Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2008, 01:44 AM   #61
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bulldogs v Titans 2013 GF
Posts: 7,740
vCash: 2611
Default Re: Unfortunately...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
Cmon mate this is complete crap. I couldn't give a shit about the belts. Are you saying you put more stock in a belt then the opponent? Because I sure as hell don't. Mundine has been a pro league player, and a pro boxer for years earning multiple millions. I don't have to be looking at his bank statements to know he isn't exactly hard up for a buck. Regardless, if he said it was about the money that would be fine, but the guy claims that he wants to rule the boxing world, and that its his top priority. Clearly this is NOT true. He is at the end of his career, he has made his money, he has got his titles. He should be looking for fights that define his legacy, not to defend against bums and turn himself into a joke. You are making all the excuses in the world for him.
Why the **** would i want to make excuses for Mundine, and for a start what ****ing excuses am i making?

I first commented that "my pet peev is others telling ppl how they should earn their money" You have no idea how much he has earnt or earns let alone expenses he pays out or his future goals, simple as that.

I dont give more stock in belts over credible opponents, i commented on you mentioning "paper belt" when in the past you have been quick to use the "he hasnt got a real title" Now that Mundine wants to go for a REAL title (Dannys) you have a little dig at his fans for wanting it

Can you see my pts?
teke is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2008, 01:54 AM   #62
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bulldogs v Titans 2013 GF
Posts: 7,740
vCash: 2611
Default Re: Unfortunately...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
What rubbish. Name me 3 world or interim world champions who have defended against the competition Mundine has in recent times. Now tell me how you have defended these champions? Are you saying that if Cotto decided to now take on a guy from some 3rd world country who had never EVEN FOUGHT PAST THE 8TH ROUND BEFORE you would consider it legitimate? How about if he then fought a guy of equal level again for his next fight? How about if he then fought a crappy domestic level fighter coming off a loss to a contender (hamden)? If you think that is defendable then I don't know why you even watch boxing. Competitive sport obviously does not interest you in any way shape or form. Maybe world championship wrestling is more your forte? I know you are a massive supporter of his, but its time to take the blinkers off and get a grip on reality. Mundine has no respect for himself as a fighter or as a person. He is content to be a media clown, that makes a mockery of boxing by bribing the sanctioning bodies. If you were truely a fan of Mundine you would be as thoroughly dissapointed as I am with his actions.
The ISSUE i have commented on many times on this board is "Fighters can choose to develop their career (earn $$$) anyway they feel free to". I have expressed to many in the General Forum over the last week that i feel Trinidad is coming back for money and that's fine he is allowed to.

I expressed a bit of Sympathy for Hoppa cause i feel he is getting a little bit of a hard time by the public when Gloveup assures us he is working hard for his family. All this was stated in the last two weeks.

I dont know what your rant above was but you missed the issue i was talking about.

Last edited by salsanchezfan; 12-10-2006 at 11:30 PM.
teke is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 02:01 AM   #63
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bulldogs v Titans 2013 GF
Posts: 7,740
vCash: 2611
Default Re: Unfortunately...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks
I agree MSTR, but I wouldn't mind if he fought Green again for a WT, I wouldn't consider that an unworthy fight. It's similar to how Kessler fans want to see him take on Mundine again. However, what I don't agree with is that there will most likely be a long build up to it again, thus giving Mundine the chance to fight 2 more bums in the meantime.
That's right it's not an unworthy fight and it gives Mundine a chance at a real Title.

We all agree Mundine should be facing Kessler again but there doesnt seem to be much chatter on the grape vine that it will come to fruition anytime in the near future. A green fight in the meantime seems like a good viable option.
teke is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 02:06 AM   #64
pecks
*****
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 6,753
vCash: 1908
Default Re: Unfortunately...

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke
That's right it's not an unworthy fight and it gives Mundine a chance at a real Title.

We all agree Mundine should be facing Kessler again but there doesnt seem to be much chatter on the grape vine that it will come to fruition anytime in the near future. A green fight in the meantime seems like a good viable option.
I doubt a Kessler fight will happen, and to be honest, Mundine shouldn't cop stick over it either because no belt holder out there would want to take a fight with Kessler atm.

The thing is though, a Green fight in the meantime is ideal, but it's not an in the meantime fight to Mundine, it's considered a huge event, and instead Hamden will be considered an in the meantime fight, along with whoever he fights next.

And if Soliman seriously comes back into the picture...
pecks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 02:08 AM   #65
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,631
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Unfortunately...

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke
Why the **** would i want to make excuses for Mundine, and for a start what ****ing excuses am i making?

I first commented that "my pet peev is others telling ppl how they should earn their money" You have no idea how much he has earnt or earns let alone expenses he pays out or his future goals, simple as that.

I dont give more stock in belts over credible opponents, i commented on you mentioning "paper belt" when in the past you have been quick to use the "he hasnt got a real title" Now that Mundine wants to go for a REAL title (Dannys) you have a little dig at his fans for wanting it

Can you see my pts?
I do have an idea of how much he has earnt though. Use some common sense. Your arguement is based totally around skeptisism. The fact that my point is not totally infallible means that somehow I have no idea as to what financial position he is in? Once again that is rubbish, use some common sense and logic FFS. You are apparently blinded in your support of Mundine, there is no point arguing with you. You have at no point responded to anything I have said, instead simply looking to turn the conversation around time and time again. Yes, i have joked about Mundine being a paper champion, but only because he claims to be a two time champ when he is not really. I never said, or insinuated that I wanted him to get a belt even if it meant fighting shit opponents or people he had already thoroughly beaten did I? How about you answer some of the points now that I have brought up about his opposition, or his actions within the media? Or how about you explain how he would have no money despite his millions and millions of dollars in earning over the past few years? Or why he should be given allowances when other australian fighters clearly are not?
MSTR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 02:10 AM   #66
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,631
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Unfortunately...

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke
The ISSUE i have commented on many times on this board is "Fighters can choose to develop their career (earn $$$) anyway they feel free to". I have expressed to many in the General Forum over the last week that i feel Trinidad is coming back for money and that's fine he is allowed to.

I expressed a bit of Sympathy for Hoppa cause i feel he is getting a little bit of a hard time by the public when Gloveup assures us he is working hard for his family. All this was stated in the last two weeks.

I dont know what your rant above was but you missed the issue i was talking about.
Trinidad is a massive under dog though, what is your point there? I hardly see how that compares to what Mundine is doing? Basically you're are insinuating with your comments that you don't care whether fighters take on competitive match ups, because its there choice.... Pretty poor logic IMO. Hence you not having a passion for competitive sport based on your comments.
MSTR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 02:11 AM   #67
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bulldogs v Titans 2013 GF
Posts: 7,740
vCash: 2611
Default Re: Unfortunately...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks
I doubt a Kessler fight will happen, and to be honest, Mundine shouldn't cop stick over it either because no belt holder out there would want to take a fight with Kessler atm.

The thing is though, a Green fight in the meantime is ideal, but it's not an in the meantime fight to Mundine, it's considered a huge event, and instead Hamden will be considered an in the meantime fight, along with whoever he fights next.

And if Soliman seriously comes back into the picture...
Cant argue with any of that. Yeah it wont be a "in the meantime fight" because there is no Kessler fight. Green is basically only decent fight Mundine can lock in at the moment. Mundine has not mentioned any other bigger name nor has a bigger name mentioned him.
teke is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 02:16 AM   #68
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bulldogs v Titans 2013 GF
Posts: 7,740
vCash: 2611
Default Re: Unfortunately...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
Trinidad is a massive under dog though, what is your point there? I hardly see how that compares to what Mundine is doing? Basically you're are insinuating with your comments that you don't care whether fighters take on competitive match ups, because its there choice.... Pretty poor logic IMO. Hence you not having a passion for competitive sport based on your comments.
Oi stop it right now.

The Trinidad comment was based on responding to others in a totally diff thread but was still based around the issue i mentioned.

Not having a passion for competitive sport?! Im not going to answer this

Last edited by teke; 01-08-2008 at 03:16 AM.
teke is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 02:27 AM   #69
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bulldogs v Titans 2013 GF
Posts: 7,740
vCash: 2611
Default Re: Unfortunately...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
I do have an idea of how much he has earnt though. Use some common sense. Your arguement is based totally around skeptisism. The fact that my point is not totally infallible means that somehow I have no idea as to what financial position he is in? Once again that is rubbish, use some common sense and logic FFS. You are apparently blinded in your support of Mundine.
It is based around Skeptisism from personal experience and that's why i never tell anyway how to earn their money.

You understand my pt and i understand yours ya fag

Last edited by teke; 01-08-2008 at 02:59 AM.
teke is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 01:22 PM   #70
safe_pa
Howlin' Mad
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Nearby, stealing your wi fi.
Posts: 961
vCash: 270
Default Re: Unfortunately...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
Trinidad is a massive under dog though, what is your point there? I hardly see how that compares to what Mundine is doing? Basically you're are insinuating with your comments that you don't care whether fighters take on competitive match ups, because its there choice.... Pretty poor logic IMO. Hence you not having a passion for competitive sport based on your comments.
Dood, I applaud your effort, you have made multiple good points but teke just doesn't grasp them. Save your self the trouble and just move on.
safe_pa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 05:28 PM   #71
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,631
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Unfortunately...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks
I doubt a Kessler fight will happen, and to be honest, Mundine shouldn't cop stick over it either because no belt holder out there would want to take a fight with Kessler atm.

The thing is though, a Green fight in the meantime is ideal, but it's not an in the meantime fight to Mundine, it's considered a huge event, and instead Hamden will be considered an in the meantime fight, along with whoever he fights next.

And if Soliman seriously comes back into the picture...
Good post and I agree with what you have said here. Kessler fight probably holds little interest in that he is coming off a loss and has no title anymore. And I would seriously not object to a Green bout as an "inbetween" bout, however, we all know that will not be the case. It will become Mundine fighting 2-3 more bums so that he can try to hype a Green fight once again. And then taking on more bums after wards as a break. Its ridiculous. If Kessler had faced Mundine again I can guarantee he would have faced a credible, possibly even better opponent straight afterwards also. Because thats what true champions do to further their career. Basically, if he fought Green in his next fight and then continued his career it wouldn't be THAT much of a problem. But fact is he has just fought two absolute bums, with a third on the cards. So we will most likely have seen 3-4 bums before facing a fighter he has already comprehensively beaten. That is an embarrassment to boxing right there.
MSTR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 05:30 PM   #72
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,631
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Unfortunately...

Quote:
Originally Posted by safe_pa
Dood, I applaud your effort, you have made multiple good points but teke just doesn't grasp them. Save your self the trouble and just move on.
Cheers mate, will do. Thats the difference between a nut hugger and a supporter I guess. A supporter even if a massive advocate of said fighter is still critical of their actions, where as a nut hugger will love them no matter what happens . This thread is a prime example......
MSTR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:42 PM   #73
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bulldogs v Titans 2013 GF
Posts: 7,740
vCash: 2611
Default Re: Unfortunately...

Quote:
Originally Posted by safe_pa
Dood, I applaud your effort, you have made multiple good points but teke just doesn't grasp them. Save your self the trouble and just move on.
Dude, i did understand them i told him so. The whole argument started with me expressing an opinion that i dont like ppl telling me or others how to earn their living pretty simple.
teke is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:45 PM   #74
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bulldogs v Titans 2013 GF
Posts: 7,740
vCash: 2611
Default Re: Unfortunately...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
Cheers mate, will do. Thats the difference between a nut hugger and a supporter I guess. A supporter even if a massive advocate of said fighter is still critical of their actions, where as a nut hugger will love them no matter what happens . This thread is a prime example......
The issue i raised extends far beyond Munine and boxing you prime piece of know it all shit.
teke is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:55 PM   #75
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,631
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Unfortunately...

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke
The issue i raised extends far beyond Munine and boxing you prime piece of know it all shit.
hahahaha easy there tiger, no need for the personal insults mate, thats not very nice is it... We're just having a discussion. Look if you are that far in love with Mundine that is fine, I won't hold it against you I promise.
MSTR is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013