Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2012, 11:57 AM   #1
Senor Pepe'
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,704
vCash: 500
Default Ingo - Liston Bout in Canada Doubtful

September 7, 1961

Ingemar Johansson and Sonny Liston agreed to boxing match scheduled
for December 1961.

Fight promoter, Bill Fugazy announced from Rome, that the bout between the former champion and the National Boxing Associations #1 ranked
heavyweight would take place in Canada, in either Toronto or Montreal.

Both fighters are to be guaranteed $200,000 plus 30% of the gate.

Officials of the NBA are not sure whether the fight will take place, as
Sonny Liston is still under suspension.
Senor Pepe' is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2012, 12:17 PM   #2
frankenfrank
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,577
vCash: 2680
Default Re: Ingo - Liston Bout in Canada Doubtful

What was d reason 4 Liston's suspension ? was it his Super Chemical Jab ? (all rights reserved 2 Boxed Ears in this 1)
frankenfrank is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:21 PM   #3
Senor Pepe'
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,704
vCash: 500
Default Re: Ingo - Liston Bout in Canada Doubtful

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankenfrank View Post
What was d reason 4 Liston's suspension ? was it his Super Chemical Jab ? (all rights reserved 2 Boxed Ears in this 1)
Sonny assaulted a Police Detective's wife in a Philadelphia park.

No harm in that...
Senor Pepe' is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:31 PM   #4
frankenfrank
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,577
vCash: 2680
Default Re: Ingo - Liston Bout in Canada Doubtful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senor Pepe' View Post
Sonny assaulted a Police Detective's wife in a Philadelphia park.

No harm in that...
did he try 2 screw her or 2 nail her ? if it was nailing , what was d reason ? was it because he knew whose wife was she or was it because something she did ?
frankenfrank is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:42 PM   #5
Senor Pepe'
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,704
vCash: 500
Default Re: Ingo - Liston Bout in Canada Doubtful

No ***ual assault or anything like that,

Sonny and one his friends were in Fairmount Park (Philadelphia).

They stopped a car with a woman in it, and shined a flashlight in her car.
They told her they were Police Officers.

Also, they went through her pocket book, but did not steal anything.

After that incident, the Philadelphia Police Department wanted Sonny out of town.
Senor Pepe' is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:06 PM   #6
frankenfrank
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,577
vCash: 2680
Default Re: Ingo - Liston Bout in Canada Doubtful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senor Pepe' View Post
No ***ual assault or anything like that,

Sonny and one his friends were in Fairmount Park (Philadelphia).

They stopped a car with a woman in it, and shined a flashlight in her car.
They told her they were Police Officers.

Also, they went through her pocket book, but did not steal anything.

After that incident, the Philadelphia Police Department wanted Sonny out of town.
nothing ***ual , no harm was done and nothing was stolen . Seems like nothing was destroyed either . Y did they do it then ? and was it just bad luck that they happened 2 stumble upon a police officer's wife or was it planned because of it ?
frankenfrank is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:16 PM   #7
Nightcrawler
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada!!!!
Posts: 2,215
vCash: 500
Default Re: Ingo - Liston Bout in Canada Doubtful

glad your back duce. stuff like this is fantastic
Nightcrawler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:12 PM   #8
red cobra
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The Sea of Tranquility
Posts: 13,381
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ingo - Liston Bout in Canada Doubtful

Good for Ingo that it never happened...Canada is a great place to visit...spending most of his time in a hospital bed wouldn't have been too much fun for him.
red cobra is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:17 PM   #9
Nightcrawler
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada!!!!
Posts: 2,215
vCash: 500
Default Re: Ingo - Liston Bout in Canada Doubtful

Quote:
Originally Posted by red cobra View Post
Good for Ingo that it never happened...Canada is a great place to visit...spending most of his time in a hospital bed wouldn't have been too much fun for him.
we got some great hospitals and tremendous health care. he'd be well taken care of
Nightcrawler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:26 PM   #10
Longhhorn71
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,594
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ingo - Liston Bout in Canada Doubtful

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankenfrank View Post
nothing ***ual , no harm was done and nothing was stolen . Seems like nothing was destroyed either . Y did they do it then ? and was it just bad luck that they happened 2 stumble upon a police officer's wife or was it planned because of it ?
Liston probably said: "We are the BBC."
Longhhorn71 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:28 PM   #11
Senor Pepe'
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,704
vCash: 500
Default Re: Ingo - Liston Bout in Canada Doubtful

October 23, 1961

Sonny Liston, leading contender for the Heavyweight Title, applied for the
reinstatement of his Pennsylvania boxing license.

State Athletic Commisioner Al Klein indicated the request would be approved,
enabling Sonny Liston, in all likelihood, to meet Germany's unranked Albert Westphal
for a match scheduled for December in Philadelphia.

Liston has not been in the ring since March, and has been suspended by the
Athletic Commision since June. A bout with the former Heavyweight Champion
Ingemar Johansson had been scheduled, but that match had been postponed
due to Liston's legal issues.

Would Ingo have suffered the same brutal Knock-out as Mr. Westphal.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Last edited by Senor Pepe'; 03-24-2012 at 08:59 PM.
Senor Pepe' is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:13 AM   #12
red cobra
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The Sea of Tranquility
Posts: 13,381
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ingo - Liston Bout in Canada Doubtful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawler View Post
we got some great hospitals and tremendous health care. he'd be well taken care of
..Oh, I'm sure of that..and he'd be served strawberry shortcake too.
red cobra is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013