Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 04-11-2008, 11:49 AM   #1
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Czech heavy weight Ondrej Pala

Ondrej Pala is a young heavy weight from the Czech Republic. He is 23 years old,and has a fight record of 19 victories and 2 losses.
His name recognition is extremely limited outside the small circle of his hometown fans and some box afcionados around the globe.
Pala won his last fight the Brit Artur Cook in the United Arab Emirates by tko in round 8 . He mostly fights out of his native Czech Republic,but has already fought 3 times in Belarus,and twice in Germany.
He lost a split decision to Germany's young heavy weight talent Rene Dettweiler(21-1) on German soil.Most ring observers had Pala ahead on points after 8 close rounds.Even German tv admitted that Dettweiler's victory over Pala was a kind of gift for the home boy in his backyard.
Pala suffered his second defeat at the hands of highly regarded heavy weight hope Denis Boytsov about 18 months ago.
Pala was ahead on points when his fights with Boytsov was stopped due to a deep cut.Nevertheless,he was very competitive up to that point.He gave the touted young Russian hell as long as their fight lasted.
Since then Pala has scored 8 victories in a row over modest and humble opposition.
Like Boytsov Pala is a bit small for a heavy,but he for sure is one of the more talented young heavies out there.
He isnt American so that he is almost totally unknown and doesnt get any hype. Fighters like Malik Scott,Chazz Witherspoon,Kevin Johnson,or Faruq Saleem are not household names either,but due to their American passport they are already better known that Pala.I for my part bet my house that Pala would beat Malik Scott and Faruq Saleem if their fights came off within the next few months.
Ondrej Pala will appear on a fight card in Praha/Czech Republic at the end of april.
Would be happy to watch him fight either Skelton or Sinan Sam in one of their future european title defenses!
Odo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2008, 12:16 PM   #2
ChrisPontius
March 8th, 1971
East Side Guru

vCash: 238
Default Re: Czech heavy weight Ondrej Pala

Sounds like an interesting fighter, i've never seen him though. See if i can get the Dettweiler fight, wouldn't be the first time a hometown fighter got the benefit of the doubt.

How would you describe his style and do you think he's got a chance to make the top10 within a few years?
ChrisPontius is offline  Top
Old 04-12-2008, 08:46 AM   #3
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPontius
Sounds like an interesting fighter, i've never seen him though. See if i can get the Dettweiler fight, wouldn't be the first time a hometown fighter got the benefit of the doubt.

How would you describe his style and do you think he's got a chance to make the top10 within a few years?
Chance to make the top 10 ? I very much doubt it,chris! He is too small,has a Czech passport,and isnt the biggest banger out there.He fights nobodies on small fight cards in his native czech republic.He may get a shot at the european title though.I guess that if Sinan Sam wins his upcomming fight against Skelton his promoter may opt for an easy title defence against a fighter with a decent fight record.Pala fits the discription perfectly with one exception.He wont be an easy fight for Sinan Sam.Pala probably has the tools to capture the european title against someone like Sinan Samil Sam IMO.However,he is no world class fighter.

His style: quick-can bang a little bit,but he heavily relies on the effect his accumulated punches have on an opponent,not really a boxer who takes out an opponent with a single punch( his fight record is a bit misleading-16 ko victories out of 19 victories)-decent stamina and defence-can take a good punch-high punch frequency-still quite inexperienced as could be seen in some moments in his fight against Sherbakov-cool as a cucumber in the ring-keeps his composure-doesnt let his emotions get the upper hand in a fight.
He still has to learn one or two things to beat someone like Sinan Sam,but he has the talent and tools to upset someone like Sinan Sam.
I have only seen his fight with Sherbakov and some very short tv clips of his fights with Dettweiler and Boytsov.Since he fights out of the Czech Republic he has flown under almost any box aficinado's radar for a long time.
He isnt a big draw on his native czech soil due to his promoter's inability to sell him to a wider audience there.
Lukas Konecny,Lubos Suda,and Rudolf Kraj are much better known there.
He needs a big fight in order to enhance his markebility.In his last fight he beat the Brit Artur Cook on Arab soil far away from europe.He stopped Cook in round 8 of their encounter.Cook's name recognition is very limited,but he was the one who took the cero away from Albert Sosonowski's fight record(he is now 42-1).
Pala is a gifted young fellow who will never be a true top gun in his weight division.Thats for sure! Nevertheless,he could be force to be reckon with as long as he fights the likes of Malik Scott,Micheal Sprott,Paolo Vidoz,Ray Austin of this planet.
Vitaly's and Boytsov's coach Sdunek stated that Pala is one of the promising talents in europe of whom we would surely hear quite a lot in the next few years.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 04-12-2008, 09:07 AM   #4
yal
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Boystov won 3 of 4 round before the fight was stopped.
yal is offline  Top
Old 04-12-2008, 11:03 AM   #5
MattMattMatt
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by yal
Boystov won 3 of 4 round before the fight was stopped.
I was about to say that.
MattMattMatt is offline  Top
Old 04-14-2008, 09:38 AM   #6
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjomcik
I saw that guy in Plzen he was fighting some can from Latvia. I wasn't impresed by him he seemed too slow without much power and I think the first solid oponent will ko him easily.....Sinan or Skeleton as you say will hurt Pala badly.....
Slow? I for sure isnt slow.Yep! He is no banger,but the accumalation of his punches takes its toll on his his opponents.16 stoppage victories in 21 fights isnt that bad,is it!
By the way he has already faced two very solid opponents.He could hold his own against both German heavy weight talent Rene Dettweiler and very promising Russian heavy weight hope Denis Boytsov.

He for sure has a chance against both Sinan and Skelton.Styles make fights.Pala isnt a future all time great.Come to think of it he will never ever play in the first league.Nevertheless,he represents the colours of a decent team in the second division which can now and then a favoured team of the top league.
IMO Pala has the right style to beat both the Turkish plodder and the British wrestler.
I wouldnt however bet any money on Pala against either Sinan Sam and Matt Skelton.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 04-23-2008, 06:18 AM   #7
Karlo
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Arthur Cook is a decent heavy, who not only beat Sosnowski, I also read that his "loss" to another pole, the prospect Mariusz Wach was like Vitalis loss to Byrd (ahead on points when an injury made him unable to continue). So a stoppagewin for Pala over Cook is definetly a good one.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Karlo is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2008, 10:02 AM   #8
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlo
Arthur Cook is a decent heavy, who not only beat Sosnowski, I also read that his "loss" to another pole, the prospect Mariusz Wach was like Vitalis loss to Byrd (ahead on points when an injury made him unable to continue). So a stoppagewin for Pala over Cook is definetly a good one.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Interesting post,karlo!

By the way a few days ago German based Russian behemoth Jevgeny Orlov had to go the full route with Humberto Evora who hadnt been able to survive more than four rounds with Pala.
Pala is no big banger,but he isnt a feather fisted softie either.His weakest spot is probably his size.He is quite small for today's heavies.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 05-03-2008, 08:51 AM   #9
Ringrat
Amateur
ESB Jr Member

Just a small correction, Arthur "The Bear" Cook is from Winnipeg, Manitoba in Canada. When he fought Wach, he was thrown down and injured his back. Wach had a point deducted, but Cook was unable to continue. Cook was ahead on the cards before the injury, but the official result is a loss.

I'd be curious to know the details of his loss to Pala.

Ringrat is offline  Top
Old 05-03-2008, 09:04 AM   #10
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringrat
Just a small correction, Arthur "The Bear" Cook is from Winnipeg, Manitoba in Canada. When he fought Wach, he was thrown down and injured his back. Wach had a point deducted, but Cook was unable to continue. Cook was ahead on the cards before the injury, but the official result is a loss.

I'd be curious to know the details of his loss to Pala.

Sorrowly,I havent seen Pala vs Cook so that I cant help you by providing a kind of fight report of Pala vs Cook. Their fight took place in one of those little Arab kingdoms next to Saudi Arabia.I somehow doubt that their fight was shown by any recognisable tv channel in europe.

As for Cook he seems to be better than I thought before.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2008, 09:16 AM   #11
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Here a link to Pala's website: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Odo is offline  Top
Old 05-22-2008, 09:24 PM   #12
kostya by ko
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo
Their fight took place in one of those little Arab kingdoms next to Saudi Arabia.
This fight took place in Dubai - U.A.E.

Anyone who knows Dubai knows it is flush with cash virtually like no other place on the planet at the moment. A lot of Korean companies have won massive construction contracts there. And a lot of people are throwing money at sport - traditionally racing and cricket but now football with a Dubai based entity looking at Liverpool (if they can ever get over their current ownership saga).

For someone like Pala - getting a following in somewhere like Dubai could be a real path to making things happen and picking up good money. If he could generate an identity as someone who had some kind of ongoing connection to Dubai this could be a good thing.
kostya by ko is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2008, 11:17 AM   #13
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Pala is scheduled to face African vet Akinwande on the undercard of Samil Sinan Sam vs Paolo Vidoz in Turkey's capital Ankara.

Bad fight for the young Czech. The African has the wrong style for the much smaller young talent from the Czech Republic.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 07-04-2008, 05:12 PM   #14
jamel
Contender
ESB Senior Member

He has now beaten Henry AKinwande too
jamel is offline  Top
Old 07-05-2008, 04:52 AM   #15
DamonD
Champion
East Side Guru

Does anyone have any details on the fight? I just heard it was a 'close' decision.

Think it may be time for Akinwande to hang 'em up, he's 42 years old and he's been treading water at European level for years now.
DamonD is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum