence your career. People fade. He started fading long time ago. I didn't say he didn't care. I said he cared less, the fire was clearly not there. Fedor of 2010 is not Fedor who would say, paraphrased "My opponent stands between me and my family being fed. That man must be eliminated."
The change in his personality was tremendous since he became religious. A blind man can see that. Is it a legit excuse? I guess not to everyone. To me it says he didn't have as much motivation anymore. That's where "excuses" come in. His motivation was his family well off, MMA expansion in his town and Russia, and Russia on the map in MMA. He succeeded in all of those things. Fortunately, fame and glory wasn't his priority at all, if that motivation is there, it seems it never secedes.

But as you said, it does affect his legacy. That's why I always thought it was probably a good idea to hang them up after Pride then after Affliction.

As pure fighting machine he was the best. Stone cold(best sign of that is after landing a knock out he's not gorilla pumped like everyone else) and I dare say we will never see that again.




I think you underestimate the idiocy that is crawling into these forums lately. Read back, see for yourself.




I'm as big a Fedor fan as anyone, I'm an MMA fan because of him. I'm also not delusional. You're right, he's not a clear GOAT anymore. A.Silva and even GSP have a lot to say to that.
excuse me but Haggis Macjackass carved you another arse hole with his comments and you walked through them in total denial, what are you a ZOMBIE

you use smoke and mirrors to confuse yourself speaking of looking back towards other comments saying READ BACK, no fella you went to all that POSTING trouble breaking your points up highlighting them you can go back and get the POST your talking about "MR DISTRACTION and RUN AWAY" , if Fedor were here right now he would sambo punch you all over this forum no doubt while you ran backwards. Your aware that Silva is a greater all time great then Fedor and you cant handle it. You refuse to handle it and therefore you insult and dishonour this entire forum. Fedor is easy to worship, however, FAIR is FAIR. Give Silva his do and come totally clean and admit that Haggis ripped your points down one by one and even then you still couldnt confront the truth you and apologize to this forum as well as Fedor and Silva.

Sorry LionBoy but it was going to be said to you one way or another soon enough. You need to consider me your friend rather than your enemy just because your point of truth is obviously ASKEW. Thats not my fault fella. Thats the truth, look at the legacy, Silva was doing the do in Pride and did the do in UFC current and recent past. Silva dominated in Pride and dominated in the UFC for god knows how many years? Fedor took time off, fought a few top level fights that were not the best of the best of the time, picked it up a bit and got slaughtered. Silva no SLAUGHTERING, Fedor a good few slaughterings CORRECT buster brown? Then you say correct not because i forced u, you say it because its the truth.

If u just want to believe otherwise for your own personal fantasies then thats different and we should all leave you alone and could have already mentally of damaged you and we should probably all apologize
latineg is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:33 PM   #50
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,318
vCash: 500
Default Re: the best fighter in mma since fedor is ?

Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:35 PM   #51
latineg
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,006
vCash: 1000
Default Re: the best fighter in mma since fedor is ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne5ville14 View Post
The stuff I read on this board is priceless...this thread is full of double standard bitch and ignorant ****tard....can't even ****in believe this..

If I had time to waste like so many people on this website I would just dig in some people previous post in the MMA section and would simply show them how many contradiction they are making regarding Fedor....
thats like panty sniffing aint it ?
latineg is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:06 PM   #52
ufoalf
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 3,441
vCash: 1550
Default Re: the best fighter in mma since fedor is ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne5ville14 View Post

I can't tell you how many people I've already put on ignore list. Viewing latineg's post reminded me why HE was put there
ufoalf is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:14 PM   #53
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 5,458
vCash: 553
Default Re: the best fighter in mma since fedor is ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne5ville14 View Post
The stuff I read on this board is priceless...this thread is full of double standard bitch and ignorant ****tard....can't even ****in believe this..

If I had time to waste like so many people on this website I would just dig in some people previous post in the MMA section and would simply show them how many contradiction they are making regarding Fedor....
Go ahead, make my day.
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:08 AM   #54
ufoalf
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 3,441
vCash: 1550
Default Re: the best fighter in mma since fedor is ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDigi5060 View Post
Go ahead, make my day.
He clearly said he doesn't have time to waste on this. He was not volunteering to do it. Does that spell it out for you?

This is why I stopped arguing with you people. You can't even comprehend what you read.


[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
ufoalf is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:37 AM   #55
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,318
vCash: 500
Default Re: the best fighter in mma since fedor is ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDigi5060 View Post
Go ahead, make my day.


Yeah, mister RR #5 P4P...

Just to know....If Cyborg beat her, at her own weight, does she get the #5 spot ?
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:51 AM   #56
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: sweden
Posts: 5,329
vCash: 117
Default Re: the best fighter in mma since fedor is ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by latineg View Post
excuse me but Haggis Macjackass carved you another arse hole with his comments and you walked through them in total denial, what are you a ZOMBIE

you use smoke and mirrors to confuse yourself speaking of looking back towards other comments saying READ BACK, no fella you went to all that POSTING trouble breaking your points up highlighting them you can go back and get the POST your talking about "MR DISTRACTION and RUN AWAY" , if Fedor were here right now he would sambo punch you all over this forum no doubt while you ran backwards. Your aware that Silva is a greater all time great then Fedor and you cant handle it. You refuse to handle it and therefore you insult and dishonour this entire forum. Fedor is easy to worship, however, FAIR is FAIR. Give Silva his do and come totally clean and admit that Haggis ripped your points down one by one and even then you still couldnt confront the truth you and apologize to this forum as well as Fedor and Silva.

Sorry LionBoy but it was going to be said to you one way or another soon enough. You need to consider me your friend rather than your enemy just because your point of truth is obviously ASKEW. Thats not my fault fella. Thats the truth, look at the legacy, Silva was doing the do in Pride and did the do in UFC current and recent past. Silva dominated in Pride and dominated in the UFC for god knows how many years? Fedor took time off, fought a few top level fights that were not the best of the best of the time, picked it up a bit and got slaughtered. Silva no SLAUGHTERING, Fedor a good few slaughterings CORRECT buster brown? Then you say correct not because i forced u, you say it because its the truth.

If u just want to believe otherwise for your own personal fantasies then thats different and we should all leave you alone and could have already mentally of damaged you and we should probably all apologize
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
greathamza is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:43 AM   #57
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 5,458
vCash: 553
Default Re: the best fighter in mma since fedor is ?

Please, just spare me the drama. The gifs, pictures, and ignore button. This is just a matter of opinion, I'm not here to "win". I'd rather leave the floor open and be back on topic than to roll in the gutter. Bring on your double standards and contradictions, but don't make it personal.
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:29 AM   #58
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,318
vCash: 500
Default Re: the best fighter in mma since fedor is ?

Personal ?

I'm not the one that keep saying crazy stuff, you are.
Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:37 PM   #59
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 5,458
vCash: 553
Default Re: the best fighter in mma since fedor is ?

Define crazy. Because you know what, I hate the way these threads involving Fedor turn out. But, the worst part is that I'm always in the middle of it . After posting earlier this morning I stepped out the house, and dreaded opening this thread. It's gonna be too hard for me to have these discussions about p4p status while telling myself to put my sword away. I've said a mouthful over the past month, and don't want to turn this place into a shithouse anymore, because Intentional Butt is the only real dickhead here.

Personally, I don't think I am, but my opinions seem to bring out the worst in people. From now on, I'm going to hold my tongue for as long as I have to when it comes to where we rank Fedor. That will be weeks from now, as GSP's, JJ's, and Anderson Silva's careers play out.
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:25 PM   #60
ufoalf
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 3,441
vCash: 1550
Default Re: the best fighter in mma since fedor is ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDigi5060 View Post
Define crazy. Because you know what, I hate the way these threads involving Fedor turn out. But, the worst part is that I'm always in the middle of it . After posting earlier this morning I stepped out the house, and dreaded opening this thread.

Personally, I don't think I am, but my opinions seem to bring out the worst in people.
You bring this upon yourself it seems.

Besides there are no facts to back up some of your opinions, that's probably one of the reason why people get riled up about them. It also seems you are reluctant to actually listen to opinion that have a solid factual backing.

Does that qualify you as a dickhead. Not in my opinion. latineg is the prime example of that. You're not stooped that low
ufoalf is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013