Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 02-26-2012, 04:39 AM   #1
alex-boxer42
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Frankie robbed..c'mon lets be real.

Frankie was outsized by probably 2 weightclasses in this fight. I am not using this as an excuse. He legitametly won maybe all 5 rounds my opinion. This was his best fight. He freakin threw the bigger henderson to the mat in the first couple rounds. Landed many combos and nice punches. No way you can justify giving this to bendo as much as I like him. Shit robbery that isn't getting enough attention. Frankie is a legend like willie pep, so Im not too worried about him coming back. He outmuscled a much bigger dude who is no weakling and oufought him IMHO.

Discuss.
alex-boxer42 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2012, 04:44 AM   #2
caleb_forrest_g
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Frankie robbed..c'mon lets be real.

not really as bad as some ive seen...i thought bendo won, but had a it can go either way mentality. Franknie did lang more, and getmore take downs, but they werent effective much, and the takedowns c'mon bendo was on the ground for maybe 40 seconds the whole fight. Like edgar did it to score points thten get up. But great fight either way. Im not complaining
caleb_forrest_g is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2012, 05:05 AM   #3
caleb_forrest_g
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

and i dont see why no one is crying about the takeya mizugaki decision. He was robbed big time.
caleb_forrest_g is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2012, 05:07 AM   #4
alex-boxer42
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Cmon, bendo did ok. Frankie did great! He gets no respect. He's still the champ by a mile in my eyes. Bendo just did more damage because he was much bigger! And frankie still threw him around and outstruck him.

Garbage decision.

Nothing against Bendo. (Think pettis could beat frankie, but I dn't think bendo did tonight. He won 2 rounds at best. You have to give the champ the benefit of the doubt which I don't think he got. You can't argue he was more active either way.)
Old 02-26-2012, 05:08 AM   #5
alex-boxer42
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb_forrest_g View Post
and i dont see why no one is crying about the takeya mizugaki decision. He was robbed big time.
Because hes not the champ who got robbed of his title. Who gives a shit. Just sayin.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:38 AM   #6
Mamerto
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex-boxer42 View Post
Frankie was outsized by probably 2 weightclasses in this fight. I am not using this as an excuse. He legitametly won maybe all 5 rounds my opinion. This was his best fight. He freakin threw the bigger henderson to the mat in the first couple rounds. Landed many combos and nice punches. No way you can justify giving this to bendo as much as I like him. Shit robbery that isn't getting enough attention. Frankie is a legend like willie pep, so Im not too worried about him coming back. He outmuscled a much bigger dude who is no weakling and oufought him IMHO.

Discuss.
Mamerto is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2012, 09:43 AM   #7
mckay_89
Haw you!
ESB Addict

vCash: 1065

I don't think it's that daft to say Frankie won the first three and the fifth. Like I said in the RBR, all of them were close but I felt Edgar deserved it. Not a robbery though, but I would like to see a rematch.
mckay_89 is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2012, 10:01 AM   #8
Mamerto
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckay_89 View Post
I don't think it's that daft to say Frankie won the first three and the fifth. Like I said in the RBR, all of them were close but I felt Edgar deserved it. Not a robbery though, but I would like to see a rematch.
I think he lost all except the 1st.
Mamerto is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2012, 10:30 AM   #9
zarman

vCash:

Really, I thought he lost every round apart from the 5th
Old 02-26-2012, 10:39 AM   #10
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamerto View Post
I think he lost all except the 1st.
Agreed.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2012, 10:47 AM   #11
timmyjames
PTurd curb stomper
East Side Guru

vCash: 3111

as soon as he got his face split in half and started shuffling around the perimeter, i thought we were going to see benson get cheated on the cards
timmyjames is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2012, 10:50 AM   #12
timmyjames
PTurd curb stomper
East Side Guru

vCash: 3111

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex-boxer42 View Post

Discuss.
kinda looks like you are trying to score on a curve
timmyjames is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2012, 11:14 AM   #13
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict

vCash: 3450

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckay_89 View Post
I kinda saw it tht way but the rounds were very close and not easy to score. It wouldn't of have been a robbery either way. That's one thing about edgar fights I don't like, he has had alot of close fights that go to the scorecards.
AJAX is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2012, 11:17 AM   #14
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict

vCash: 3450

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb_forrest_g View Post
Yea that was bad, Dana gave takeya his win bonus anyhow, After that I thought that anyfight could go either way.
AJAX is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2012, 11:28 AM   #15
Thom
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Horseshit. Henderson outlanded Edgar, landed the harder shots and dictated the pace for the majority of the fight. I don't give a rat's ass about Edgar catching a bunch of kicks after they'd already landed flush. I also don't think that Edgar deserves any credit for the majority of takedowns, from which Henderson got back up almost immediately.

These "robbery" cries are getting more and more ridiculous. Bendo clearly won that fight.

If you want to talk about people who may have gotten jobbed last night/this morning, you need to start with Mizugaki and Akiyama.
Thom is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum