Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 01-05-2008, 04:53 AM   #1
oztriker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Tony Greig.... Why do we have to put up with his hatred for all Aussies

I cannot for the life of me understand why Channel 9 employ the PRICK!

He has always hated Aussies with a passion since his early cricketing days. (he has admitted it several times)

He never resists the opportunity to stick the knife in.

Even today .....When he was being interviewed about Singh calling Symonds a "MONKEY"..... he has no prob.

The Aussies ask for it and he thinks that it is just a storm in a teacup and there should be no further punishment.

HELLOOOOOO !!! Reverse the positions for a moment and try to imagine the ****ing outrage if an Aussie cricketer called an Indian player a ****ing "MONKEY"

The guy would be lucky if he ever played Test Cricket again.

It's time Channel 9 got rid of that no talent bum scavenging a wage from Aussies while bashing Aussies.

****er talks and walks like he has a carrot up his arse.... Who wants to listen to his dribble anymore?

OZ
oztriker is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2008, 04:59 AM   #2
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325
Default Re: Tony Greig.... Why do we have to put up with his hatred for all Aussies

Do you remember a few years ago, he got busted passing racist comments about a wedding going on behind North Sydney Oval while he was commentating a Sheffield Shield game?

He thought he was off-air, and was saying stuff about 'mail order brides' because the bride was asian...thing is, the camera was actually panning over to the church behind the oval as he was saying it, so it was like it was deliberate...
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2008, 05:02 AM   #3
oztriker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Tony Greig.... Why do we have to put up with his hatred for all Aussies

Quote:
Originally Posted by muttley
Do you remember a few years ago, he got busted passing racist comments about a wedding going on behind North Sydney Oval while he was commentating a Sheffield Shield game?

He thought he was off-air, and was saying stuff about 'mail order brides' because the bride was asian...thing is, the camera was actually panning over to the church behind the oval as he was saying it, so it was like it was deliberate...
He is South African.... So would you expect him to be any other way?
oztriker is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2008, 05:09 AM   #4
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru

Agreed, was just talking about this to a mate. The Indian guy before him said pretty much the same thing, leaving me watching with my mouth agape.
It'll come down to one persons word against the other and Harbajhan will get off. The ICC has been a toothless tiger for years and folds any time the sub continent applies pressure. Look at the reversal of the bans to Akhtar and the other ****stani paceman after testing positive to steroids, with the excuse given they didn't know what they were taking. Yet Warne served a year for diuretics (should have been two imo).
Crap like this is why I take immense pleasure in the Aussies continued dominance in both major forms of the game. I don't count the 20/20 slogathons, the only reason thats hot right now is because India actually managed to win a major tournament.
Rant over.
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2008, 05:10 AM   #5
cedrichw
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by oztriker

He has always hated Aussies with a passion since his early cricketing days. (he has admitted it several times)

Even today .....When he was being interviewed about Singh calling Symonds a "MONKEY"..... he has no prob.

The Aussies ask for it and he thinks that it is just a storm in a teacup and there should be no further punishment.

HELLOOOOOO !!! Reverse the positions for a moment and try to imagine the ****ing outrage if an Aussie cricketer called an Indian player a ****ing "MONKEY"

It's time Channel 9 got rid of that no talent bum scavenging a wage from Aussies while bashing Aussies.

****er talks and walks like he has a carrot up his arse.... Who wants to listen to his dribble anymore?

OZ

OZ

I agree with you the guy is a dick and should be given his marching orders

He helped kerry start world series cricket so was kept on because of his friendship now the pakers are gone they should give him the old heave ho
cedrichw is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2008, 05:29 AM   #6
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru

You have to wonder when Nine will wise up and boot Greig and Captain Obvious Mark Taylor to the sidelines. Taylor was the last straw for me, adds nothing in insight apart from such well researched gems as 'The Aussies will be wanting to win today' or genius such as 'Brett Lee will be wanting to get wickets'. Really? I thought he was there to take snaps of the crowd for the team newsletter.
The sooner Kerry O'Keefe gets a gig the better, but knowing Nine they'd gag him and use him as a boundary rider or something.
This test heading to a draw but India will be sacrificied over here at the WACA, the pitch is starting to get some bounce back into it after a couple of unspectacular seasons.
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2008, 05:33 AM   #7
sean
pale peice of pig`s ear
ESB Addict

without doubt grieg even if he lives in australia supports england still.

but in the english commentary we have ****stanis/indians and west indians and australians who commentate on england matches and even tony grieg.

i have listened to australian commentary on other sports like boxing and at the olympics and they do tend to get a bit jingoistic and sometimes could do with a bit of balancing out.

mind you nothing compared to the americans.

they do not even show events where no american reaches a final.
sean is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2008, 05:33 AM   #8
stuistylee
j.c.chavez superstar
ESB Senior Member

Location: "always take the arrows in the forhead, never in the back"
vCash: 525

Quote:
Originally Posted by oztriker

OZ
thank fuk 4 grandstand...
stuistylee is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2008, 05:42 AM   #9
Rise Above
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 210

He shits me to tears with his commentary but then most of the commentary team does too. He hates the fact that the Aussies are the worlds best and that makes me happy.
Rise Above is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2008, 05:44 AM   #10
cedrichw
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonMcS
You have to wonder when Nine will wise up and boot Greig and Captain Obvious Mark Taylor to the sidelines. Taylor was the last straw for me, adds nothing in insight apart from such well researched gems as 'The Aussies will be wanting to win today' or genius such as 'Brett Lee will be wanting to get wickets'. Really? I thought he was there to take snaps of the crowd for the team newsletter.
The sooner Kerry O'Keefe gets a gig the better, but knowing Nine they'd gag him and use him as a boundary rider or something.
This test heading to a draw but India will be sacrificied over here at the WACA, the pitch is starting to get some bounce back into it after a couple of unspectacular seasons.

Scull is the best commentator there is Nine should sign him up and just let him laugh

brilliant
cedrichw is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2008, 05:53 AM   #11
T.C.W
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I like him, I think we need a different voice in there or it would be a nonstop Aussie love fest, I always listen to Granstand on ABC radio and turn volume down and watch channel 9. They should **** both Ian's off there complete **** wits
T.C.W is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2008, 05:53 AM   #12
stuistylee
j.c.chavez superstar
ESB Senior Member

ian healy and his foot in mouth comments really shit me...
Old 01-05-2008, 05:54 AM   #13
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Time to axe that hypocrite Tony Greig.
Never liked him & never will.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2008, 06:04 AM   #14
stuistylee
j.c.chavez superstar
ESB Senior Member

we need an angry mob...
Old 01-05-2008, 06:24 AM   #15
shiner
Contender
ESB Senior Member

yep he is safa that are well known for their hatred of anything black- so he certainly wouldn't stick up for symonds.

another cause of supreme reverse racism (ie singh v symonds) and you could see he knew he fckd up as he was very apologetic afterwards. put in line with mundine and hopkins reversm racism that goes unpunished and just another piss poor example of how rife it is. if the aussie team did this (yes they sledge hugely but not racially) it would make front page of every nespaper in the world.
shiner is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum