Old 03-10-2012, 10:46 AM   #16
spooky
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: First MMA fight Sunday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarngold View Post
Good luck with your protege's match. Hopefully they match him up with another boxer so he doesn't get thrown and submitted.

MMA making bitchbikes since 1993.
I am a boxer.... and really dont see what all the ufc mma hoopla is all about. NOT a fan. I have never seen a true boxer fight MMA. We have seen some old washed-up boxers give it a try.

Most will not fight in MMA because there is more money in boxing. I may try it one day, but before now i really haven't had any interest in that sport.

I do believe a good boxer will dictate an MMA fight. you will never get close enough to throw me or submit me. you can shoot on me and you will get popped. you try a kick, get popped. If we go to the ground it will be me on top beating on that liver.

as far as my guy. He has zero experience in boxing or MMA. He is the underdog and not expected to be much of a test for the house fighter. He asked me to train and spar with him. I did. Now we are going to box... thats all I know.
spooky is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2012, 12:05 PM   #17
Markyboy86
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

How many world titles you won bro?
Markyboy86 is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2012, 12:40 PM   #18
SouthpawSlayer
Im coming for you
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky View Post
I am a boxer.... and really dont see what all the ufc mma hoopla is all about. NOT a fan. I have never seen a true boxer fight MMA. We have seen some old washed-up boxers give it a try.

Most will not fight in MMA because there is more money in boxing. I may try it one day, but before now i really haven't had any interest in that sport.

I do believe a good boxer will dictate an MMA fight. you will never get close enough to throw me or submit me. you can shoot on me and you will get popped. you try a kick, get popped. If we go to the ground it will be me on top beating on that liver.

as far as my guy. He has zero experience in boxing or MMA. He is the underdog and not expected to be much of a test for the house fighter. He asked me to train and spar with him. I did. Now we are going to box... thats all I know.
troll
SouthpawSlayer is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2012, 12:47 PM   #19
Lynchburg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1449

Quote:

Nice trolling.

If this was true you and your friend would both be mugs!

He will get taken down in about 1 minuted and submitted in less time.

If i spar a boxer/kickboxer that is what i do... close the gap fast and drag them down any way i can... then i go for the limbs!

Lynchburg
Lynchburg is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2012, 01:11 PM   #20
Flash Jab
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 100

If you're not trolling, which you obviously are, I hope you get suplexed on your head. To go into MMA with such an ignorant mindset is setting yourself up to fail and fail hard at it. Respect other fighting styles.
Flash Jab is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2012, 01:20 PM   #21
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Hope your man gets caught in a kneebar and defecates in his trunks.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2012, 01:31 PM   #22
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

They could rename it a peebar.....
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2012, 05:03 PM   #23
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Okay, let's hope he pisses his pants as well
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2012, 06:41 PM   #24
Primate
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNsrK6P9QvI[/ame]
Primate is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2012, 11:20 PM   #25
PIRA
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Did not see the troll coming.

Time for a thread hijack!
PIRA is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2012, 03:29 AM   #26
Ai-edy2007
STOCKTON 209 MOTHER****ER
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

cool story bro
Ai-edy2007 is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2012, 03:35 AM   #27
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIRA View Post
Did not see the troll coming.
Had a sniff of something early days PIRA. But the stench of troll did take a little while to woft across
Old 03-11-2012, 06:14 AM   #28
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:
Im training a fighter who is making his MMA debut Sunday night. I dont know dick about MMA.... I am a boxer who is training a boxer for the cage. Thats right, we are going to throw hands and bring the pain. No rolling around... none of that grab ass shit. just Box. WAR!

check it out at warfaremma.com

Got a love that shit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2012, 10:36 AM   #29
spooky
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Update. Weigh in was last night. fight is at 145.

my guy cut down to 143. easy. and looked ripped.

his opponent came in at 150. wtf?

we are going to do it anyways. WAR!
spooky is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2012, 10:44 AM   #30
spooky
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Jab View Post
If you're not trolling, which you obviously are, I hope you get suplexed on your head. To go into MMA with such an ignorant mindset is setting yourself up to fail and fail hard at it. Respect other fighting styles.

I respect anyone who has the balls to get in the ring/cage. IMO there is no such thing as an easy fight.

I really cant see this guy closing the distance without getting nailed coming in. as far as failure... you may be right.... but i hope my guy holds his own.

I repeat, I did not ask for this! and would not advise anyone to do MMA without knowing the ground game. He asked me to help him. I told him I dont know dick about MMA and can only help him with boxing. He said Lets Box.
spooky is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum