Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 03-05-2012, 08:11 PM   #61
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Miguel Cotto Admits to Turning a Blind Eye Towards Mayweather for Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by jso416 View Post
IMO the best time to have made Mayweather vs Cotto would have been in 2008 after Miguel beat Shane Mosley and Floyd beat Ricky Hatton.

100% true.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2012, 08:36 PM   #62
Capitan
Champion
East Side Guru

Default Re: Miguel Cotto Admits to Turning a Blind Eye Towards Mayweather for Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickstar View Post
"I never spoke to Arum about or pushed for a fight with Mayweather at anytime."

in an interview with ESPN

This is a dmb thread...

While Cotto was undefeated I asked him about Mayweather and he said, " I can't elect for him"

He was frustrated that Mayweather wouldn't fight him.

He always said he wanted the big names and Floyd was one of them!!!

Dumb thread!!!
Capitan is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2012, 08:44 PM   #63
JMM's Pee Pee
God Damn!
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitan View Post
This is a dmb thread...

While Cotto was undefeated I asked him about Mayweather and he said, " I can't elect for him"

He was frustrated that Mayweather wouldn't fight him.

He always said he wanted the big names and Floyd was one of them!!!

Dumb thread!!!
He never spoke to Uncle Bob about it or pushed for a fight with Floyd at anytime, according to him.
JMM's Pee Pee is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2012, 08:45 PM   #64
GTSK
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 200

I dont care what cotto says its not true until pacquiao says so.
GTSK is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2012, 08:59 PM   #65
Samski313
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonito Smoak View Post
What you've been saying for years? Well, what you've been saying since I got on this site is that Mayweather has ducked Pac, Margarito, Cotto, and Kostya. I could be wrong. I've never looked into someones' post history before and won't start, but pretty sure I've seen your little robot Dempsey-Firpo photo on the side of several comments which contradict the first line of your above post.

In pro-Floyd vs. anti-Floyd arguments, the "Floyd ducked Cotto" company line will disappear and will instead be replaced with this.

Even though, I'm not sure what you are trying to say, Lance. Are you saying that Floyd should have never pursued a fight with him in the first place? Do you think Floyd should only ever fight guys around his age or older so they have more savvy and experience? Because that's the only thing I could possibly take from your quote.

So, Salvador Sanchez's win over Azumah Nelson should reflect negatively on Sanchez due to Nelson's lack of experience? Shut the **** up, dude. Your agenda is relentless dude. I haven't read you post anything that you put any thought into if it didn't have to do with Floyd or Manny.

Nobody respects Lance on this site. After reading your post and the rest of the thread after. Its plain to see that Lance will ignore this post and continue is constant bashing of Floyd by addressing other posters besides you.
Samski313 is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2012, 09:00 PM   #66
BENNY BLANCO
R.I.P. Brooklyn1550
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

All roads lead to Money Miguel!!!!
BENNY BLANCO is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2012, 09:54 PM   #67
Plaster...Sad
Contender
ESB Senior Member

If you understand Cotto he is not interested in kissing anyone's ass... He looked at a guy like Floyd, who likes to be the center of attention and thought to himself "what a ****in fag" It was all about not sweating Floyd "call me out so I can pretend I don't hear you" MaybeatHer
Plaster...Sad is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2012, 10:38 PM   #68
thawk888
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaster...Sad View Post
If you understand Cotto he is not interested in kissing anyone's ass... He looked at a guy like Floyd, who likes to be the center of attention and thought to himself "what a ****in fag" It was all about not sweating Floyd "call me out so I can pretend I don't hear you" MaybeatHer
Wow, you made all that up off the top?
thawk888 is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2012, 11:02 PM   #69
compukiller
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut View Post
He never pushed for any fights brainiac. Besides, how does one push for a fight w/ a retired fighter? When Floyd decided to 'retire' and let the top guys slug is out while he waits, is when it made the most sense. Two endefeated fighters at the top of their game. Read some articles for once, you'll see a common theme about Floyd vs. Cotto. It's 5 years too late.
Ok, so Mayweather offered to fight Cotto when he was undefeated and a belt holder, but Cotto wasnt ready yet.

Floyd moves on with his career, becomes lineal champ at 147, beats DLH at 154 for the WBC strap, KO's Hatton, and then takes a break.

So Mayweather should have waited around for Cotto to become ready to fight him, then alter his career path for a fighter whose promoter (as well as the fighter himself) had shown NO interest in getting in with Floyd.

Mayweather was the #1 guy in the sport at the time, and Cotto did NOTHING to try to fight the champ in his own division.

Was Cotto "scared"? I dont think so, but the nature of Top Rank and how they do thier biz would not have allowed Cotto to face Mayweather at the time.

But I'm sure I'm making too much sense for your backwoods, meth smoking, sister ****ing, racist ass!
compukiller is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2012, 11:21 PM   #70
anundecidedarm
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

turning a blind eye is taking it way out of context. He never called out people.
anundecidedarm is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2012, 11:30 PM   #71
compukiller
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by anundecidedarm View Post
turning a blind eye is taking it way out of context. He never called out people.
Yes, he just fought who Arum told him to fight. That's fine if that's what you want to do, but when your promoter is very shy about putting you in with dangerous fighters that he doesnt promote, then it's hard to say any fighter is "ducking" you.
compukiller is offline  Top
Old 03-06-2012, 12:33 AM   #72
MoJoGoodie
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

You dont have to call anyone out but you can tell your promoter who you would like to fight.....i can't imagine a scenario where the contender doesnt want a part of the number one guy in boxing at the time.

Im not saying Cotto would have had a problem fighting Floyd if Arum pushed for it and got it...Cotto would have came in there ready to bang and got his ass handed to him but he would have came to fight.

Arum wanted absolutely NO PARTS of Cotto/Floyd....keep in mind at the time Cotto was his cash cow before the Pacmania.

Arum will never sacrifice his cash cow up to Floyd...until he is good and plump!
MoJoGoodie is offline  Top
Old 03-06-2012, 12:49 AM   #73
Phat_Ass_Dude
Contender
ESB Senior Member

The same goes for Tszyu, Cassamayor, Freitas and Leija. None of them talked about, inquired about, called out nor wanted to fight Mayweather. But there are still THOUSANDS of threads / post saying that FLoyd Mayweather Duck Them all. ESB is slowly turning into Fox News Channel....A bunch of stupid Mother****ers spreading lies knowing that there are even more stupid mother****ers who will believe them.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Phat_Ass_Dude is offline  Top
Old 03-06-2012, 12:55 AM   #74
Cotto(e)
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 637

Floyd:

Yo, Boricua - I'ma need you to tell people I didn't duck yo Rican ass even though I did, namsayin'. You on da MoneyTeam now and we got to sell this fight. In exchange, I will hype you as undefeated.

Cotto(e):

Si.
Cotto(e) is offline  Top
Old 03-06-2012, 01:01 AM   #75
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samski313 View Post
Nobody respects Lance on this site. After reading your post and the rest of the thread after. Its plain to see that Lance will ignore this post and continue is constant bashing of Floyd by addressing other posters besides you.
Nobody respects lance. HOW did I bash Floyd dipshit? Like the other morons, you seem to confuse bashing Floyd fanboys for bashing Floyd. ****in illiterate...
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum