Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 01-07-2008, 12:16 AM   #31
percy davo
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Unfortunately...

Just realy pisses me off hearing off these supposed match ups.
Why would Soliman want the fight? $$$$$. nothing else he would be KO much quicker this time round.
Come on people lets not talk bullshit here no mention of this match up except here and no one would want to see it all over again.
Soliman is way past it and should hang up the gloves now before it gets to embarrasing
percy davo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2008, 12:19 AM   #32
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by percy davo
Just realy pisses me off hearing off these supposed match ups.
Why would Soliman want the fight? $$$$$. nothing else he would be KO much quicker this time round.
Come on people lets not talk bullshit here no mention of this match up except here and no one would want to see it all over again.
Soliman is way past it and should hang up the gloves now before it gets to embarrasing
Why he continues to campaign at SMW i have no idea. I honestly cant see him coming even close to beating any of the top 10 guys
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 01-07-2008, 12:23 AM   #33
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxing_banker
Why he continues to campaign at SMW i have no idea. I honestly cant see him coming even close to beating any of the top 10 guys
Could be he feels he wouldn't be able to do much better at MW, with the likes of Taylor, Pavlik, etc?

Or maybe he is just looking at one last fight, for big $$$, whihc would mean Mundine.
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 01-07-2008, 12:28 AM   #34
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Quote:
Originally Posted by the beaver
He shld fight Hamdan (March) as announced
Bika in (May)
Green (August) LHW title
Calzaghe (November) unify LHW titles as Calz wld have taken BHops by then

Sounds abit far fetched ?? What do u think ??
That is a very realistic and good plan.

I cant believe how many ppl are picking Joe to take Hopkins easy. Hopkins is probably the smartest fighter to enter a ring amongst todays bunch. Joe will have to fight at Hopkins pace not the other way around.

Hopkins is something like 9-0 agaisnt Southpaws due to his great timing with his right hand. He never misses with it. He will be the stronger man out of the two evn though he has been at MW his entire career aprt from a few fights. I really want this fight to happen. If it doesnt it will be because of Joe.
teke is offline  Top
Old 01-07-2008, 12:31 AM   #35
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke
That is a very realistic and good plan.

I cant believe how many ppl are picking Joe to take Hopkins easy. Hopkins is probably the smartest fighter to enter a ring. Joe will have to fight at Hopkins pace not the other way around.

Hopkins is something like 9-0 agaisnt Southpaws due to his great timing with his right hand. He never misses with it. He will be the stronger man out of the two evn though he has been at MW his entire career aprt from a few fights. I really want this fight to happen. If it doesnt it will be because of Joe.
I gotta agree with u teke.
I have avoided discussing the match until its confirmed, but yeh i will tip Hopkins too.
One of the hardest boxers to break down, & i agree 1 of the smartest boxers i have ever seen.
He is so subtle with his moves & strategies that it takes his opponents many rounds regularly to realise what he is doing.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 01-07-2008, 12:39 AM   #36
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegsy
I have avoided discussing the match until its confirmed, but yeh i will tip Hopkins too.
One of the hardest boxers to break down, & i agree 1 of the smartest boxers i have ever seen.
He is so subtle with his moves & strategies that it takes his opponents many rounds regularly to realise what he is doing.
I watched this little bit on him while he was training and he was talking about how he was going to fight his upcoming opponent. He was showing everyone his footwork for the fight cause he felt thats how he would win it...after his quick explanation he went on showing moves he used for past opponents and named them. It was eye opening cause if u go back and watch the fights you will see it actually happened.

He's not the flashiest fighter but he is so dam effective. I felt he won the Taylor fights from an effective pt of view but lost on pure laziness or not hitting the start button sooner.
teke is offline  Top
Old 01-07-2008, 12:42 AM   #37
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegsy
im taking B-Hop by decision. He is such a crafty old bastard and always comes in tip top shape. He doesnt throw alot of punches but he makes them all count. He uses rough housing tactics very effectively and also throws from obscure angles. I know Joe can adapt to alost anyone but i feel Hopkins will confuse the hell out of him and frustrate him with his great defense.
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 01-07-2008, 01:56 AM   #38
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

First off if Mundine fights either Green or Soliman it is an absolute joke. NO QUESTION. He beat both of them convincingly. If he goes for a rematch he is merely a ridiculous paradox, a coward in the sport of boxing. He should be looking to unify the belts or take on genuine top ten contenders that will help to solidify his ranking within the division. Mundine is loaded IT SHOULD NOT BE ABOUT THE $$$$$. In regards to Hop v Cal, Cal has the higher workrate, the quicker hands and is the better fighter both inside and out. How will an OLD Hopkins win. If this fight is made I am putting the house on Calzaghe. Hopkins rough house tactics WILL NOT work because of the phenomanel in fighting ability. IMO it is absolute suicide to fight against Calzaghe on the inside. And from the outside Joe is faster both on the feet and with his hands, and is far less reluctant then Hop is to trade. Joe takes this hands down in a very boring and frustrating fight due to the constant lateral movement and illegal tactics from B Hop.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 01-07-2008, 02:01 AM   #39
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

I can't believe that people here actually seem to think a Danny Green bout is something worth waiting for again. There is about as much call for a rematch as Joe v Lacy. ZERO, NONE, ZILCH. Wake up everyone. Mundine should be looking for new territory. If he were a real fighter he would be looking to avenge his loss to Kessler, unify belts or look for the best challengers in other divisions. To his supporters, aren't you ashamed to see a man who claimed ruling the boxing world as his highest priority fighting guys that should not even be sanctioned to be in the same ring as himself. Or beating fighters with only a couple years left in his career that he has already beaten. The man is a COMPLETE FRAUD and will hopefully get KTFO very shortly. Anthony Mundine both the boxer and the man is an embarrassment to both the sport of boxing and to Australia. A sell out, who will say anything to earn a buck. What a waste.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 01-07-2008, 02:41 AM   #40
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
I can't believe that people here actually seem to think a Danny Green bout is something worth waiting for again. There is about as much call for a rematch as Joe v Lacy. ZERO, NONE, ZILCH. Wake up everyone. Mundine should be looking for new territory. If he were a real fighter he would be looking to avenge his loss to Kessler, unify belts or look for the best challengers in other divisions. To his supporters, aren't you ashamed to see a man who claimed ruling the boxing world as his highest priority fighting guys that should not even be sanctioned to be in the same ring as himself. Or beating fighters with only a couple years left in his career that he has already beaten. The man is a COMPLETE FRAUD and will hopefully get KTFO very shortly. Anthony Mundine both the boxer and the man is an embarrassment to both the sport of boxing and to Australia. A sell out, who will say anything to earn a buck. What a waste.
I dont want him to fight Green but it is a competitive fight (Soliman is not) he should be in while waiting for a better fight. Of course he should going for a Kessler rematch. Everyone makes out it is Mundines fault he cant get the names in the division, ummm i dont see anyone calling him out.

Wind must be blowing a different way today ya windsock. Calling him a Fraud and embarassment to Australia and its boxing when you have been on his nuts from day 1.

Last edited by teke; 01-07-2008 at 03:34 AM.
teke is offline  Top
Old 01-07-2008, 02:49 AM   #41
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
First off if Mundine fights either Green or Soliman it is an absolute joke. NO QUESTION. He beat both of them convincingly. If he goes for a rematch he is merely a ridiculous paradox, a coward in the sport of boxing. He should be looking to unify the belts or take on genuine top ten contenders that will help to solidify his ranking within the division. Mundine is loaded IT SHOULD NOT BE ABOUT THE $$$$$. In regards to Hop v Cal, Cal has the higher workrate, the quicker hands and is the better fighter both inside and out. How will an OLD Hopkins win. If this fight is made I am putting the house on Calzaghe. Hopkins rough house tactics WILL NOT work because of the phenomanel in fighting ability. IMO it is absolute suicide to fight against Calzaghe on the inside. And from the outside Joe is faster both on the feet and with his hands, and is far less reluctant then Hop is to trade. Joe takes this hands down in a very boring and frustrating fight due to the constant lateral movement and illegal tactics from B Hop.
Well there is pet peev for me, telling someone "it shouldnt be about the dollars" Assuming someone is loaded and then telling him (the person who gets hit in the head for a living) it shouldnt be about the dollars

I can agree with your analysis of Joe vs Hopkins but i dont see it as clear cut as you do.
teke is offline  Top
Old 01-07-2008, 03:51 AM   #42
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

No way do I see Hopkins beating Calzaghe...no freaking way.

Calzaghe is just to freaking busy for B-Hop to handle.

If Taylor was able to outwork B-Hop, what's Calzaghe gonna do to him?

Calzaghe UD.
Old 01-07-2008, 03:59 AM   #43
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by muttley
No way do I see Hopkins beating Calzaghe...no freaking way.

Calzaghe is just to freaking busy for B-Hop to handle.

If Taylor was able to outwork B-Hop, what's Calzaghe gonna do to him?

Calzaghe UD.
Well i didnt see it as a clear cut win for Taylor in the fights, Bhop put some real hurt on him in the middle and late rounds of both fights. I honestly think he was waiting too long for no reason.

I have put all my vcash on RJJ against Trinidad but I def wont be betting if Joe was to fight Bhop. It wont be a easy Joe win ppl expect.
teke is offline  Top
Old 01-07-2008, 04:04 AM   #44
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke
Well i didnt see it as a clear cut win for Taylor in the fights, Bhop put some real hurt on him in the middle and late rounds of both fights. I honestly think he was waiting too long for no reason.

I have put all my vcash on RJJ against Trinidad but I def wont be betting if Joe was to fight Bhop. It wont be a easy Joe win ppl expect.
Yeah, but do you consider Taylor to be close to Calzaghe's level?
Old 01-07-2008, 04:10 AM   #45
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by muttley

Yeah, but do you consider Taylor to be close to Calzaghe's level?

I certainly don't and that's why it's Calzaghe for me as well
kel is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum