Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 01-05-2009, 09:39 PM   #1
andyZOR
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 823
Default *****Denis Lebedev*****

Discuss.

Last edited by andyZOR; 05-23-2009 at 01:44 PM.
andyZOR is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2009, 02:59 PM   #2
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Denis Lebedev

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyzOr View Post
Discuss.
He was out of the ring for a very long time due to personal problems.He is a very likeable human being,a humble human being.
A little bit slow,but his fists are dangerous weapons as he has very telling pop in them.
Lets wait and see how he fares in his next 2-3 fights! He may turn out to be the russian version of Juergen Braehmer who a few years ago had been considered to be the next big thing before he found himself behind iron bars for beating up old geezers in traffic accidents where he lost his drive and desire to make it to the top.
Anyway! Lebedev will always be part of my memory as he was the one who scored the most brutal ko ( vs Berry Butler on the undercard of Mitchell vs Ottke) I ve ever seen in a box ring.
I can still remember that fight very vividly.Me and my friend were his only supporters in that huge arena in Germany's capital Berlin.I was able to congratulate him personally for his devasting and breathtakingly impressive ko victory against Butler.
What a murderous punch it was! I was flubbergasted when I learnt that Butler didnt quit the pro game for good after that extremely ko loss.I thought that he would have been finished for good.Obviously,I was wrong.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 01-06-2009, 05:03 PM   #3
andyZOR
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo View Post
He was out of the ring for a very long time due to personal problems.He is a very likeable human being,a humble human being.
A little bit slow,but his fists are dangerous weapons as he has very telling pop in them.
Lets wait and see how he fares in his next 2-3 fights! He may turn out to be the russian version of Juergen Braehmer who a few years ago had been considered to be the next big thing before he found himself behind iron bars for beating up old geezers in traffic accidents where he lost his drive and desire to make it to the top.
Anyway! Lebedev will always be part of my memory as he was the one who scored the most brutal ko ( vs Berry Butler on the undercard of Mitchell vs Ottke) I ve ever seen in a box ring.
I can still remember that fight very vividly.Me and my friend were his only supporters in that huge arena in Germany's capital Berlin.I was able to congratulate him personally for his devasting and breathtakingly impressive ko victory against Butler.
What a murderous punch it was! I was flubbergasted when I learnt that Butler didnt quit the pro game for good after that extremely ko loss.I thought that he would have been finished for good.Obviously,I was wrong.
Any clips?
andyZOR is offline  Top
Old 01-07-2009, 12:40 PM   #4
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyzOr View Post
Any clips?
No idea,andyzOr!!

Too tired to research right now!!
Odo is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2009, 07:19 AM   #5
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Lebedev is scheduled to square off against former heavy weight title challenger Elisio Castillo(21-2) from Cuba this upcomming sunday.
The Cuban is a tough cookie who twice knocked down cruiser weight fringe contender Jonathan Banks,challenged Wlad Klitschko,and beat Michael Moorer.
Very demanding challenge for Lebedev who was out of the pro business for ages due to personal problems.

According to the news Castillo was scheduled to face cruiser weight hope Flores but Floores choose Licina's victim Herrera instead.

Lebedev has to pull his socks up in order to be victorious over the decent Cuban fighter.We will see whether his long absence from the ring has damaged Lebedev's career and his capability to deliver goods in the ring.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 03-20-2009, 06:17 PM   #6
GStalker
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I shall be in Balashikha on Sunday night to watch Lebedev fight live and maybe to talk to him after that... I've also watched his fights against Dmitry Adamovich and one Georgian fighter. He looked pretty sharp and he has a decent physical strength to crush his opponents both mentally and physically. Vladimir Hrunov is pretty high on him and hopes to get him title fights till the end of the year. The winner of Afolabi - Ramirez/Ismailov match up can be this guy..
GStalker is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2009, 12:05 PM   #7
GStalker
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Lebedev crushed Eliceo Castillo three hours ago. It was a total domination. Castillo was never in the fight, was put down twice in the fifth and finally stopped in the same round.
GStalker is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2009, 07:06 PM   #8
GStalker
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Exactly. He is managed by Vladimir Hrunov, trained by Valery Belov and promoted by Frank ******. Look for Fightnews. I guess details are coming soon...
GStalker is offline  Top
Old 03-23-2009, 08:30 AM   #9
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GStalker View Post
Lebedev crushed Eliceo Castillo three hours ago. It was a total domination. Castillo was never in the fight, was put down twice in the fifth and finally stopped in the same round.
Good news,stalker!

Lebedev has passed this test quite successfully.He seems to be ready for the big fights out there.

To be honest I thought that Lebedev would have a tougher time with Castillo.I am glad that I was wrong!

Didnt Wlad take out Castillo in the fight round of their encounter as well???
Hey,Wlad,watch out for Lebedev!!
Odo is offline  Top
Old 03-25-2009, 08:31 AM   #10
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Glen Johnson,hm!

His manager wants him to fight that old American vet within the next couple of months.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 03-26-2009, 12:11 PM   #11
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violent retard View Post
Johnson wants big pay days at this stage of his career and who can blame him. He is done facing prospects, unfortunately for Lebedev.
You are probably right,mate!

A couple of months ago there was a lot of available money among Moscow's upper class.

Lebedev is an adopted son of Russia's capital.He enjoys a lot of support among a certain section of people there.
Not really sure if money would have been the biggest problem a few months ago.
Well,times have changed. Right now the flow of money into Moscow's big hands has dried out.
Money is an important factor at this moment of time.
Glen vs Lebedev wont come off within the next few months.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 05-07-2009, 03:00 PM   #12
ishy
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 500

Lebedev may fight Maccaranelli on the Kotelnik-Khan undercard.
ishy is offline  Top
Old 05-07-2009, 03:59 PM   #13
andyZOR
Champion
East Side Guru

Lebedev is the truth!
andyZOR is offline  Top
Old 05-09-2009, 05:21 AM   #14
rooq
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishy View Post
******s been taking a few gambles recently but i'd still be suprised if he goes through with this
rooq is offline  Top
Old 05-15-2009, 05:55 AM   #15
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishy View Post
Macaranelli,eh! The Brit still has a very good name.Good scalp for Lebedev! And whats more Macca will be Denis' first true test after his long absence from the ring. Intriguing fight on the undercard of an intriguing main event!
Odo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum