Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 04-01-2012, 08:55 PM   #31
Guyfawkes
Than who was phone?!
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: Is Vitali Klitschko in the Top 10 H2H ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr12 View Post
I don't see guys like Charles, Walcott, Johnson, and Tunney as really bringing much to challenge the Klitschko that fought Lewis. They don't have much power, and their boxing abilities (while they are impressive) seem to offer little against someone like Klitschko who knows how to use his significant height and weight advantage.
I dont give a **** what you "see", each man I listed has a far more impressive resume than either Klitschko and each man has a huge shot at beating them
Guyfawkes is offline  Top
Old 04-01-2012, 09:03 PM   #32
amhlilhaus
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

these guys are hideously over rated. look at the guys they've beaten, the condition they come into the ring in (fat) and then how they fight (most haven't tried). they are very good, but think of how the greats would do against the guys they've fought. I'm thinking quick blowouts for a lot of them.
amhlilhaus is offline  Top
Old 04-01-2012, 09:14 PM   #33
MAG1965
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1010

h2h yes, not p4p. He is so big yeah he would give most guys in history a hard fight. Frazier would not beat a Klitchko. Can you imagine Floyd Patterson vs. Vitali? Probably wouldn't go 3 or 4 rounds.
MAG1965 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2012, 09:20 PM   #34
punchy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendoza View Post
Watch more of his fights. He can go to the body, and can uppercut. Vitali moves well for his size, and is a master of range. There just isn't much infighting needed for Vitali. Ali had even less of an inside game than Vitali has. Point being, you don't need to be a good infighter to be an all time great at heavyweight.

I think a strong argument can be made for Vital being a top 10 head to head heavyweight.

>>> He has the best rounds won to rounds lost ratio, not only in the history of the division, but among all boxing champions. No man has taken more than 2 consensus rounds from the judges over Vital from age 26-40!

Ok, so he can box! What else?

>>> Vitali has never been floored by a punch.

But is he active?

>>> His punch stats for those who care to use them rates right up there with Frazier, and Marciano. Actually its better.

Can he hit hard?

>>> Vitali owns one of the best all time knock out percentages.

Can be overcome obstacles outside the ring?

>>> Vitali has come back from multiple surgeries, and lost 4 prime years, but came back without a warm up fight to take his title back.

I agree top ten head to head, too much is made of his lack of infighting skills all fighters have a weekness and his infighting is not enough to keep him out of the top ten Lewis could even be had to head no.one so to judge Vitali on that fight is unfair especially as he won four of six rounds.
punchy is offline  Top
Old 04-01-2012, 09:33 PM   #35
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000

I think the Chisora fight hurt this idea that Vitali is some H2H monster. It was a fight he won fairly easily on the cards but every round was tough - so tough that we got the usual injury excuse and then a mention of a rematch. This is against a guy who was nearly shut out against Tyson Fury, had less than 20 amateur fights and 17 pro fights.

Vitali, on the other hand, was highly praised after the Adamek win and many saw him as being near his prime.

Chisora has a style that should be easy for Vitali. He's not particular good at anything and he is lacking power, stamina and fight experience and yet he was still able to test Vitali. Had Chisora been more experienced, I think he'd have won that fight which doesn't say a lot about Vitali.

Fans tend to rate guys with big punches and a good chin higher H2H than they deserve. Vitali hits hard and has an excellent chin but he isn't a great fighter, based on his resume or how he'd far against other elite heavyweights.
Jack is offline  Top
Old 04-01-2012, 09:35 PM   #36
mr12

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guyfawkes View Post
I dont give a **** what you "see", each man I listed has a far more impressive resume than either Klitschko and each man has a huge shot at beating them
We're not talking about both of them; we're talking about Vitali. None of the fighters you just mentioned has the power to pose much of a threat to Klitschko, and there's little reason to believe that they could win a decision against him given his huge size advantage. I see each of them being punished with the jab and right hand over and over again.
mr12 is offline  Top
Old 04-01-2012, 09:54 PM   #37
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
I think the Chisora fight hurt this idea that Vitali is some H2H monster.
That's a bit harsh given his age.
McGrain is online now  Top
Old 04-01-2012, 10:09 PM   #38
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrain View Post
That's a bit harsh given his age.
If his recent performances went along with that, I'd agree. However, he looked great against Adamek and completely dominated a guy who was seen as a legit threat. Adamek was probably the third or fourth best in the world at the time and would be one of Vitali's top 5 wins.

Considering how impressive he was against Adamek, I don't buy into this argument that his age has caught up with him. When guys age overnight, it's usually due to a tough fight and Vitali hasn't been in a tough fight since Lewis, so I don't think you can say that about Vitali either. According to Vitali himself, he's feeling great in training and seems to be over all his injury woes.

Maybe it's a bit harsh. I just don't think Vitali's age is an excuse for such a average performance. I think Chisora showed up flaws that have always been there and aren't exactly hard to find out.
Jack is offline  Top
Old 04-01-2012, 10:12 PM   #39
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

Writing off a guys whole h2h reputation for a win he has in his forties is harsh any way you cut it.
McGrain is online now  Top
Old 04-01-2012, 10:19 PM   #40
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Yeah, I see where you're coming from. I put very little stock in age though, so maybe that's where we differ. I don't think the fact Vitali is 40 enhances his wins or excuses his poor performances in any way. Age is just a number and nothing more.
Jack is offline  Top
Old 04-01-2012, 10:22 PM   #41
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP

vCash: 26665

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
I think the Chisora fight hurt this idea that Vitali is some H2H monster. It was a fight he won fairly easily on the cards but every round was tough - so tough that we got the usual injury excuse and then a mention of a rematch. This is against a guy who was nearly shut out against Tyson Fury, had less than 20 amateur fights and 17 pro fights.

Vitali, on the other hand, was highly praised after the Adamek win and many saw him as being near his prime.

Chisora has a style that should be easy for Vitali. He's not particular good at anything and he is lacking power, stamina and fight experience and yet he was still able to test Vitali. Had Chisora been more experienced, I think he'd have won that fight which doesn't say a lot about Vitali.

Fans tend to rate guys with big punches and a good chin higher H2H than they deserve.
Vitali hits hard and has an excellent chin but he isn't a great fighter, based on his resume or how he'd far against other elite heavyweights.
You can't take someone seriously if they genuinely thought that. It couldn't be much more apparent that he's well past his best and it was apparent well before the Chisora fight. Some people get fooled by dominant wins and don't see the differences smacking them in the face.

Aye. That's true, from what I've seen, as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrain View Post
Writing off a guys whole h2h reputation for a win he has in his forties is harsh any way you cut it.
Certainly.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 04-01-2012, 10:28 PM   #42
Guyfawkes
Than who was phone?!
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
We're not talking about both of them; we're talking about Vitali. None of the fighters you just mentioned has the power to pose much of a threat to Klitschko, and there's little reason to believe that they could win a decision against him given his huge size advantage. I see each of them being punished with the jab and right hand over and over again.
Please get off esb, you piece of Klitlicking scum
Old 04-01-2012, 10:47 PM   #43
mr12

Quote:
Please get off esb, you piece of Klitlicking scum
Why am I "Klitlicking scum ?" All I did was make a reasonable argument that I think many on this site would agree with. Fighters like Tunney, Charles, and Walcott don't really appear to have the kind of power to do much damage to Klitschko given his chin. And, even if they were more skilled fighters, it's difficult to imagine them overcoming Klitschko's height and reach advantage, consistently avoiding his jab.
mr12 is offline  Top
Old 04-01-2012, 10:59 PM   #44
Guyfawkes
Than who was phone?!
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Why am I "Klitlicking scum ?" All I did was make a reasonable argument that I think many on this site would agree with. Fighters like Tunney, Charles, and Walcott don't really appear to have the kind of power to do much damage to Klitschko given his chin. And, even if they were more skilled fighters, it's difficult to imagine them overcoming Klitschko's height and reach advantage, consistently avoiding his jab.
No u didnt make any kind of reasonable godamn argument, u made an argument that you and all other Klitlickers would agree with, which is that the Klitschkos are big n tall

Well there is more to boxing than size, and if u cant see how greats like the guys i listed could beat Vitali than u should stop watching boxing and find another sport
Old 04-01-2012, 11:05 PM   #45
mr12

Quote:
No u didnt make any kind of reasonable godamn argument, u made an argument that you and all other Klitlickers would agree with, which is that the Klitschkos are big n tall

Well there is more to boxing than size, and if u cant see how greats like the guys i listed could beat Vitali than u should stop watching boxing and find another sport
No, I didn't just say that Klitschko was "big n tall."
mr12 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum