Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 01-05-2008, 06:33 AM   #16
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Tony Greig.... Why do we have to put up with his hatred for all Aussies

I actually agreed with Sunil Gav when he said the Aussies go on about "what is said/goes on the field stays on the field" but all of a sudden when it doesn't suit them they whinge .....Aussie cricketers are a precious lot these days.

BTW It's no different to Healy and Hughes racially abusing Ranutuga over the years or Lehman saying similar things.

This type of sledging has been around for ages and unfortunately will never go away.

I don't like Tony Grieg but i did agree with some aspects of his complaint today.......... and that is Aussie cricketers are wankers
kel is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2008, 06:36 AM   #17
shiner
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Tony Greig.... Why do we have to put up with his hatred for all Aussies

if it was racial they would have been fined. to call rantunga a fat prick is very true and not racist so how can they be punished for that? the laws do not say no sledging, but racism is out lawed.
shiner is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2008, 06:40 AM   #18
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiner
if it was racial they would have been fined. to call rantunga a fat prick is very true and not racist so how can they be punished for that? the laws do not say no sledging, but racism is out lawed.
Mate are u trying to tell me no white Aussie cricketer has ever racially abused another player on the field? give me a ****'n break.
kel is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2008, 07:43 AM   #19
madpup
Contender
ESB Senior Member

One thing that I do not get, Symonds is hardly black is he? Just has slightly brownish skin and his facial features are very caucasian.
madpup is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2008, 01:54 PM   #20
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Quote:
Originally Posted by muttley
Do you remember a few years ago, he got busted passing racist comments about a wedding going on behind North Sydney Oval while he was commentating a Sheffield Shield game?

He thought he was off-air, and was saying stuff about 'mail order brides' because the bride was asian...thing is, the camera was actually panning over to the church behind the oval as he was saying it, so it was like it was deliberate...
I remember that like it was yesterday, i cannot believe they kept him after that. That was absolutely shameful.
teke is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2008, 01:57 PM   #21
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

Sir Richard Hadlee has copped more from the Aussie players and public than any other player ever, poor bloke
teke is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2008, 02:04 PM   #22
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke
I remember that like it was yesterday, i cannot believe they kept him after that. That was absolutely shameful.
Didn't he say something like "I wonder how much she got paid to be flown over" and it turned out that she'd been living here for 7 years.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2008, 02:08 PM   #23
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

Yeah he did,

All of them laughed it off and said I will watch what i say all the time from now on
teke is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2008, 04:55 PM   #24
ThePlugInBabies
♪ ♫
ESB Addict

vCash: 224

greigy is there to balance things out, especially the endless jingoistic bullshit the rest of the world has to put up with when listening to bill lawry.
ThePlugInBabies is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2008, 05:01 PM   #25
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru

I'll see your Bill Lawry and raise you a Geoffrey Boycott.
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2008, 05:15 PM   #26
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpup
One thing that I do not get, Symonds is hardly black is he? Just has slightly brownish skin and his facial features are very caucasian.

Funny thing is he's probably got lighter skin than most Indians in General
kel is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2008, 05:40 PM   #27
ThePlugInBabies
♪ ♫
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonMcS
I'll see your Bill Lawry and raise you a Geoffrey Boycott.
boycott is incredibly hard on the england team (rightly so) when they are playing poorly (most of the time).
Old 01-05-2008, 05:49 PM   #28
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePlugInBabies
boycott is incredibly hard on the england team (rightly so) when they are playing poorly (most of the time).
No doubt most Aussie commentators are very biased towards the Aussie team, it's actually sickening hearing it sometimes.

Michael Slater just licks every players balls.

Here's closely followed by Tubby Taylor,Healey and Lawry.

Boycott is not my cup of tea but at least he bags player when they deserve it.
kel is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2008, 05:53 PM   #29
ThePlugInBabies
♪ ♫
ESB Addict

weird, i quite liked slater when he commentated over here for channel 4. seemed very fair.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:56 PM   #30
Jack Daniels
ESB Snr ****ing Member
ESB Jr Member

Channel Nine Commentary Team:-

Slats - Good to listen to, talks abut the modern game, I like him
Tony Greig - A fossil, talks shit can't stand him anymore
Richie - Looks like he's a few months away from the grave the poor old bugger. Talks about guys who played with Bradman etc etc, sick of him.
Mark Taylor - Complete and utter ****wit, up himself still
Ian Healy - Sometimes OK but a bit of a tool, looks like he's recently put some blond through his hair FFS!
Pommy Geezer - HIs name has escaped me! You know the guy though, Mark someone? Can't understand why this guy is being billed as the future voice of Australian cricket!!!

If you want good commentary, turn down the volume on your TV and put on ABC cricket 702AM or 92.5FM. Kerry O'keefe is one funny guy. He cracks the entire team up as well as himself, that laugh is contageous! Jim Maxwell's good to listen too as well.
There's about a 4 second delay between the radio and digital tv broadcasts but it's tolerable.
Jack Daniels is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum