Old 05-24-2012, 06:47 PM   #271
Flash Jab
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 100
Default Re: **Lucian Bute vs Carl Froch - Build Up Thread!**

Quote:
Originally Posted by gattiwarrior View Post
i will be covering this fight for the blog [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] saturday night so remember and add your scores on ESB and i will add to the blog along with all the other scores i collect.

Regarding the fight , ESB just like most forums are pretty split on who they think will win the fight although in just about all of them Bute is the Favorite.

I think that Bute has all the questions to answer in this fight...he is away from home in a big fight for the 1st time and Froch is by far the best opponent he has faced.

Froch has beat and fought the much better opposition although many dont know how much he has left..too many hard fights.

Can i just say this...Arthur Abraham did what Bute has done....he stayed at home fighting decent although NOT elite fighters BUT when he eventually did fight the elite HE was found out...BIGTIME.

Froch to me has always been the favorite in this fight and i give Bute respect for taking this in Nottingham. Saying that though Froch is tested against the elite and Bute isnt thats why i think Froch will win on points around the 8-4 , 7-5 mark.
TOTAL: 115-113 Floyd Mayweather

....You 'avin a laff?
Flash Jab is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2012, 07:08 PM   #272
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
Are you backing Froch? I need help to come to my decision/bet.
The one thing I hold onto is the sight of Bute being battered from pillar to post by Andrade, hurt, lost and clueless....brutalised really....anywhere else in the world and that would have been stopped and Bute would have a loss on his record. He can be hurt and Froch is better than Andrade
icemax is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2012, 07:17 PM   #273
perspicacity
Raising The Bar
ESB Addict

vCash: 185000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
Are you backing Froch? I need help to come to my decision/bet.
What about going small on the Draw?
perspicacity is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2012, 07:18 PM   #274
gattiwarrior
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Jab View Post
TOTAL: 115-113 Floyd Mayweather

....You 'avin a laff?
there were some close rounds...mayweathers punch output doesnt help him.

115-113 , 116-112 , 117-111 were the most common scores mate
gattiwarrior is offline  Top
Old 05-24-2012, 07:25 PM   #275
hobgob21
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
hobgob21 is offline  Top
Old 05-25-2012, 02:59 AM   #276
doug.ie
'Classic Boxing Society'
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisorako View Post
I know this won't be a popular opinion but I think people should stop clinging onto what happened in bute vs andrade 1.

I'd be interested to see the terms in the contract in regards to the rematch for this one.
yes, on both....but...that andrade fight is very important in giving us a clue to any *****s in the armour....yes, he proved he was way better in the rematch, but its an awful big hint to how his stamina might be if froch is on top of him for 12 rounds.......saying that, i do keep reminding myself that was four years ago and there has been the obvious signs of improvement, but i wonder if his stamina will have been improved.....and that first andrade fight was a fight he was winning, froch will be on top of him a LOT more than that.

i'm still trying to get my head around the re-match too...why even announce that part of the deal yet?....if its a close fight then no-one will mind...they will welcome even..a rematch.......but, two scenarios..lets say bute stops froch in six rounds on body shots...and then theres the rematch people will say there are other contenders who should be fighting bute not froch and this is a bit crooked...or...if it's a close fight, and...which i can't see happening...but, devil's advocate...if its a close, boring, dull, points win for one of them...will people hint that it was a set-up that people wouldnt complain about a rematch if the first one was close and both played to a script.....from what i know about both boxers, or think i do, i dont think the second scenario happens...basically, i think rematches should only be made if the first fight is close, or if there is a gap between fights where the loser has been winning and earned a rematch.

anyhoo....aside from all that...i haven't looked forward to a fight as much as this in a long time...it's going to be a proper treat....i was very close to going over for it...i'm a big fan of bute...well, froch too actually...but bute i really admire, and i think he wins this on them devastating body shots...and frochs body, the way he fights, is a big target for bute if he gets close.

i think its going to be an epic night in nottingham brothers.....its a real boxing enthusiasts fight this.

Last edited by doug.ie; 05-25-2012 at 09:10 AM.
doug.ie is offline  Top
Old 05-26-2012, 05:32 AM   #277
doug.ie
'Classic Boxing Society'
East Side Guru

so...day of the fight is here...something to celebrate this...fight of the year so far, in my eyes
doug.ie is offline  Top
Old 05-26-2012, 06:14 AM   #278
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Too much is made of the first Andrade fight, which was four years ago. Some also ignore that Bute dominated the fight for 11 of 12 rounds and simply gassed out. He's improved massively since then, stopping all bar one opponent, and completely handling Glen Johnson in a way that Froch couldn't.

You also need to look at Froch's fights where, except against Abraham, he has been in absolute battles. In reality he should have three losses on his record and was barely competitive with Ward.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 05-26-2012, 06:18 AM   #279
PUNCHDRUNK
Darth Booth
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
Too much is made of the first Andrade fight, which was four years ago. Some also ignore that Bute dominated the fight for 11 of 12 rounds and simply gassed out. He's improved massively since then, stopping all bar one opponent, and completely handling Glen Johnson in a way that Froch couldn't.

You also need to look at Froch's fights where, except against Abraham, he has been in absolute battles. In reality he should have three losses on his record and was barely competitive with Ward.
Indeed, and how many of those three losses ended up being 'homecooked' decisions in favour of Froch?
PUNCHDRUNK is offline  Top
Old 05-26-2012, 06:21 AM   #280
Bonavena25
Vamos!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
The one thing I hold onto is the sight of Bute being battered from pillar to post by Andrade, hurt, lost and clueless....brutalised really....anywhere else in the world and that would have been stopped and Bute would have a loss on his record. He can be hurt and Froch is better than Andrade
Froch is better than Andrade but Andrade's limitations actually helped him in that fight. The only way he could've of won was snatching victory from the jaws of defeat late on and his one-dimensional style was completely set up to wear Bute down in the fashion that he eventually did.

Froch has more tools at his disposal but at this level he seems a bit too jack of all of trades and master of none at times. He won't be as relentless and crude as Andrade so Bute will have more time to posture and Froch won't want to be seen resorting to slugging tactics too early. He does have a certain pride in his boxing talent. Unfortunately that could be his undoing in this fight.
Bonavena25 is offline  Top
Old 05-26-2012, 06:24 AM   #281
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUNCHDRUNK View Post
Indeed, and how many of those three losses ended up being 'homecooked' decisions in favour of Froch?
Sorry, what's your point?

He was very lucky against Dirrell, he lost fair and square to Kessler and seemed to get the benefit of every doubt against Ward - which would have been a shameful injustice for how comprehensively Ward battered him.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 05-26-2012, 07:06 AM   #282
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogtag1 View Post
I can't help but nod my head at all your posts, you seem to post alot of common sense and truth whether about this fight or the Haye situation.

When the fight is over all your posts on this fight should be put on a thread to educate the average Boxing fan who seems to either be blind or stupid.
Kind of you to say, but I can post my share of idiocy too!
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 05-26-2012, 07:15 AM   #283
Vano-Irons
Champion
East Side Guru

If we look at Froch's closer fights an loses, he has struggled with movers more than any other type. It was only a very good kessler with home support that outpunched Carl. While Bute is a fine boxer and very fast, I think he is coming over here to make a statement, wanting stop Froch. This would mean he won't box too much on the back foot, and look to trade. If Froch can take the bombs (and that isn't a given), then by the 9th Bute could be very tired. Of course, Lucian could have learned to pace himself a bit better, but we don't know. What we know is that Froch gets stronger as the fight goes on.

Can Froch out box him? no. Can he out work him? No. Does he have the edge in quality. No. But, he does have the ability the wear his opponents down, which could be the deciding factor.

Anyway, pubs are open in Nottingham, so I'm off to get Bill'ed. WAR FROCH
Vano-Irons is offline  Top
Old 05-26-2012, 07:16 AM   #284
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
Sorry, what's your point?

He was very lucky against Dirrell, he lost fair and square to Kessler and seemed to get the benefit of every doubt against Ward - which would have been a shameful injustice for how comprehensively Ward battered him.
Outboxed him..yes but battered him, no ****ing way.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top
Old 05-26-2012, 07:19 AM   #285
BoxingAnalyst
Champion
East Side Guru

All this bullshit about Bute being so slick and hard to hit is bollocks, Magee landed clean shots but just didn't have the power, once you get into range he is actually quite easy to hit, then again it's hard to get into range without taking a stinging shot.
BoxingAnalyst is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum