Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 03-06-2012, 02:49 AM   #1
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3071
Default Geale on Mundine : "I am sick of hearing his name"

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

AUSTRALIA'S IBF world middleweight champion Daniel Geale says he would take pleasure in "shutting the mouth of Anthony Mundine for good".
But not beofre he has taken care of the job in Tasmania tomorrow night – defending his title against dangerous Ghanaian challenger Osumanu Adama.
Though million dollar pay days beckon in the United States should the 31-year-old boost his lustre with another exposition of his talent in the second defence of the belt he won against German Sebastian Sylvester in Germany last May, Geale is willing to take a brief de tour by giving Australians a fight he believes they want.
The only blemish on his 26-fight record is his controversial points loss to Mundine in Brisbane in 2009 – and he is keen to erase that smudge on his copybook.
“Frankly, I am sick of hearing his name,” Geale told The Australian ahead of the double header at Hobart’s Derwent Entertainment Centre which also features fellow Australian Bill y ‘The Kid’ Dib defending his IBF featherweight crown against Mexican mauler Eduardo Escobedo.

“I’ve already given him times and places. He goes off to America trying to get himself a deal with Top Rank and says he wants to face the best … well the best is in his backyard back home in Australia waiting for him.
“I think a lot of Australians would like to see me shut Anthony’s mouth for good. It’s a fight that would probably interest the public more than me in some ways but if it happens I am open to it and I would certainly win it.
“He has dropped down to junior middleweight which I feel has put extra pressure in him and has been a silly move … if he comes back up to middleweight I am waiting for him. Like or hate him, he has been good for the sport. But if it’s me that needs to silence permanently then I am happy to oblige.”
Geale’s charismatic and erudite American promoter Gary Shaw – who represented boxing royalty like Lennox Lewis, Manny Pacquiao and Mike Tyson - is withering in his assessment of Mundine, 36, who has forged an alliance with US manager Cameron Dunkin and covets duels against the likes of WBC middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jnr or WBC junior-middleweight champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez.
But Shaw claims that is the stuff of fantasy, declaring: “The only thing Anthony Mundine is known for back in America are his tasteless and inflammatory comments over 9/11.
“He has zero cachet in America … nobody talks, writes or knows about him other than the nasty things he said after 9/11 terrorist attacks. He is known for all the wrong reasons.
“The fact that he has gone over and signed some sort of deal with Top Rank doesn’t mean anything … they are focused on the likes of Yuriorkis Gamboa and Manny Pacquiao and Mundine is a very small fish.
“Where is Mundine going? There is only one fight for him – and that’s Daniel.”
“We would like to finish him off once and for all. He has two choices: either fight Daniel or exit the stage.”
Meanwhile Geale has the very real prospect of future clashes against luminaries like WBO middleweight champion Dmitry Pirog in Russia or the US, or durable German WBA champion Felix Sturm, Jermaine Taylor or Sergio Martinez in America.
“I’ll go back after this fight – and God willing we win – and see what I can do with HBO and Showtime to make this happen,” Shaw said.
“Daniel is a very underrated fighter … I’ve been following him for a while. This is my third fight with him and his defining fights will be in the states. In my view he is the best 160 pound fighter in the world.”
Tomorrow’s opponent in his home state has an impressive professional record of 20 wins (15 knockouts) and claims Geale wan “lay a glove on me” and is “always running away”.
“His punches don’t have any power and he is scared to stand up and fight,” he goads.
Geale’s injured right hand forced him to move around more in his world title defence against US-based Nigerian Eromosele Albert than he would have liked but he has promised to vent his full undistilled fury.
“I think he will find out just how well healed the right hand is,” he added. “A lot of people under-estimate me … that’s his problem.”
20a87 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2012, 02:53 AM   #2
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Geale on Mundine : "I am sick of hearing his name"

Geale is starting to sound like Danny Green, Choc's name is always in his mouth. Deep down Geale knows that he will lose his belt if he fights Mundine again.
20a87 is offline  Top
Old 03-06-2012, 02:56 AM   #3
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20a87 View Post
Geale is starting to sound like Danny Green, Choc's name is always in his mouth. Deep down Geale knows that he will lose his belt if he fights Mundine again.
You've always got something of Choc's in your mouth too
TheDuke is offline  Top
Old 03-06-2012, 03:11 AM   #4
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

He's not as Mundine obsessed as Green yet 20a87.
But I hope he doesn't continue with this shit.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 03-06-2012, 03:37 AM   #5
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
Geale sounds like he's starting to get sick of having an empty wallet, and realizes fighting in Tasmania isnt going to make it fill up.

He should either change sports, or just be happy with fighting tomato cans for peanuts.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 03-06-2012, 03:38 AM   #6
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict

vCash: 2746

**** mundine, highlight reel Geale should take on chavez Jr
StiffJab is offline  Top
Old 03-06-2012, 04:39 AM   #7
dominator
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1397

Quote:
It's surprising he looks to be making a point of calling out Mundine. I reckon he's getting influenced by those around him as it seems out of character.

It is definitely getting him headlines in the press, but if I was Mundine, I'd be laughing at it all.
dominator is offline  Top
Old 03-06-2012, 04:42 AM   #8
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Geale needs to forget about Mundine and make his own way in boxing.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Old 03-06-2012, 05:03 AM   #9
ALTogethernow
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Geale needs to focus on his rematch with Adama (after he gets knocked out in 6 by the c grade journeyman tommorrow )
ALTogethernow is offline  Top
Old 03-06-2012, 05:10 AM   #10
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALTogethernow View Post
Geale needs to focus on his rematch with Adama (after he gets knocked out in 6 by the c grade journeyman tommorrow )
Sox is offline  Top
Old 03-06-2012, 07:20 AM   #11
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALTogethernow View Post
If Adama is C grade then in all seriousness what is Garth Wood??

F grade???
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 03-06-2012, 09:13 AM   #12
boxoncottonon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 850

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20a87 View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

AUSTRALIA'S IBF world middleweight champion Daniel Geale says he would take pleasure in "shutting the mouth of Anthony Mundine for good".
But not beofre he has taken care of the job in Tasmania tomorrow night – defending his title against dangerous Ghanaian knocked challenger Osumanu Adama.
Though million dollar pay days beckon in the United States should the 31-year-old boost his lustre with another exposition of his talent in the second defence of the belt he won against German Sebastian Sylvester in Germany last May out, Geale is willing to take a brief de tour by giving Australians a fight he believes they want.
The only blemish on his 26-fight record is his controversial points loss to Mundine in Brisbane in 2009 – and he is keen to by erase that smudge on his copybook.
“Frankly, I am sick of hearing his name,” Geale told The Australian ahead of the double header at Hobart’s Derwent Entertainment Centre which also features fellow Australian Bill y ‘The Kid’ Dib defending his IBF featherweight crown against Mexican mauler Eduardo Escobedo.

“I’ve already given him times and places. He goes off to America trying to get himself a deal with Top Rank and says he wants to face the best … well the best is in his backyard back home in Australia waiting for him.
“I think a lot of Australians would like to see me shut Anthony’s mouth for good. It’s a fight that would probably interest the public more than me in some ways but if it happens I am open to it and I would certainly win it.
“He has dropped down to junior middleweight which I feel has put extra pressure in him and has been a silly move … if he comes back up to middleweight I am waiting for him. Like or hate him Garth, he has been good for the sport. But if it’s me that needs to silence permanently then I am happy to oblige.”
Geale’s charismatic and erudite American promoter Gary Shaw – who represented boxing royalty like Lennox Lewis, Manny Pacquiao and Mike Tyson - is withering in his assessment of Mundine, 36, who has forged an alliance with US manager Cameron Dunkin and covets duels against the likes of WBC middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jnr or WBC junior-middleweight champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez.
But Shaw claims that is the stuff of fantasy, declaring: “The only thing Anthony Mundine is known for back in America are his tasteless and inflammatory comments over 9/11.
“He has zero cachet in America … nobody talks Wood , writes or knows about him other than the nasty things he said after 9/11 terrorist attacks. He is known for all the wrong reasons.

Garth Wood
boxoncottonon is offline  Top
Old 03-06-2012, 09:24 AM   #13
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Quote:
He certainly is headed down the Green Avenue.
teke is offline  Top
Old 03-06-2012, 12:22 PM   #14
aussie opinion
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 925

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke View Post
He certainly is headed down the Green Avenue.
For a person of his record he fighting people within the top 15 for his 4 fights did mundine or green ever do that ?
aussie opinion is offline  Top
Old 03-06-2012, 01:45 PM   #15
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxoncottonon View Post
Garth Wood
I don't know what is lamer, that you actually took the time to do that or that you thought it was funny .
20a87 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum