Old 04-19-2012, 07:58 AM   #136
avk47
King
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Euro Olympic qualifiers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysotsky View Post
To be fair Lomachenko had 4 points deducted for low blows that didn't happen which could clearly be seen on video. One was a legit body shot knockdown, quite different.

Didn't Sudakov (may have been some other Russian) also say that Koptyakov got tired in the 3rd and layed back in spite of how close it was and that he was actually clinching which is what the deduction was for?

At worlds i remember some fights with an obscene amount clinching with multiple Brazilian fighters and also the Chinese HW Wang where there wasn't even a warning forget deductions so inconsistancy with refs giving warnings or deductions with that is an issue but not necessarily something that could or even should be overturned depending on the situation. I didn't see the fight obviously so i can't say but the fight or Sudakov's actions (or lack of action as you're saying) don't seem as outragous to me as it is for you and Znaak unless im missing something?
I'm not arguing with the Lomachenko outcome - it was a correct one, and would have been much more controversiol if it didn't get overturned.

Yes, he said after the point deduction Koptyakov was too passive, while he should have gone forward more to even out the score. Which is fair. But similarly, he got a point deducted for clinching while the other guy clinched and didn't. Its not the worst I've seen obviously, but I do think the Russian Federation doesn't do enough to look after their fighters. I think the setup in Ukraine is generally doing a better job, and hence the results.
avk47 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2012, 08:19 AM   #137
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by avk47 View Post
I'm not arguing with the Lomachenko outcome - it was a correct one, and would have been much more controversiol if it didn't get overturned.

Yes, he said after the point deduction Koptyakov was too passive, while he should have gone forward more to even out the score. Which is fair. But similarly, he got a point deducted for clinching while the other guy clinched and didn't. Its not the worst I've seen obviously, but I do think the Russian Federation doesn't do enough to look after their fighters. I think the setup in Ukraine is generally doing a better job, and hence the results.
Ah didnt realize they were both clinching but given the obvious Turkish bias it seems like it may have been a case of giving their fighter an advantage without going outside the rules. Ref could take a point and one could argue it was legit so he did, hometown sort of bias without it being outragous. I do agree that the Russian Fed in general seems sort of fickle and not as supportive of their fighters as they should be.

Russian MW's have been a mess. I remember when Chebotarev won Europeans i was impressed with him and thought he would be a one to watch for at the Olympics then he didnt even make the finals in Nationals. Their MW's ever since Korobov left seem inconsistant.

Who is this 64kg standout Artem Zaytsev? Iv read that people are really impressed by him but i havent seen him myself. What sort of style?
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2012, 09:28 AM   #138
moorser
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

You have to question how Turkey have got 8 into the semi-finals when only 3 of there boxers out of 10 even won a fight at the worlds. The AIBA is rotten to the core and are ****ing up amateur boxing, there trying to keep these young men in the amateur set up but all they will end up doing is losing them as I wouldnt be one bit surprised if Joe Ward and others turn pro soon because of this shambles there calling the qualifiers.
moorser is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2012, 09:53 AM   #139
avk47
King
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysotsky View Post
Ah didnt realize they were both clinching but given the obvious Turkish bias it seems like it may have been a case of giving their fighter an advantage without going outside the rules. Ref could take a point and one could argue it was legit so he did, hometown sort of bias without it being outragous. I do agree that the Russian Fed in general seems sort of fickle and not as supportive of their fighters as they should be.

Russian MW's have been a mess. I remember when Chebotarev won Europeans i was impressed with him and thought he would be a one to watch for at the Olympics then he didnt even make the finals in Nationals. Their MW's ever since Korobov left seem inconsistant.

Who is this 64kg standout Artem Zaytsev? Iv read that people are really impressed by him but i havent seen him myself. What sort of style?
Agreed. I've not seen Zaytsev yet tbh so can't comment. I just thought the specific comments about the AIBA president being there and therefore the results being fair as an incredible statement - given that AIBA leadership is obviously known for being fair, clean and unbiased!!!!!

Chebotarev hasn't been performing consistently at all. This is why its strange he was sent to the worlds when it should have been Koptyakov - European and Russian national champion all along!
avk47 is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2012, 04:56 PM   #140
Nosbor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

So Semi's/Omarov and Hrgovic is tomorrow? I though that post on page 8 or 9 about him winning 15-14 was supposed to be against Hrgovic?

I am obviously not following the links, just relying on all of your updates...
Nosbor is offline  Top
Old 04-19-2012, 05:26 PM   #141
znaak
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Semi finals are tomorrow, yes. Here are all the quarter final results for the super heavies:

Istvan Bernath HUN Labinot Djordjaj SLO 14:4
Tony Yoka FRA Mihai Nistor ROM 13:9
Muhammet Aci TUR Vitalijus Subacius LTU 15:11
Magomed Omarov RUS Filip Hrgovic CRO 15:14
znaak is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2012, 07:23 AM   #142
znaak
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Swedish guy at 52 kgs just lost to France.

11-10. The Swede got a warning for holding in the last. He would've won if it weren't for the warning. Oh, well, he boxed really bad in the last.
znaak is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2012, 07:27 AM   #143
mattdonnellon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

9-4 round 1 at fly-another turk on the way!
mattdonnellon is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2012, 07:29 AM   #144
znaak
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I thought that round was even.
znaak is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2012, 07:31 AM   #145
znaak
Contender
ESB Senior Member

One of the judges had the second round 7-1 for the Turk.
znaak is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2012, 07:55 AM   #146
mattdonnellon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Yeah, it's funny if your not at the wrong end of it!
Old 04-20-2012, 08:24 AM   #147
znaak
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Finally, a well deserved win for the opponent of the Turk.
znaak is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2012, 08:25 AM   #148
Zacker
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 214

The stream is unwatchable for me. It lags, jumps and skips and then I have to reload it altogether. Meh.
Zacker is offline  Top
Old 04-20-2012, 08:27 AM   #149
mattdonnellon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

RTE live has a good stream but maybe not available abroad?
Old 04-20-2012, 08:29 AM   #150
znaak
Contender
ESB Senior Member

The AIBA stream works very well here. It will be available on YouTube afterwards, though.
znaak is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum