Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2012, 04:33 PM   #16
ThinBlack
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,384
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Worst performance in a stoppage win

Page-Evangelista.
ThinBlack is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2012, 04:46 PM   #17
Momus
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 943
vCash: 500
Default Re: Worst performance in a stoppage win

Lewis-Bruno
Tucker-Douglas
Jones-Lucas
Louis-Conn
Hamed-Kelley
Clay-Cooper
Tyson-Botha


Hard to pick really, as stoppages don't come by accident. Generally you have to do something good at some point to force the stoppage.
Momus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:55 PM   #18
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: @ferociousflea
Posts: 39,854
vCash: 75
Default Re: Worst performance in a stoppage win

Hamed-Kelley was a mutual shootout. No one ha a 'bad' showing in that fight IMO. Some good shouts though
Flea Man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:57 PM   #19
Lester1583
Can you hear this?
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,213
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Worst performance in a stoppage win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momus View Post
Jones-Lucas
???
Lester1583 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:03 PM   #20
Momus
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 943
vCash: 500
Default Re: Worst performance in a stoppage win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
Hamed-Kelley was a mutual shootout. No one ha a 'bad' showing in that fight IMO. Some good shouts though
I think it depends on what you consider Hamed's level to be. At his best and fighting up to his talent, I don't think he should have had too much trouble with Kelley. Certainly not 3 knockdown's worth of trouble. I think Hamed underestimated Kelley, got dumped in the first round after he had backed Kelley into a corner, and after that point just got dragged into the shootout.
Momus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:04 PM   #21
Momus
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 943
vCash: 500
Default Re: Worst performance in a stoppage win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester1583 View Post
???
Roy obviously had no trouble at all, but it was a very uninspired performance compared to what he was capable of at that point in his career.
Momus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:06 PM   #22
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 8,697
vCash: 1166
Default Re: Worst performance in a stoppage win

Eder vs Fukuyama.....it is a war apparently......and the way he puts a end in the bout is great ! But that Jofre´s performance wasn´t too good....Not sure what you guys think but Eder was too hittable there, certainly one of his worse on film (only a clip avaliable though).....
Vic-JofreBRASIL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:08 PM   #23
TBooze
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: South of London
Posts: 10,865
vCash: 301
Default Re: Worst performance in a stoppage win

It is the only way he is ever going to get mentioned in this forum, but a fight of very recent vintage Harrison/SprottII...
TBooze is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:19 PM   #24
Webbiano
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: England
Posts: 2,788
vCash: 500
Default Re: Worst performance in a stoppage win

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBooze View Post
It is the only way he is ever going to get mentioned in this forum, but a fight of very recent vintage Harrison/SprottII...
Great shout
Webbiano is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:48 PM   #25
Duodenum
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,803
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Worst performance in a stoppage win

Jerry Quarry-Lorenzo Zanon. Jerry lost all of the first seven completed rounds and looked dreadful. Fortunately for him, Zanon couldn't take a punch.

I'll throw in Mercer-Damiani. The Italian was a cutie who was giving Mercer a pretty good schooling, when a freak light uppercut grazed and shattered his nose. But what Holmes later did to Ray was not surprising in light of this one (which should have been a flashing red light to Mercer).
Duodenum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:50 PM   #26
Nightcrawler
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada!!!!
Posts: 2,215
vCash: 500
Default Re: Worst performance in a stoppage win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duodenum View Post
Jerry Quarry-Lorenzo Zanon. Jerry lost all of the first seven completed rounds and looked dreadful. Fortunately for him, Zanon couldn't take a punch.

I'll throw in Mercer-Damiani. The Italian was a cutie who was giving Mercer a pretty good schooling, when a freak light uppercut grazed and shattered his nose. But what Holmes later did to Ray was not surprising in light of this one (which should have been a flashing red light to Mercer).
let's throw mercer-morrison in for good measure. some of the best combinations 90s heavyweight boxing produced by morrison. it was BRUTAL some rounds until the knockout
Nightcrawler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:01 PM   #27
El Bujia
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The dirty dirty.
Posts: 5,376
vCash: 500
Default Re: Worst performance in a stoppage win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momus View Post
I think it depends on what you consider Hamed's level to be. At his best and fighting up to his talent, I don't think he should have had too much trouble with Kelley. Certainly not 3 knockdown's worth of trouble. I think Hamed underestimated Kelley, got dumped in the first round after he had backed Kelley into a corner, and after that point just got dragged into the shootout.
Hamed was at his best. Kelley was the one who was past it by the time of that fight.
El Bujia is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:12 PM   #28
Momus
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 943
vCash: 500
Default Re: Worst performance in a stoppage win

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bujia View Post
Hamed was at his best. Kelley was the one who was past it by the time of that fight.
I agree, and that was my point. Hamed was at his physical prime, Kelley was past his, and Hamed was the better fighter overall irrespective of primes.

The fact that Hamed was dropped, hurt, and had to be rescued by his power indicates that it was a subpar performance. It was one of the best fights of the decade, but that shouldn't obscure that Hamed didn't perform to the level he could.
Momus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:20 PM   #29
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England, Up North
Posts: 22,756
vCash: 330
Default Re: Worst performance in a stoppage win

Can't believe I saw byrd-vitali mentioned!

Flea, you mean shimoda I think, great shout.

My call is thompson v that south african. Carl got his shit pushed in.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:32 PM   #30
Webbiano
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: England
Posts: 2,788
vCash: 500
Default Re: Worst performance in a stoppage win

Byrd was getting ****ing dominated
Webbiano is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013