Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 03-05-2012, 06:52 PM   #31
Pimp C
I Ain't Got No Worries
East Side VIP

vCash: 138
Default Re: Miguel Cotto Admits to Turning a Blind Eye Towards Mayweather for Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut View Post
Exactly what I've been saying for years. The fight made no sense back when Floyd wanted to face Cotto. Why? To feast on a green fighter w/ very little big wins?

Is that why Floyd fought Otiz, and will probably Canelo next? WTF did it prove to beat Cotto at 140 then? Nothing.
Cotto was being built up to be the next Tito. The fight could have happened back then and Cotto wasn't that green he had a belt and had some nice wins over Ndou bailey Maussa Sosa and Corely.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2012, 06:56 PM   #32
Cellz831
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 327
Default Re: Miguel Cotto Admits to Turning a Blind Eye Towards Mayweather for Years

Quote:
Exactly what I've been saying for years. The fight made no sense back when Floyd wanted to face Cotto. Why? To feast on a green fighter w/ very little big wins?

Is that why Floyd fought Otiz, and will probably Canelo next? WTF did it prove to beat Cotto at 140 then? Nothing.
are u claiming that ortiz was a prospect or too green? he was in his prime, a champion, and as good as he'll ever be. solid WW challenger that has been tested unlike Canelo. Floyd fighting someone like Kell Brook would be a joke.
Cellz831 is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2012, 06:56 PM   #33
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp C View Post
Cotto was being built up to be the next Tito. The fight could have happened back then and Cotto wasn't that green he had a belt and had some nice wins over Ndou bailey Maussa Sosa and Corely.
he beat maussa before winning a belt, he fought bailey on his first defense and corley on second (where his weight problems started to appear) and by then monkey may had a 147 fight scheduled with sharmbe the crybaby
Relentless is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2012, 06:58 PM   #34
Gander Tasco
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Did Floyd ever pursue Cotto?
Gander Tasco is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2012, 06:58 PM   #35
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellz831 View Post
are u claiming that ortiz was a prospect or too green? he was in his prime, a champion, and as good as he'll ever be. solid WW challenger that has been tested unlike Canelo. Floyd fighting someone like Kell Brook would be a joke.
ortiz is 23 has one good win in his career and his best win is against wait for it.... andre berto

we dont even know if he has entered his prime yet after quitting multiple times and winning one decent fight.

floyd would never fight kell brook.
Relentless is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2012, 06:59 PM   #36
Scar
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 372

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickstar View Post
"I never spoke to Arum about or pushed for a fight with Mayweather at anytime."

in an interview with ESPN
Only retards thought otherwise back then and still think so right now.

Arum had Concheato and Cotto planned for one another for a while already. All he did was use Mayweather's name to hype them both up with bullshit claims about how he's ducking them when they haven't shown ANY serious interest in making a fight.

Of course Concreto fans, specifically a 60 year old fart living in an Alaskan hut, would argue that a fight with Concreto back when Concreto's biggest win was Andrew "Six heads Zero chins" Lewis is bigger/better/more important than a fight with DLH at 154 for the WBC title.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2012, 06:59 PM   #37
Scar
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 372

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gander Tasco View Post
Did Cotto ever pursue Floyd?
Scar is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2012, 07:00 PM   #38
Hook!
Proud member of team G.
ESB Addict

vCash: 889

Quote:
Originally Posted by gander tasco View Post
did floyd ever pursue cotto?
oh my god, you seriously are the biggest peice of shit on this ****ing site
Hook! is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2012, 07:02 PM   #39
Cellz831
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless View Post
ortiz is 23 has one good win in his career and his best win is against wait for it.... andre berto

we dont even know if he has entered his prime yet after quitting multiple times and winning one decent fight.

floyd would never fight kell brook.
say what u want about Bertoe but hes a dangerous opponent for anybody. and that was a GREAT win for Ortiz. cant blame floyd for the sorry ass WW division we have today.

Brook is joke
Cellz831 is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2012, 07:03 PM   #40
Cellz831
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gander tasco View Post
did floyd ever pursue cotto?
Cellz831 is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2012, 07:05 PM   #41
Pimp C
I Ain't Got No Worries
East Side VIP

vCash: 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gander Tasco View Post
Why in the hell is it on PBF? Hell Cotto wanted what PBF had not the other way around. Cotto should have been knocking down PBF's door.
Pimp C is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2012, 07:07 PM   #42
Jacory Harris
I'm a gorilla I'm a dawg!
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Amen, Amen, Amen!! Preach on KNEEguel! After all, the truth shall set you free you eyebrow plucking queer.
Jacory Harris is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2012, 07:10 PM   #43
boxsensei
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
I did not need Cotto to tell me this, I knew this because I was watching Boxing Back Then, Cotto was Ring Side for Mayweather vs Gatti, even Lampley made a comment about Cotto probably not wanting to fight Mayweather after the way he was destroying Gatti in that fight

these New Boxing fans only go by what they was TOLD not what they know, they was TOLD FOR YEARS from Bob Arum that "Mayweather Ducked Margarito and Cotto" he built them into PPV Draws off of that Notion just like he Built Up Manny off of that Notion of "Pacquiao Is The Guy Mayweather Is Ducking" "Mayweather is scared of Pacquiao" when in actuality Arum is in no rush to make that fight happen himself

Nobody ever stop and think about how Oscar never fought Cotto or Margarito Either? Oscar gives some BS excuse about his Wife being Rican so that is why he won't fight Cotto but I guarantee the real Road Block was BOB ARUM who told Mayweather "HE IS NOT DOING BUSINESS WITH OSCAR" then offered Mayweather the Margarito fight for a Big Amount with the Hope that it would keep Mayweather with Top Rank, but instead Mayweather bought himself out of his Contract and went on to do the Oscar fight...Thus Arum Began To Say "Mayweather Ducked Margarito"

Again I been a Hard Core Boxing Fans for so long that I remember as all of this was Unfolding so I don't fall for the BS that people just MAKE UP because they hate Mayweather So Much, they never tell the FULL STORY as to why Mayweather did not fight Cotto or Margarito back then
Excellent post. I've been saying this for the longest. This whole "Mayweather is a ducker,coward, BS" was started by a jealous Arum who was made because Mayweather left his ass and made the biggest fight in boxing history without him. Because a lot of people don't like Mayweather's personality they choose to believe bullshit. Fact is when history looks back on Floyd, he will ber remebered as a defensive genius and an ATG.
boxsensei is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2012, 07:12 PM   #44
COLD-HARD-TRUTH
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Cotto was a Top Rank company man. He and Pacquiao have always done what they're told. I think Cotto was pissed that Arum backed Margarito after his suspension and that's why he's no longer with Top Rank.
COLD-HARD-TRUTH is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2012, 07:13 PM   #45
Nonito Smoak
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 275

Quote:

What you've been saying for years? Well, what you've been saying since I got on this site is that Mayweather has ducked Pac, Margarito, Cotto, and Kostya. I could be wrong. I've never looked into someones' post history before and won't start, but pretty sure I've seen your little robot Dempsey-Firpo photo on the side of several comments which contradict the first line of your above post.

In pro-Floyd vs. anti-Floyd arguments, the "Floyd ducked Cotto" company line will disappear and will instead be replaced with this.

Even though, I'm not sure what you are trying to say, Lance. Are you saying that Floyd should have never pursued a fight with him in the first place? Do you think Floyd should only ever fight guys around his age or older so they have more savvy and experience? Because that's the only thing I could possibly take from your quote.

So, Salvador Sanchez's win over Azumah Nelson should reflect negatively on Sanchez due to Nelson's lack of experience? Shut the **** up, dude. Your agenda is relentless dude. I haven't read you post anything that you put any thought into if it didn't have to do with Floyd or Manny.
Nonito Smoak is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum