Old 01-06-2008, 08:07 AM   #16
ozziebattler
Shadow Boxer
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ndou wins by KO in 7!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloveup
your spot on mate they are trying as hard as anyone and yes they are not up to par with some of the boxers yet but hop had had 8 wins with 8koes and if lovemore got in his face it would be 9koes. i don't like lovemore or his big mouth but he is a very good fighter and a well deserved champ with beautiful technique and a huge heart. I have watched him since he stepped foot onto our shores and i can tell you he didnt have to much to say then. He is entitled to his opinion but to jump in and get his publicity that way put himself down. He picks and chooses what x footy players he wants to talk anout when it when it suits him. the kelly boys both played league before boxing and sure they were not at the standard of Sol, Choc or Hop but when do you stop saying they are footy players because i can assure lovemore and most boxers in nsw or QLD were x footy players to some extent. Hop needs to support a family of 8. He is doing this not by boxing to make money but by working like we all do. He is given it a go. I can name some pretty good fighters and footy players over the years. Billy Johnston just to name one.
Dino
I fully agree.

N'dou raved on about hoppa and Les Mason.Les Mason aint a footy player for one,his the BROTHER of a well known one.And Hoppa is actually vastly improving as seen by avenging a previous defeat.Also seems to be in very good fighting shape everytime he steps foot in the ring.Dont get me wrong Hoppa is definetly no world beater but he has just asmuch right as any to pursue boxing as a profession.If he wants to get punched in the head for a living then goodluck to him.Takes alot of nuts to get in the ring as most of us that have ever actually fought before know.

The golden finger has totally surprised me.And this is coming from a bloke that has always referred to John as Hoppa Hopeless throughout his footy career.lol..

I actually learnt how to throw em at age 12 when my dad had me doing some off season footy training at Mt Druitt pcyc to keep busy and stay in shape/stay out of trouble lol..Aint that uncommon to see footy players around the local pcyc etc during off season hitting the bag or doing some light sparring/pad work.Some would actually make good boxers but the cash aint as appealing to even a decent A grade player.

I can understand people getting the shits with sideshow's like Manboobs Mason but really the footy fellas(Mouth Mundine,Big Sol and Hoppa ) have actually shown they are serious about the sport(sol the least convincing through his gaps between bouts) by improving fight by fight and staying in good shape from bout to bout.

What else can you ask for??

P.S. Bag Manboobs Mason asmuch as you want,hes pretty much a bum and even though im kind of discrediting N dou in this post i dont agree with Mason saying anything disrespectful back to a former world champ.And also cant believe he got 25grand for his debut(its true).
ozziebattler is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2008, 09:09 AM   #17
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB3000
I just hope that if Lovemore fights Paulie again the ref will let them fight on the inside.
Yeah Eddie Cotton was a joke that night.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 01-06-2008, 03:09 PM   #18
sean
pale peice of pig`s ear
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

they never showed the ndou fight last night.
did show the malinaggi fight.

malinaggi was very very lucky to get the win.
both landed the same punches but malinaggi jab softly to the body whereas n/g walked him down throwing power shots and hurt malinaggi.
sean is offline  Top
Old 01-06-2008, 06:31 PM   #19
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean
they never showed the ndou fight last night.
did show the malinaggi fight.

malinaggi was very very lucky to get the win.
both landed the same punches but malinaggi jab softly to the body whereas n/g walked him down throwing power shots and hurt malinaggi.
thanks for the round by round by the way sean
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum