boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 03-05-2012, 11:56 AM   #16
Anima
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 882
Default Re: Why did Floyd bring up his "health" in the first place in that interview?

From Ped expers to Lawyers to accountants and now decrypters/decipherers.
*****s, What a well rounded group of people.
Anima is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2012, 11:59 AM   #17
megavolt
Constantly Shadowboxing
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Why did Floyd bring up his "health" in the first place in that interview?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whipdatass View Post
He brought up health because he was engaged in a conversation.
If you mean like a Freudian slip while under duress, then I'm inclined to agree
megavolt is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2012, 12:07 PM   #18
osreyes77
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
No, that's not what he said mother****er. You Pac****s deciphered some off the wall message from the interview, and said that Floyd was scared of Pacquiao. He told you he isn't afraid of any man. He told you he tried to negotiate with Pacquiao. He then said he won't be pushed into any fight because of what the fans want to see.
From this post, I'd take it you didnt see the interview. Costas never accused Floyd of being scared. He ASKED Floyd if there was something to fear from Pacquiao. Floyd replied "no" then went on about how he isnt going to be forced into a fight that the fans want to see the way Ali was forced into certain fights that he didnt want to participate in. He then goes on about self preservation and how his health is more important to him.
osreyes77 is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2012, 12:09 PM   #19
Whipdatass
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by megavolt View Post
If you mean like a Freudian slip while under duress, then I'm inclined to agree
No, you mother****ers either need to learn English or get off of Pacquiaos ****. You aren't going to get off of Pacquiaos **** so learn how to decipher a conversation that we all saw.
Whipdatass is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2012, 12:10 PM   #20
BretN
Contender
ESB Senior Member

In no way does that interview insuiate Floyd is ducking Pacquiao.

1. If he was ducking him, why did he try to make the fight for May 5th? If Pacquiao accepted the financial terms offered- the fight would be done.

Everyone blaming Mayweather for this fight not happening.....Pacquiao came up with a million excuses, oh i've got a cut that won't heal in time but i'll still let you offer the fight on that day and then reject and blame you for the financial offer. Think some people are confused! Also, Pacquiao said he's accept less money and then went back on his word. If Floyd did this some of you guys would be screaming from the rooftops but because its RoidDog he's allowed
BretN is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2012, 12:11 PM   #21
megavolt
Constantly Shadowboxing
East Side Guru

Quote:
No, that's not what he said mother****er. You Pac****s deciphered some off the wall message from the interview, and said that Floyd was scared of Pacquiao. He told you he isn't afraid of any man. He told you he tried to negotiate with Pacquiao. He then said he won't be pushed into any fight because of what the fans want to see.
Its not hard to see, he brought it up when it was irrelevant to their topic at hand which is why it brings up the issue

Floyd just said "I'm not scared" but the interviewer didn't follow up and ask again "well why did you bring up health in the first place" where instead he let the pressure die down and switched the topic to compubox
megavolt is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2012, 12:13 PM   #22
Whipdatass
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by osreyes77 View Post
From this post, I'd take it you didnt see the interview. Costas never accused Floyd of being scared. He ASKED Floyd if there was something to fear from Pacquiao. Floyd replied "no" then went on about how he isnt going to be forced into a fight that the fans want to see the way Ali was forced into certain fights that he didnt want to participate in. He then goes on about self preservation and how his health is more important to him.
Exactly. Glad you deciphered some of what Floyd said. Your ****ing comrades didn't do so well.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:13 PM   #23
osreyes77
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BretN View Post

1. If he was ducking him, why did he try to make the fight for May 5th? If Pacquiao accepted the financial terms offered- the fight would be done.

Everyone blaming Mayweather for this fight not happening.....Pacquiao came up with a million excuses, oh i've got a cut that won't heal in time but i'll still let you offer the fight on that day and then reject and blame you for the financial offer. Think some people are confused! Also, Pacquiao said he's accept less money and then went back on his word. If Floyd did this some of you guys would be screaming from the rooftops but because its RoidDog he's allowed
So Pac was suppose to just accept ANY offer from Floyd even if it wasnt an offer made in good faith to get the fight done? A flat fee with no ppv upside? If this same offer was made to Floyd and Floyd turned it down, would you say Floyd ducked Pac because he didnt accept Pac's/Arums offer?
Old 03-05-2012, 12:15 PM   #24
megavolt
Constantly Shadowboxing
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BretN View Post

You didn't answer the question.

Besides the near unanimous consensus before Floyd opened his big mouth was that 50/50 was fair and that anyone who tried to overstep that would be considered ducking.

And Floyd DID go back on his word on testing, which was something he said at the TABLE and not through the media like Pac did.
megavolt is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2012, 12:16 PM   #25
osreyes77
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Exactly. Glad you deciphered some of what Floyd said. Your ****ing comrades didn't do so well.
Of course Floyd was going to say "no". Was he suppose to say "yes, I am scared of Pac"? LOL. Floyd doesnt have to admit that he fears something. He actions and words spell it out for him. There's something about facing Pac that Floyd is uneasy about. He very well may beat him but he is unsure about something and doesnt want to risk the 1 thing he has going for him which is is undefeated record.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:16 PM   #26
Whipdatass
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by megavolt View Post
Its not hard to see, he brought it up when it was irrelevant to their topic at hand which is why it brings up the issue

Floyd just said "I'm not scared" but the interviewer didn't follow up and ask again "well why did you bring up health in the first place" where instead he let the pressure die down and switched the topic to compubox
That's the problem. What Floyd said WAS relevant to the conversation.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:18 PM   #27
megavolt
Constantly Shadowboxing
East Side Guru

Quote:
That's the problem. What Floyd said WAS relevant to the conversation.
Im all ears then. How was "health" relevant to the conversation? (this was the thread topic in the first place)
megavolt is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2012, 12:20 PM   #28
Whipdatass
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by osreyes77 View Post
Of course Floyd was going to say "no". Was he suppose to say "yes, I am scared of Pac"? LOL. Floyd doesnt have to admit that he fears something. He actions and words spell it out for him. There's something about facing Pac that Floyd is uneasy about. He very well may beat him but he is unsure about something and doesnt want to risk the 1 thing he has going for him which is is undefeated record.
Again, this is the type of **** that you Pac****s have to say. You have to after what Marquez did to Pacquiao, lmao!
Old 03-05-2012, 12:42 PM   #29
Anima
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 882

Why did he brought up health when Pac is mentioned? Same with his dad and not against any fighter like Cotto or Hatton or what? haha
Anima is online now  Top
Old 03-05-2012, 12:45 PM   #30
osreyes77
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anima View Post
Why did he brought up health when Pac is mentioned? Same with his dad and not against any fighter like Cotto or Hatton or what? haha
Floyd Mayweather Sr: "I fear for my sons life if he fights that man!"

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum