Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 01-05-2008, 06:03 PM   #31
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Tony Greig.... Why do we have to put up with his hatred for all Aussies

I'd say everyones favourites are different. Was trying to think of the other Pom commentator before, David Lloyd? He makes Mark Taylor look like Einstein and Gandhi. Boycs was namedropping himself into every KP anecdote the last Aus tour of England, must have run into Pieterson 300 times in corridors and passed on some info that excelled KP, according to Boycott himself. I reckon by the end of that Ashes series KP would have been sprinting down hotel hallways to get away from Boycott.
Slaters ok, Lawrys just Lawry, you'll either love him or hate him. Don't mind Ian Chappell in very moderate doses. ABCs radio commentary is streets ahead.
Havn't enjoyed much of Nasser Husseins work, Gower is good. Botham is starting to grate but appreciate what hes done. Benaud was the most insightful, will be sorely missed.
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2008, 06:04 PM   #32
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Tony Greig.... Why do we have to put up with his hatred for all Aussies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Daniels
Channel Nine Commentary Team:-

Slats - Good to listen to, talks abut the modern game, I like him
Tony Greig - A fossil, talks shit can't stand him anymore
Richie - Looks like he's a few months away from the grave the poor old bugger. Talks about guys who played with Bradman etc etc, sick of him.
Mark Taylor - Complete and utter ****wit, up himself still
Ian Healy - Sometimes OK but a bit of a tool, looks like he's recently put some blond through his hair FFS!
Pommy Geezer - HIs name has escaped me! You know the guy though, Mark someone? Can't understand why this guy is being billed as the future voice of Australian cricket!!!

If you want good commentary, turn down the volume on your TV and put on ABC cricket 702AM or 92.5FM. Kerry O'keefe is one funny guy. He cracks the entire team up as well as himself, that laugh is contageous! Jim Maxwell's good to listen too as well.
There's about a 4 second delay between the radio and digital tv broadcasts but it's tolerable.

Yeah that pommy cunt trying to be the nxt Richie is terrible.

He didn't even play for England he was that shit, why is he the face of Australian cricket?

Just on Slater, he started out very good last year or 2 but now he is firmly entrenced in the commentary team he's starting to suck players off hard
kel is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2008, 06:05 PM   #33
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru

Nicholsons the pommy guy isn't it? Played county thirds or something. Was probably the water boy.
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2008, 06:09 PM   #34
biglads
Climbing the WBO Rankings
ESB Senior Member

Nicholas is bumchums with Martin Crowe. I loathe him with a passion. He's being touted as the next Benaud because he's ingratiated himself with the Aussies by being right up their arse.
biglads is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2008, 06:14 PM   #35
ThePlugInBabies
♪ ♫
ESB Addict

vCash: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonMcS
I'd say everyones favourites are different. Was trying to think of the other Pom commentator before, David Lloyd? He makes Mark Taylor look like Einstein and Gandhi. Boycs was namedropping himself into every KP anecdote the last Aus tour of England, must have run into Pieterson 300 times in corridors and passed on some info that excelled KP, according to Boycott himself. I reckon by the end of that Ashes series KP would have been sprinting down hotel hallways to get away from Boycott.
Slaters ok, Lawrys just Lawry, you'll either love him or hate him. Don't mind Ian Chappell in very moderate doses. ABCs radio commentary is streets ahead.
Havn't enjoyed much of Nasser Husseins work, Gower is good. Botham is starting to grate but appreciate what hes done. Benaud was the most insightful, will be sorely missed.
bumble is a legend

BORKED

BORKED
ThePlugInBabies is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2008, 06:17 PM   #36
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglads
Nicholas is bumchums with Martin Crowe. I loathe him with a passion. He's being touted as the next Benaud because he's ingratiated himself with the Aussies by being right up their arse.
He's in love with Warnie and now Symmonds is he's new boyfriend.

Does anybody remember the other day how he was going on about Symmonds commerical when he was naked walking through the carwash? it was homo***ual traits at it's very best.
kel is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2008, 06:20 PM   #37
ThePlugInBabies
♪ ♫
ESB Addict

andrew symonds is my current hate figure in cricket, so now i hate mark nicholas even more, so glad you lot have taken him off our hands.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:29 PM   #38
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru

Ner Ner, operative Peter Andre is still completing missions in the old dart for us.
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2008, 06:48 PM   #39
ThePlugInBabies
♪ ♫
ESB Addict

Quote:
Ner Ner, operative Peter Andre is still completing missions in the old dart for us.
blame the cypriots tbh.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:57 PM   #40
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru

We've had this discussion before, during the rugby world cup, havn't we?

I seem to remember we came to the conclusion both of our fine nations have a healthy % we'd like to trade to the other.
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2008, 07:17 PM   #41
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
We've had this discussion before, during the rugby world cup, havn't we?

I seem to remember we came to the conclusion both of our fine nations have a healthy % we'd like to trade to the other.

Yeah my missus is a pom and i wouldn't mind giving her back

Only joking luv
kel is offline  Top
Old 01-05-2008, 11:59 PM   #42
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke
I remember that like it was yesterday, i cannot believe they kept him after that. That was absolutely shameful.
Did they blame that on Joe the Cameraman too?

"Can't bowl, can't throw, can't find a wife, gotta get a mail order one"
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 01-06-2008, 12:01 AM   #43
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpup
One thing that I do not get, Symonds is hardly black is he? Just has slightly brownish skin and his facial features are very caucasian.
Ooh, I would say his features are more negroid than caucasian - doesn't he have Jamaican/West Indian blood in him? His adoptive parents are white poms though.
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 01-06-2008, 12:31 AM   #44
kostya by ko
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by muttley
Do you remember a few years ago, he got busted passing racist comments about a wedding going on behind North Sydney Oval while he was commentating a Sheffield Shield game?

He thought he was off-air, and was saying stuff about 'mail order brides' because the bride was asian...thing is, the camera was actually panning over to the church behind the oval as he was saying it, so it was like it was deliberate...
I remember that. I fully agree nine should have dumped him ages ago.
Infact nine needs a big purge because a lot of people are sick of their
lame broadcasts. I'm especially sick of them plugging their products
all the time during game time.

I remember when I think it was SBS did coverage once and it was
a million time better. Nine sucks on all fronts IMO. They put all
the good HBO stuff on late at night so if you work the next
morning you're tired out.

Nine totally sucks.
kostya by ko is offline  Top
Old 01-06-2008, 02:00 AM   #45
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

Yeah, Greig's a knob and he looked pathetic when he was trying to compare Slater's outburst to racism.

Richie imo should retire. The guys been a legend but he's been losing it for a while now. Just before Symonds got his 100 he was telling some story about how he lost his captaincy for one game, then Symonds got his 100 and everyone was talking about that, then a few minutes later Richie continues his story like there hadn't been a break in conversation. The other commentators just started talking about something else.

He also goes dead quiet for long periods during commentary, once it became very obvious and Taylor or someone said "What do you think about that one Rich?" and Richie replied..."In one word...No." then went back to being quiet again.

I really wouldn't be surprised if he drifts in and out of sleep during work. Many old people his age do and they don't have the busy lifestyle he does. he really should quit working, it's such a busy schedule for someone his age. He should be reliant on machines just to live.
pecks is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum