Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 03-10-2012, 01:59 AM   #16
Hands of Iron
#MSE
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Who wins the Ali of the Holmes fight versus the Foreman of the Holyfield fight

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5ZHfzaQMpM&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5ZHfzaQMpM&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7lf_T98kxU&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7lf_T98kxU&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Last edited by Hands of Iron; 03-10-2012 at 02:22 AM.
Hands of Iron is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2012, 04:21 AM   #17
Stevie G
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who wins the Ali of the Holmes fight versus the Foreman of the Holyfield fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by punchy View Post
Who wins the Ali of the Holmes fight versus the Foreman of the Holyfield fight. I say Foreman he just aged better
Obviously Foreman wins. Ali very stupidly took thyrolar,as we all know,and he had already got Parkinsons Disease. It was a miracle that he lasted as long as he did against Holmes.
Stevie G is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2012, 06:19 AM   #18
frankenfrank
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 4120

Quote:
Who wins the Ali of the Holmes fight versus the Foreman of the Holyfield fight. I say Foreman he just aged better
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalasinn View Post
Is this some lame attempt at a sick joke?
No , it's just old Ali vs n even older Foreman whom was obese and could barely stand on his feet and found it near impossible 2 rise from his stool therefore he didn't sit between rds , I take it's a sign of great condition .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Iron View Post
Foreman KO1

RockysSplitNose would probably claim that both were equally shot though.
Not far from d truth .
Quote:
Foreman wasnt ever shot. He didnt even lose to Briggs six years later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOliverKlozoff View Post
Or maybe you should've said old Foreman was still a viable contender and Ali was obviously completely shot and had Parkinson's and therefore this thread is beyond retarded?
Quote:
Look At Foreman, Six Years after the proposed version in this thread:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Quote:
I agree sir. 9-3... At worst?

People can pop jokes all they want. George still had serious definition on those 20" pipes even at 48.
now d usual rampage of morons , it can't be done without it .
frankenfrank is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2012, 07:43 AM   #19
punchy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Looking at the photo of Foreman hitting Briggs he would be considered in good shape compared to some of the fighters of today, where we looked at him as overweight. I didn't expect the nasty replies over this to be honest.
punchy is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2012, 09:20 AM   #20
Guyfawkes
Than who was phone?!
ESB Senior Member

Jesus Christ Op, Ali could barely even throw a shot back against Holmes, he could do nothing but back into the corner and take punishment

Foreman was still beating ranked contenders, and he went 12 with Holyfield, giving him a very competitive fight and soaking up any and all punishment Evander could dish out

Hell after the fight Holyfield said Foreman hit him the hardest he's ever been hit, Ali was merely trying to survive against Holmes, if it had Been George in there it would've been a much sadder story for him
Guyfawkes is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2012, 10:28 AM   #21
he grant
Historian/Film Maker
East Side Guru

I say the Foreman of the Holyfield beats the Ali of the Shavers fight, let alone the Holmes fight ...
he grant is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2012, 11:27 AM   #22
frankenfrank
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by he grant View Post
I say the Foreman of the Holyfield beats the Ali of the Shavers fight, let alone the Holmes fight ...
Next thing it will b Foreman of d Holyfield fight beating Foreman of d Ali fight and Ali of d Foreman fight , and no , neither of these is my opinion .
Old 03-10-2012, 01:08 PM   #23
Webbiano
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Foreman with ease. Take it easy on punchy though, I've seen a few threads like this thrown around and they're good threads aswell. I think he just didn't think this one through before making it.
Webbiano is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2012, 03:10 PM   #24
RockysSplitNose
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Don't really understand the remark from iron hands??? Why would I say they were equally shot??? I obviously touched a nerve with him from an earlier thread when I suggested that the older Foreman was a worser fighter than the younger version?? I suppose Foreman should've not bothered turning pro until he was 40 hey? I mean what would be the point of being a pro fighter when your younger?? I mean nobodies better when they're younger right?? That would be ridiculous wouldn't it??
RockysSplitNose is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2012, 03:14 PM   #25
frankenfrank
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockysSplitNose View Post
Don't really understand the remark from iron hands??? Why would I say they were equally shot??? I obviously touched a nerve with him from an earlier thread when I suggested that the older Foreman was a worser fighter than the younger version?? I suppose Foreman should've not bothered turning pro until he was 40 hey? I mean what would be the point of being a pro fighter when your younger?? I mean nobodies better when they're younger right?? That would be ridiculous wouldn't it??
Old 03-10-2012, 04:43 PM   #26
he grant
Historian/Film Maker
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankenfrank View Post
Next thing it will b Foreman of d Holyfield fight beating Foreman of d Ali fight and Ali of d Foreman fight , and no , neither of these is my opinion .
Hardly. Perhaps if you ever watched the Shavers fight you would know the severe beating ALi took and that in his next fight he was defeated by seven fight novice Leon Spinks .. I think the Foreman that fought Holyfield was far superior to that Shavers and would have been too much .. likely won a decision off his jab and strength ..
he grant is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2012, 04:48 PM   #27
Hands of Iron
#MSE
East Side Guru

Delete

Last edited by Hands of Iron; 03-10-2012 at 07:11 PM.
Old 03-10-2012, 05:05 PM   #28
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1010

I think George stops Ali.
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2012, 07:16 PM   #29
Hands of Iron
#MSE
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockysSplitNose View Post
Don't really understand the remark from iron hands??? Why would I say they were equally shot???
First of all, half serious.

Although you all but made a direct comparison between the two.

Quote:
I obviously touched a nerve with him from an earlier thread when I suggested that the older Foreman was a worser fighter than the younger version??
No nerves touched. This place is an entertaining escape.

Quote:
I suppose Foreman should've not bothered turning pro until he was 40 hey? I mean what would be the point of being a pro fighter when your younger?? I mean nobodies better when they're younger right?? That would be ridiculous wouldn't it??
Who said he wasnt a better fighter in his first career? That doesnt mean the guy is an "ancient has been" -- you were being preposterous and went over the top trying to slander Holyfield's entire resume in that thread. That's far more of an insult to Foreman than it is the quality of win for Holyfield. Even Holmes got better treatment from you there. Anyways, He was a rated fighter who recaptured the title three years after the Holyfield fight. What other ancient has been has done similar?

I'm not here to bicker with people. And actually - not comparing him to Foreman but rather the above statement - I'd say someone like Jersey Joe Walcott was much closer to his best around the time he fought Marciano the first time. People deride him for being in his late 30s and never fighting again post-Marciano bouts, but if you watch the fight, he's not performing anything like someone past it. Great fighter, Great win. Probably his best. You'd agree with that, wouldnt you?
Old 03-12-2012, 12:12 AM   #30
kenmore
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 103

Quote:
I completely agree. The 1991 Foreman would have whipped the 1980 Ali.
kenmore is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum