boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 04-01-2012, 03:46 PM   #91
wutang
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: Wiill Floyd try to cheat against the Boricua Power House Cotto?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmurkaveli View Post
Oscar's chin, plus the fact that Floyd had barely moved up to welterweight...I think that Floyd is allot bigger and stronger now, and he crushed Ortiz, who weighed 164..Floyd's throwing allot of punches, so we will see what happens...I wanna see a great fight
I just hope cotto shows up in great shape for this fight and goes for broke. If floyd fights in the pocket, like i think he will, he will likely have a greater chance of stopping cotto, but this situation will also allow cotto his best opportunity at landing something significant on floyd. As much as I would've liked to see this fight in 2008, i'm still looking forward to it.
wutang is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2012, 03:51 PM   #92
kingmurkaveli
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Iron View Post
10oz gloves didnt help either.
Great point big man
kingmurkaveli is offline  Top
Old 04-01-2012, 03:54 PM   #93
kingmurkaveli
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutang View Post
I just hope cotto shows up in great shape for this fight and goes for broke. If floyd fights in the pocket, like i think he will, he will likely have a greater chance of stopping cotto, but this situation will also allow cotto his best opportunity at landing something significant on floyd. As much as I would've liked to see this fight in 2008, i'm still looking forward to it.
Cotto said he wasnt ready back then, and he feels that he's been through some things that made him ready...I dissagree with that, but hey, as long as he feels good, Im lookin forward to seein Floyd beatis azz!...Floyd has a habit of walking through Bodyshots, and Cotto is popular for his body blows...I think we may even see Floyd pushed, and thats what I really wanna see...man what if he knocks Floyd down...Floyd will sit on the canvas with a shocked "Negro are you foreal?..Did u just?...Oh HELL nah" look on his face...that same look he had when Ortiz billygoated em, and Floyd might get up and throw the hardest punch he ever threw in his life, drop Cotto, Cotto gets up, and Floyd throws the combinations he threw in the Ortiz fight, and stops him...Im high, and thinking of awesome outcomes..lol..cant wait
Old 04-01-2012, 04:03 PM   #94
Hands of Iron
#MSE
East Side Guru

It's going to be an excellent fight.

Quote:
Among the reasons Cotto bypassed a rematch with Pacquiao to face Mayweather was that he would "not fight below 150 pounds," adding, "Mayweather Jr. said he has no problem going up to 154 to fight me."

"Pacquiao is the one who objected and wants me to once again come down to a weight between 145 and 147 pounds," said Cotto, in an earlier story on RingTV.com.

"If Pacquiao had no trouble going up to 150 to fight [Antonio] Margarito, why is there a set requirement for me to go down again?" "Does he fear me? If Pacquiao wants to fight me again, it must be above 150 pounds. I will not continue to sacrifice my body to lose weight."
Hands of Iron is offline  Top
Old 04-01-2012, 04:08 PM   #95
wutang
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Cotto said he wasnt ready back then, and he feels that he's been through some things that made him ready...I dissagree with that, but hey, as long as he feels good, Im lookin forward to seein Floyd beatis azz!...Floyd has a habit of walking through Bodyshots, and Cotto is popular for his body blows...I think we may even see Floyd pushed, and thats what I really wanna see...man what if he knocks Floyd down...Floyd will sit on the canvas with a shocked "Negro are you foreal?..Did u just?...Oh HELL nah" look on his face...that same look he had when Ortiz billygoated em, and Floyd might get up and throw the hardest punch he ever threw in his life, drop Cotto, Cotto gets up, and Floyd throws the combinations he threw in the Ortiz fight, and stops him...Im high, and thinking of awesome outcomes..lol..cant wait
If Cotto is going to push floyd he's going to have to literally fight like a mad man. Cotto said prior to the second margarito fight that he isn't willing to die in the ring. that's far enough i can't blame him for that, but he is going to have to be willing to die in the ring against floyd if he is going to have any success. If he tries to box with floyd he's going to get picked apart. Anything can happen in a fight, Cotto dropping floyd is definitely a possibility. if demarcus corley was able to stun floyd then it is a real possibility regardless of how slight that possibility may be. Personally i think it will be competitive up until the 4th or 5th round until floyd adjusts and starts landing at will.
wutang is offline  Top
Old 04-01-2012, 04:11 PM   #96
wutang
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Default Re: Will Floyd try to cheat against the Boricua Power House Cotto?

thanks for the quote hands of iron. even though pacquiao destroyed cotto he always said that cotto was the toughest man he ever fought. i think he may very well fear facing cotto at 154 where cotto would be a lot stronger than in their previous fight at 147.
wutang is offline  Top
Old 04-01-2012, 04:12 PM   #97
kingmurkaveli
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
If Cotto is going to push floyd he's going to have to literally fight like a mad man. Cotto said prior to the second margarito fight that he isn't willing to die in the ring. that's far enough i can't blame him for that, but he is going to have to be willing to die in the ring against floyd if he is going to have any success. If he tries to box with floyd he's going to get picked apart. Anything can happen in a fight, Cotto dropping floyd is definitely a possibility. if demarcus corley was able to stun floyd then it is a real possibility regardless of how slight that possibility may be. Personally i think it will be competitive up until the 4th or 5th round until floyd adjusts and starts landing at will.
Funny u say that...I actually think that with all this new power Floyd has + All them dayumn punches he was throwing in sparring, Cotto gets stopped in the 5th round..We will see tho wont we..lol
Old 04-01-2012, 04:14 PM   #98
JoeAverage
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

No...

Mayweather is no Ward or Hopkins...

Secondly even if he was, even they only cheat if the yfeel they have to... and Mayweather doesnt have to cheat to beat Cotto..

So no... he wont.
JoeAverage is offline  Top
Old 04-01-2012, 04:19 PM   #99
wutang
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Funny u say that...I actually think that with all this new power Floyd has + All them dayumn punches he was throwing in sparring, Cotto gets stopped in the 5th round..We will see tho wont we..lol
you could very well be right. the way cotto leans forward when he's attacking could also be his undoing. i can just see floyd shoulder rolling cotto's right hands and coming up with perfectly placed uppercuts.
wutang is offline  Top
Old 04-01-2012, 04:19 PM   #100
Canibus81
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

Oritz is nothing but B-class fighter, don't ever compare him to Cotto. Cotto would knock him out faster than Mayweather did. And he's been knocked out before. Marco's Maidana knocked him out. And Floyd hit Ortiz with a cheap shot, he never hurt him before that. You need to open your eyes, instead riding Mayweathers jockstrap.
Canibus81 is offline  Top
Old 04-01-2012, 04:23 PM   #101
Canibus81
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
you could very well be right. the way cotto leans forward when he's attacking could also be his undoing. i can just see floyd shoulder rolling cotto's right hands and coming up with perfectly placed uppercuts.

You do realize Cotto is at his styrongest right now too. If he tries to out strength Cotto, he's an idiot.
Canibus81 is offline  Top
Old 04-01-2012, 04:34 PM   #102
Leon
The Artful Dodger
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canibus81 View Post
You do realize Cotto is at his styrongest right now too. If he tries to out strength Cotto, he's an idiot.
Leon is offline  Top
Old 04-01-2012, 04:40 PM   #103
kingmurkaveli
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canibus81 View Post
Oritz is nothing but B-class fighter, don't ever compare him to Cotto. Cotto would knock him out faster than Mayweather did. And he's been knocked out before. Marco's Maidana knocked him out. And Floyd hit Ortiz with a cheap shot, he never hurt him before that. You need to open your eyes, instead riding Mayweathers jockstrap.
First of All, Ortiz was an espn prospect, with a great Olympic backrgound..he has never been a B class fighter, his loss to Madiana made u all forget who he was...Second of all, Ortiz walks around at 164lbs...Madaina beat him at 140, a weight class he doesnt belong at...he is too big, third of all, Berto hits harder than Madiana...Madaina has no power at all, which proves my second point..Fourth of all, Cotto CAN outbox Ortiz, if he can go 12 rounds and avoid his one punch KO power, multiple combinations from all angles, speed, btw, Margarito is flatfooted, slow, no angles, unimpressive combinations, has NOTHING that Ortiz has, Fifth of all, the reason Floyd dropped Ortiz was because Floyd has a habit of growing a tail, turning into a dragon, and spitting fire*****...I dont care if Ortiz was looking or not, Floyd blasted him with one punch...Floyd is a beast if u push him to the next level, and if u have been reading the thread, u will know that we have already discussed that...Take some time to learn about the game of boxing!...Oh yea I said it...LEARN about this boxing game!
Old 04-01-2012, 04:43 PM   #104
mrjotatp4p
THE ONE
East Side Guru

Quote:
First of All, Ortiz was an espn prospect, with a great Olympic backrgound..he has never been a B class fighter, his loss to Madiana made u all forget who he was...Second of all, Ortiz walks around at 164lbs...Madaina beat him at 140, a weight class he doesnt belong at...he is too big, third of all, Berto hits harder than Madiana...Madaina has no power at all, which proves my second point..Fourth of all, Cotto CAN outbox Ortiz, if he can go 12 rounds and avoid his one punch KO power, multiple combinations from all angles, speed, btw, Margarito is flatfooted, slow, no angles, unimpressive combinations, has NOTHING that Ortiz has, Fifth of all, the reason Floyd dropped Ortiz was because Floyd has a habit of growing a tail, turning into a dragon, and spitting fire*****...I dont care if Ortiz was looking or not, Floyd blasted him with one punch...Floyd is a beast if u push him to the next level, and if u have been reading the thread, u will know that we have already discussed that...Take some time to learn about the game of boxing!...Oh yea I said it...LEARN about this boxing game!
mrjotatp4p is offline  Top
Old 04-01-2012, 04:46 PM   #105
WildStyle
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Your tats are ****ing hideous
WildStyle is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum